Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

King crystal bundle doesn't have right bots

The king crystal is supposed to contain a chance at megatron and other bots, the bundle that was released today does not have and it should have, can we get a refund or new set of crystals

Comments

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited August 2017
    Kabam we would really like to hear back on this, please. Not all King Crystals are created equal? If we are buying a lesser crystal in these special deals, we would like to know that is the case.
  • Nope, I got a 4* Barricade, and he's the previously released old bot
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I wasn't really paying attention when I spun them, but what other bots do you think were missing, Amano?
  • Hey gang!

It sounds like when the King Crystal was spun Megatron was not seen in the portraits, but I can assure you that he was available as a possible chance in the crystal. The spin animation doesn't determine what you are going to get within the crystal, this feature is added simply for fun. With that said, the animation isn't going to show you all the bots available in that crystal.

The King Crystal was created to grant a chance at Grimlock who is exclusive to that crystal. However, the previous bots available within the game are also given a chance at being the outcome.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Hey gang!

It sounds like when the King Crystal was spun Megatron was not seen in the portraits, but I can assure you that he was available as a possible chance in the crystal. The spin animation doesn't determine what you are going to get within the crystal, this feature is added simply for fun. With that said, the animation isn't going to show you all the bots available in that crystal.

The King Crystal was created to grant a chance at Grimlock who is exclusive to that crystal. However, the previous bots available within the game are also given a chance at being the outcome.

Wrong, I asked 5 people which is 60 crystals including myself and not a single person saw megatron or received megatron think ou guys are pulling our leg here
    Also made a ticket and they pretty Much said go ask on the fourms we can't help you
  • I got a 3 star megatron from the bundle so he is definitely in there. mmitb0reel6s.png
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Hey gang!

@Kabam Vydious just to be clear, we are very aware of how the game works and its intricacies as we have mostly been playing Kabam games for the last 2-3 years.

That said, the King Crystals that come from any other source had MT, Ratchet, etc as available 4* options. After many people checking the King Crystals from the Sunday special deal, we are confident that these were not options in the crystals from that source.

If you are telling us that you spoke to them to check these crystals and have confirmed that MT, Ratchet, etc in fact were absolutely in those crystals, then we can accept that answer. However, if you are telling us that you assure us, because that's how it is supposed to work, then I think you are putting too much faith in expected results and not allowing for any potential failure on Kabam's part.

Please also understand, this would be one of multiple times this has already happened in the past. We've seen this before and Kabam has had to fix it, so it is not outside the realm of possibility.
  • What about the specials on the King crystals? Are they different from just outright spending energon instead of cash? I have a deal on my phone for 10 King crystals and 5 Alliance crystals, or whatever it is and it costs $19.99. My son, on his phone, has a deal that is for 4 and 2 of the same crystals but for $4.99.
    What about the specials on the King crystals? Are they different from just outright spending energon instead of cash? I have a deal on my phone for 10 King crystals and 5 Alliance crystals, or whatever it is and it costs $19.99. My son, on his phone, has a deal that is for 4 and 2 of the same crystals but for $4.99.

It's based on time played in game, newer players get the lesser crystals
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Also technically the smaller crystal offer is actually better value per crystal
  • Yeah, I know its better. 6 crystals for $4.99 would come out to 24 crystals at $19.96 vs. 15 for $19.99. Much better deal!
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Hey gang!

Hey Vid, sorry to have to tell you how the crystal spin works, since you work there and all. Yes the spin is just for fun. No the spin does not reflect odds of getting certain prizes. But the portraits shown in the spin are generated based on what is available from the crystal pretty evenly, showing a 4*s about 1/3 of the time. It will never show you something that isn't available in the crystal. (Go spin a 1* crystal sometime. With only 6 options ....). So a logical conclusion from spinning a fair number of crystals and not seeing a portrait, is that it isn't in the crystal.

Maybe we're overconfident in our ability to detect these things after the "victory" with the MV1 Prime crystals, but maybe we're also right on this one. Please check it out properly instead of relying with the standard response on how crystals should work.
  • edited August 2017
    Hey All,

First off, please be nice to the new Moderators :tongue: . Vydious did exactly what she should have in this case, because she did check with others before replying to this thread, and I just checked again. Megatron is in the Crystals.

This isn't the first time we've heard reports that Megatron is not in a crystal. Remember when his own Crystal came out? The thing about Megatron is he looks so much like other Decepticons from the Cinematic Universe that he can be hard to tell apart. Looking at some posts around, some players have definitely pulled a 4-Star Megatron.