Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hot Rod's Abilities

Hey guys,i just wanted Hot Rod To have more abilities cuz he only has 2 i.e. deceleration and increase in crit rate which are not the abilities you expect warrior to have so I was thinking like a traditional warrior he could bleed when he performs a heavy attack or at least when he performs Sp3 (alt mode is a Lamborghini right, so...,and also it/he makes that slicing sound in sp3). So what do you think guys? Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hot Rod is not the kind of warrior that would bleed, as others do. Arcee can bleed with ranged, Hounds got burns, Bonecrusher is a walking cactus. Bludgeon, and drift have swords. Scorp has pincers. All have justification for their ability to bleed opponents, but i can't see Hut Rud doing it because how could he? He Can't kick and cause the opponent to bleed. That's just improbable. Though it would be nice to see, Hot Rod isn't the type of guy to bleed if you look at his kit.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    see that is what i said you know hot rod's Sp3 right
    edited November 2019
    you know that slicing sound he makes?
    i feel he can bleed then (heavily)
    if not then why make him a Warrior At All????
  • Hot rod is a warrior because his deceleration stops scouts from evading, however the warrior class description of loving to bleed energon, he has never fallen under
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Speaking of lacking abilities, let’s talk about Grimlock, and even Optimus Prime a little bit...
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    Hot rod is a warrior because his deceleration stops scouts from evading, however the warrior class description of loving to bleed energon, he has never fallen under

Exactly
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Speaking of lacking abilities, let’s talk about Grimlock, and even Optimus Prime a little bit...

Grim? And which Prime?
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

I wouldn't say Grim or OGP or MV1 are lacking in abilities.
    yes, they are not @Gunz0 (thanks @BDunked2 )
    edited November 2019
    so what abilities do you guys think should he have?(hot rod)
    shock is a tech thing or no?
    power loss would be cool
    like due to deceleration they go so slow that they fail to gain power and lose some instead?
    edited November 2019
    What do you think @Kabam Vydious
    Can Hot Rod please get more abilities?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited November 2019
    @Firebot first of all @Gunz0 was being sarcastic...it's kind of his thing...

As for hot rod...he needs more usability when unduped...

SP1: 40% chance to inflict power burn that burns 10% power and steals 5% and 30% to get the Chained buff for 8 seconds
    Chained makes ranged attacks sometimes come in pairs of 2 giving it a 2X chance to inflict debuffs and deal double damage

SP2: 40% chance to inflict power burn that burns 20% power away and 30% chance to get Chained for 8 seconds

SP3: 100% chance to steal 25% of the opponents power and 60% chance to get chained for 10 seconds

Just what I think would make him a bit more useful
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I mean increase his crit chance on heavy and stun at the same, maybe overcome his non-bleed type kit.

Also chance to stun on sp1 on crit hit
    Same goes for sp2 as well.... Maybe 50% chance?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    A 100% chance to decelerate on basic ranged would be nice. I mean it's not like it actually hurts players when they get that glancing blow from it that doesn't deal them any damage (Blaster's interference shots do the same thing; you can dodge the damage but not the debuff). But c'mon, it's a frickin' time-gun. Either it works 100% of the time or it works 0% of the time.

I do agree that he needs something though.
    Hey guys ! Any new suggestions?
    I found that when hot rod does a heavy attack he stuns but rarely
  • I've never said this out loud, but Hot Rod is basically just a Scout that can counter other scouts.

I mean, increased power gain, power control, evade, and controlled increase in critical rate are all traits of a Scout, and yet 'cuz he can nullify evade he is shoved into the warrior class.

Doesn't help that his only real counter in the Brawler class is Grindor. Everyone else has nothing of note to consistently counter him. Maybe Primal, but he honestly counters any bot that relies on critical hits.

So yeah, make him actually earn the Warrior title, or just make him a scout and make Deceleration nullify power gain or shields or something like that.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Make deceleration passive and just apply 100% of the time and last for 7 mins. Also, make Hot Rod unique in that he can only be in car mode. No punches or kicks. He just drives around knocking you over like Mirage’s SP3. No tapping. All you have to do as a player is turn your device mic on and make vroom vroom noises.

Too Overpowered.
  • Hot Rod Buff Suggestions

-SP1:
    •Critical Hits have a 70% Chance to Stun the Opponent for 4 seconds.

This would allow opportunities for Hot Rod to chain stun, especially when he's highly duped. However, I don't want this to be too broken, so a 70% would surely act as a restraint from an INFINITE STUN.

SP3:
    •Pause all Crit Rate Buffs that Hot Rod had gained before.

It's pointless that the Crit Rate Buffs expire prematurely just because the animation takes too long. So why not just lock the buffs? It'll certainly give him more of a chance to Crit his attacks and give the Special more OOMPH!

•Time Locks the Opponent for 12 seconds, preventing them from activating Crit Rate and Power Gain Buffs.

Since it's a Time Gun at its Maximum Setting dialed up to 11, the opponent shouldn't activate ANY buffs at all; they're FROZEN in TIME. But, since that would be broken, I'll just keep it specified for Scout based abilities. It'll be a useful counter against Crit bots like Bumbles and Barricade (who would gain a Crit Rate Buff after being knocked down) and Power Gainers like Cheetor and Sideswipe. And Soundwave too cause he suuuuucks (jk on last part).
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Make deceleration passive and just apply 100% of the time and last for 7 mins. Also, make Hot Rod unique in that he can only be in car mode. No punches or kicks. He just drives around knocking you over like Mirage’s SP3. No tapping. All you have to do as a player is turn your device mic on and make vroom vroom noises.

Oof, I just wasted all that time making my suggestion, when the PERFECT one was already here.

10/10: Would stop ze time again!
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    edited December 2019
    With his time gun Hot Rod should have been a tech, then again windblade should have been a warrior( but that is another thread for another day), hot rod is misclassed which is not the first bot to fall into this category, but he is also not a warrior by any stretch of the imagination aside from his antievade capability....why we have an overabundance of bayverse warriors is beyond any of us and only the devs can answer and it may even be something with licensing that dictates the classes the bots are grouped into.

On the subject of bayverse and misclassificiations hound should have been a demo, even with his burn and bleed being used, he would have made more sense as a demo
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You're right @Wolfmills ,Kabam has stated that they don't have the final say of the bot class. Hasbro has.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

How about making his “Time-Stop Gun” stay true to its name? From now on, Deceleration won’t just prevent the opponent from evading and reducing their power rate, it’ll completely stun and power lock them for 7 minutes
    Firebot wrote: »
    yes, they are not @Gunz0 (thanks @BDunked2 )

They actually are. While Hot Rod has Deceleration which is Evade chance reduction and Power rate reduction rolled into one, Crit Rate, Stun and Acceleration (Evade and Power Rate increase rolled into one), Prime only has armor break, armor, attack buff and bleed and Grimlock only has melee buffs, burn and DOT purification.

It’s 6 different abilities vs 4 vs 3. Not to mention that those 2 bots I’ve mentioned do not have any “Unique Abilities”, unlike Hot Rod’s 2 strange new buffs/debuffs. Prime and Grimlock could only use already existing abilities.

I’d say that quantity is much more important than quality, which explains why bots such as Demo Megatron (7 abilities: Unstoppable, Crit Damage, Ranged Damage, Attack Increase, Passive Armor, Healing and Stun) are incredibly useful.