Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Autobot to awaken?

I need a technician for my g1 autobot team. Grimlock, Arcee, Prowl, and Optimus are locked in. My question is which one of those two tec bots is better awakened and would be better on the team. Option number three would be to awaken Shockwave for my Decepticon team but he seems fine to me without the dupe so I didn’t list him as an option but chime in if I’m missing something there.

Thank you!

Autobot to awaken? 29 votes

Blaster
24%
BeastdadKillMasterCJIMMY_SABBonesetterHUNOptimalOptimus_MV1PeponfreeTransformator79 7 votes
Mirage
75%
TsunamiGunz0SynthwaveHalloweendmWolfmillsDrShotgunBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulSilentHunter2Bntyhntr3232_billygovolsRed_EyesStarkiller7SlayerScarredArachnid333harsha1997Vanjiemac10smg_ToaOfGreenCiutaglioconEdwardo76 22 votes

Comments

• PeasPeas Posts: 74
    These are all five stars.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Blaster
    Blaster because it allows you to execute the kamikaze-dash-thru-basic-ranged move and not take too much damage.

For the record, Mirage’s Sig is pretty powerful and effective. He’s still one of the best long fight bots but I am biased towards BaBaBaBlaster!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Blaster
    Although Blaster's sig isn't very useful, he himself is a great control bot with unique fighting style. Also his synergy will boost your Shockwave (the moment you get him) to the next level.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    edited December 2019
    Mirage
    Shockwave’s undo damage is very useful and something to think about, but if you’re focused on an autobot, mirage i would say is the way to go, though i have pulled him multiple times as a 5*(which is nothing new since day one.... mirage was my first maxed 1*, 2* and one of my first maxed 3*)
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Mirage
    Mirage is great for those demos that have a huge ranged buff. He can take a hit like no other..
    Blaster on the other hand will make sure those buffed range hits don't even hit you.
    Blaster is underrated fo sho
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2019
    Mirage
    with those bots you have, Mirage is your guy. Great synergies with Arcee and Prowl. Sub out Prime for UM and you've got a great Autobot wrecking crew.

Plus Mirage is a great trainer bot. A lot of vets got really good at the game by using him to try and get those 20 attack buffs on longer fights.
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    Mirage
    Is Mirage any good unduped? I pulled him from the 5* crystal yesterday and he’s my first tech 5 star so I’m thinking about ranking him up.
    Mirage
    He's better awakened, but that can be done with a little patience.
  • Mirage
    Mirage's dupe Is amazing so that's who I'd say
    Thanks for all of the input guys!
    I should have mentioned this originally, whichever tec I choose will only get the one signature point from being awakened.

I’ve been putting all of the tec programs I get on Soundwave and he still has a long way to go.

Does that change anyone’s answer?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Mirage
    Soundwave is a solid bot also. Many feel he's outdated and likely to get a buff soon, but a high level SW sig can seriously save your a$$ and he's a real force to be reckoned with when played well.
    Mirage
    Any thunder Soundwave had was stolen by Jetfire and never returned.

Legend has it that if you hold your phone up real close to your ear on his info page, you can actually hear vocoded crying as well as Ravage trying to console him.

Even sig 100 Soundwave is only a 90% chance to reflect and he has to have his shield active. JF does it 100% of the time when you time it correctly.

I wouldn't personally invest anymore in him but he is due for a rebalancing so maybe you'll get lucky.
    Yeah Soundwave may not be the best but I had his toy as a kid and thought he was awesome. I play this game mostly for the nostalgia so looking for logic might not work. I do appreciate the replies though. Thank you.
  • Blaster
    Peas wrote: »
    Yeah Soundwave may not be the best but I had his toy as a kid and thought he was awesome. I play this game mostly for the nostalgia so looking for logic might not work. I do appreciate the replies though. Thank you.

then you had your answer since the beginning... this whole game works under the premise of its emotional value. So, go Soundwave!!