Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Missions: Logical Authority

edited August 2017 in General Discussion
After 4-Million years on Cybertron, Shockwave has come to New Quintessa, and he’s taking Megatron’s post as the Boss of Alliance Missions!

The time has come once again, it’s time to refresh Alliance Missions!

Map and Node Changes:

Forgotten Ruins:

This time, we’ll be making some small changes to the Forgotten Ruins Map. In addition to Shockwave dethroning Megatron, Ramjet is taking the place of Soundwave as the Miniboss.
Bludgeon will be replaced by Drift, and Arcee is bowing out to Hot Rod. There are also a couple of other encounter changes, but you’ll discover those soon!

Shattered Lands:

Soundwave with a Special 1 Stun Buff remains the final Miniboss, but Drift will be replaced by Ramjet with a buff that extends Debuff durations, and Hot Rod will give up his spot to Starscream, who will be powered up by a Buff that intermittently increased the damage of his Ranged Attacks.

Shockwave’s cold logic has determined that he will be replacing the 3 Bots that surround him as the Boss. Drift with a Ranged Attack Buff, Waspinator with a Power Flow Buff, and Ultra Magnus with an increased Special 1 Attack Buff will be protecting the new Boss!

Standard encounters around the Map have also been refreshed, and feature some of our newer additions to the game.

Rewards:

We’ve also made some significant changes that should act to help even the playing field a bit for all of our Commanders, and assist in ranking up your Bots.

The short of it is that you can expect more Alliances will have access to the rewards that they need to Rank Up their Bots. We’ve also done some shuffling, and have shifted some rewards from Milestones over to rewards that you receive for Map Completion!

Before we start to break this down, we do need to address something that might prove unpopular among some of our Players. We have significantly reduced the amount of Tier 2 Alpha essence that can be earned through Alliance Missions at this time. The amount that was previously available was not the amount that was intended to be available, and though we considered leaving it where it was, this was giving the Alliances at the top end of the spectrum a means to move significantly further along than other Alliances, widening the gap between the Top End of Alliances, and Alliances that were just below them. This was also breaking the resource management and distribution of our system, where the Tier 2 Alpha Spark Essence was far less rare than it should be, even in comparison to Tier 3 Basic Spark Essence.

We know that this might be disappointing to some players, but hope that you guys can understand that this was a necessary change.

Now, let’s get into this!

Milestone Rewards:

Point requirements haven’t changed for Milestones, but the rewards have. Like we said earlier, Tier 2 Alpha Spark Essence has been largely decreased, since they were significantly higher than they should have been. The amount is quite a bit, with the Top Milestone dropping from 4000 Essence, to 200.

Tier 1 Alpha and Tier 3 Basic Essence has been reduced as well, but have been added to Map Completion Rewards instead.

While the Milestone Rewards before did achieve the effect of awarding Alliances based on the Difficulty they were participating in, it was done on the assumption that Alliances were all running 3 Battlegroups. Now, you will be rewarded for the difficulty you are attempting, even if you only have 1 Battlegroup able to 100% Explore the map.

Map Completion Rewards:

We wanted to make sure that players are able to earn Spark Essence appropriate to the difficulties that they are participating in. You’ll now be getting 2 different items for Map Completion, in addition to the Crystal Shards and Gold you were already receiving.

Difficulties 1-15: Tier 2 Basic Spark Essence and Tier 1 Class Crystal Shards.
Difficulties 16-40: Tier 1 Alpha, and Tier 2 Basic Spark Essence.
Difficulties 41-65: Tier 3 Basic Spark and Tier 1 Alpha Spark Essence.
Difficulties 66-100: Tier 2 Alpha Spark and Tier 3 Basic Spark Essence.

The higher the difficulty, the more Spark Essence you’ll win! For example, Difficulty 16 awards 50 Tier 1 Alpha Essence and 160 Tier 2 Basic Spark Essence, while Difficulty 25 will award 140 Tier 1 Alpha Essence and 297 Tier 2 Basic Spark Essence. You earn these Rewards for each Battlegroup that 100% Completes their Map, so you can earn 3 times the amount for 100% Exploration with all 3 Battlegroups! Take a look below for the complete list of Rewards per difficulty.

Rank Rewards:

We’ve added Tier 2 Alpha Spark Essence to the Top 3 Rank Rewards, and increased the Tier 3 Basic Spark Essence for the Top 10 Alliances. We’ve also added more Tier 1 Alpha Spark Essence, more Tier 2 Basic Sparks, and more Tier 2 Class Sparks across the board.

Prepare yourselves Commanders! The new iteration of Alliance Missions start tomorrow, August 16th! You’ll need to update to the newest version of the game to participate, so make sure to update when you see that 3.0 is available in the App Store or Google Play Store!

Map Completion Rewards per Difficulty of Shattered Lands Map:
xah4jwtbt62l.png
j3yrx2ajf275.png

Tagged:

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    I'm hoping the overall amount of t3b essence available is increased.
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    I'm hoping the overall amount of t3b essence available is increased.

It will depend on your Alliance, which difficulty you run, and where you normally rank, but we expect that more Alliances than ever before will be scoring more Tier 3 Basic Essence!
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Can we get a list of what every difficulty gives per day
    More alliances scoring t3b is definitely awesome. Just trying to anticipate what the rewards will be, I imagine they'll be pretty sweet.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Really happy with more access to T1A and other changes, looking forward to fighting Ramjet, can't wait for tomorrow!
  • Amano wrote: »
    Can we get a list of what every difficulty gives per day

Absolutely. I'm adding it to the original post right now. I just threw together a spreadsheet and screenshotted it. Please ignore my terrible attempt at color coding it.
  • Without more detail, it's hard to tell how good or bad this is. I am puzzled though. The top alliances are at the top in part because they have players who spend a lot to get stronger faster. Reducing how much they get for free in the name of balance seems odd unless this change to rewards will be somehow giving more access to these rewards to lower alliances.
    If it's just an overall nerf to rewards, then it won't help balance, it'll just reduce how much you get for free.
    We will see how it works out once implemented. The breakdown in the description makes it sound like you already need to have t3 4* bots to earn t3 essence, but with masteries, it may be possible to push higher levels of AM with maxed 3* and r2 4*s.
  • Can we get what the milestones and rank rewards will be as well?

A lot of dissatisfaction going around without knowing those.
    Or we could wait 24 hours...kidding
    I want it NOW
  • Chad218Chad218 Posts: 44
    We are missing the detail needed to determine if this is positive or negative. It would have been nice to have had some more detailed information with more than 24 hours to digest it.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    lol Toth...

5lmm07zpn80z.png
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I'd like to see the milestones as well please.
    And last milestone from 4000 to 200? Seriously? hardly makes it worth doing at all. I'm sure it must be a typo. You meant 2000 right?
    Mike, it seems like a lot of the changes are about pushing alliances to run three full battlegroups. Have many been running fewer that?
    edited August 2017
    That's a 95% drop in milestone rewards for exactly the sort of spark we're trying to get, and I'm just assuming it's a cross the board for all T2A spark for the milestones
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    just make sure to increase T3 basic spark drops (or remain it as it is).. else prepare to see me rage...
  • Bubian wrote: »
    And last milestone from 4000 to 200? Seriously? hardly makes it worth doing at all. I'm sure it must be a typo. You meant 2000 right?

It is not a typo. Believe me, we know that this is not something that some Alliances will be happy to hear, but the original amounts were a mistake, and not one we could continue to allow to exist.

Fixing this issue is about bringing some balance to all Alliances, and ensuring that we’re not outpacing ourselves for future content. Simply put, the game is not ready for players to be able to collect as many Tier 2 Alpha Sparks as has happened.

Over time, we’ll make those more available, just as we have with Tier 1 Alpha Sparks, and as we are starting to do with Tier 3 Basic Sparks. Otherwise, we are running into a situation where we have to create content to challenge just the Players that are scoring T2A Sparks, which additionally puts the players that are not at a much larger disadvantage, because they are not able to.
  • edited August 2017
    Davien wrote: »
    just make sure to increase T3 basic spark drops (or remain it as it is).. else prepare to see me rage...

While there is less T3B Essence in Milestone rewards, we’ve calculated that Alliances will be getting more than before thanks to the changes to Map Completion and Rank rewards!
    Thanks Miike. Not too sure I'm interested in spending the same money to earn far less rewards. Maybe we should increase the rewards to the lower alliances instead of penalizing the top alliance, and spenders?
    Bubian wrote: »

It is not a typo. Believe me, we know that this is not something that some Alliances will be happy to hear, but the original amounts were a mistake, and not one we could continue to allow to exist.

Fixing this issue is about bringing some balance to all Alliances, and ensuring that we’re not outpacing ourselves for future content. Simply put, the game is not ready for players to be able to collect as many Tier 2 Alpha Sparks as has happened.

Over time, we’ll make those more available, just as we have with Tier 1 Alpha Sparks, and as we are starting to do with Tier 3 Basic Sparks. Otherwise, we are running into a situation where we have to create content to challenge just the Players that are scoring T2A Sparks, which additionally puts the players that are not at a much larger disadvantage, because they are not able to.

If it was a mistake you wouldn't have let us run it for 4+ weeks, don't think you guys thought we would even touch it and it was just there for good looks
    Can you please show milestone rewards?
    Bubian wrote: »
    Thanks Miike. Not too sure I'm interested in spending the same money to earn far less rewards. Maybe we should increase the rewards to the lower alliances instead of penalizing the top alliance, and spenders?
    Couldn't have said it better most top alliances were only running this high for one reason.....t2a
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Reducing t2 alpha so significantly is the worst thing you could possibly do. You are eternalizing the gap between players and alliances and abolishing completion. The damage has already been done, preventing others from achieving this will tattoo the rich and the poor for ever in the game.
    Sabugen wrote: »
    Reducing t2 alpha so significantly is the worst thing you could possibly do. You are eternalizing the gap between players and alliances and abolishing completion. The damage has already been done, preventing others from achieving this will tattoo the rich and the poor for ever in the game.

That's a bit extravagant. Right now, only a couple of alliances are getting much if any t3a. But they're getting quite a bit. This stops them getting something that everyone else is months away from. Meanwhile, there will still be other methods to get it that are more broadly achievable, like spotlight missions.

So it won't be that something a couple of alliances have a lot of is suddenly unavailable to everyone else. It'll be that the means of getting loads of it that was exclusively available to the very top alliances is suddenly gone.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Sabugen wrote: »

That's a bit extravagant. Right now, only a couple of alliances are getting much if any t3a. But they're getting quite a bit. This stops them getting something that everyone else is months away from. Meanwhile, there will still be other methods to get it that are more broadly achievable, like spotlight missions.

So it won't be that something a couple of alliances have a lot of is suddenly unavailable to everyone else. It'll be that the means of getting loads of it that was exclusively available to the very top alliances is suddenly gone.

T2Alpha is not available in spotlight missions. Only means was AM which Alpha/Force/OVH have gotten loads of, and will now be almost unattainable. So yeah, the gap that has been created will be sustained until it becomes more available. I only got 1 T2Alpha myself, some others have, or are close to, their second. Without completing RoK. But the time for new top players to get a spark will be 10 weeks at the new rate, so that's how far behind they'll be and no way to catch up.

I agree that being able to get a full spark every AM if you get top milestone was wayyy too much, especially since so much T3B is required to actually use it, and that was much harder to get. Makes no sense. This change seems a bit much in the other direction. Hopefully they'll find a good middle ground sometime soon. Before patch goes live is probably too much to ask.

• Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    Well that's a good one except few things.that balance is really pretty much good.
    Those guys who dont understand yet that game is only 3 and half month old for those player who are not part of beta testing and in that time many beta Player and high spenders have r4 4* which is currently impossible for f2p Player even though they started from may.those players get the r4 4* earlier then expected which definitely be a unbalanced type thing cause the high power you have you can run Hhigher alliance mission.currently 70-80% Player dont have r4 4* and 20% have them which is definitely there choice to spend but still they getting them more soon then kabam thought definitely a mistake of them.so they are just balancing the thing by limiting them even though spenders can spend for them.so limiting them is the good decision.
    The things which did not satisfied
    Yeah that's good rewards have reduced but still they are like a candy. Low essense like a punishment for player running higher am.
    And in middle tier 50 essense is just like a candy.so atleast if the amount of them increase or double that could be pretty much better.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    T3b at best were being earned 2500 per am so no one as getting "loads" but yes this change allows more access and at each alliances pace to get them. And guess what top allies will still be getting significantly more t3b than lower still because they will Be running higher difficulty. As well top alliances at most had accumulated 1.5 t2 prolly from am combined so no one had loads of those, had these changes not hit then yes they would have outpaced the t3 by far.

But now t2a is on pace with t3. Essentially 1t2a will be earned for every 3 t3. Which is what it takes to take 4* from r2 to r4
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    T3b at best were being earned 2500 per am so no one as getting "loads" but yes this change allows more access and at each alliances pace to get them. And guess what top allies will still be getting significantly more t3b than lower still because they will Be running higher difficulty. As well top alliances at most had accumulated 1.5 t2 prolly from am combined so no one had loads of those, had these changes not hit then yes they would have outpaced the t3 by far.

But now t2a is on pace with t3. Essentially 1t2a will be earned for every 3 t3. Which is what it takes to take 4* from r2 to r4

Stahp making sense.
    Miike- any word as to what kabam is going to do for us? That cost me nearly 2000 energon, others more. 1 BG may not finish.