Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What's gonna happen to FTF in 2020?

Comments

• Well that’s true
  • I hate using something that sounds like you'd read it in a fortune cookie, BUT-- If you keep trying to compare everything to something else than the experience is always going to be thwarted. I totally understand looking back at the year prior and going "Oh, well, xyz" but the truth of the matter is that we aren't in that year and things have since changed. The path we've laid is the one going forward and though we can't talk about 2020 just yet, we really do hope you like the direction even if it doesn't include new shiny bots.
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    edited December 2019
    At least can we know the reason why we are not getting new bots ?
  • 2019 was a terrible year for FTF, the good thing was Thundercracker, Nemesis Prime, the 2nd anniversary, and fog of war(both August and November). Hoping 2020 will be better with new bots every month again
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    1121893 wrote: »
    At least can we know the reason why we are not getting new bots ?

Vydious stars in Discord that they stopped making new bots so they could focus on content like making good spotlight missions and more. However, it was about half a year of reforged missions with no changes even to the dialog and even longer for act 4.

They did release fog of way, but that’s just throwing random bots in a grid. Not even some nice foggy type of map with paths. Just a straight up grid. Not complaining about the rewards though.

So anyway...

My prediction for TFTF in 2020 is that a lot of (probably top) players will leave. I mean, we’ve already pretty much lost iNightSkies (though he went to MCOC so Kabam couldn’t care less, they still win) and he’s the top YouTuber of this game.

Yeah, there’s still hope that maybe something new and exciting will be released. Maybe something to get more team collaboration in the alliance besides just AM. But somehow, that feels like a Lloyd “so you’re saying there’s a chance” moment (it’s a Dumb and Dumber deference for those who don’t know).

8.3 did introduce the showcase, but does that really count? You can’t pick the bot you’re fighting with or the bot you fight against. And you’re pitted against bots half your PI. Rhinox just cleared it on auto fight (don’t need to try out Rhinox so just auto’ed it).

Well anyway, I’ll be like Lloyd for a little while longer.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    2019 sucked but we really can't blame Kabam, the few people who still work on this game do all that they can but there's not much that can happen. I don't see new bots happening in 2020..
  • Kitten wrote: »
    2019 sucked but we really can't blame Kabam, the few people who still work on this game do all that they can but there's not much that can happen. I don't see new bots happening in 2020..

I understand that but really not even 1 new bot? I seen so many people I always knew quit the game
  • • So I posted this to the discord and I'm going to put it here too:

In the last year of TFTF there have been many changes internally to our team. Not bad ones, but good ones! In the midst of this we started changing direction of where things had been going. This included the inclusion of new bots on a near monthly basis. The creation of bots took up a core amount of time to do and a lot of our team resources which halted a lot of our ability to make new content. This includes the continuation of Act 4, Spotlights, and mini-missions that tend to pop up. Now, I know we were putting out Spotlights with these new bots but they weren't that quality of content we were looking for. We didn't want Spotlights being that end all content. So we switched gears. The amount of time/resources being given to these new bots were switched to other avenues to lengthen basically the life of the game. I will admit our team on TF is not as vast as MCOC, but we prefer it that way. Keep in mind too everything we do goes through Hasbro and this direction we're taking is endorsed by them alongside our own endorsement.

This is all one big TLDR to say: Things are different, we understand there's frustration with that, but please know that everything we're doing is because we love this game and we love y'all. We may not hit every cup of tea you want, but we're doing our best with other things. Bot balancing, spotlights, new features, changing features, etc...

We understand Vydious. Most of us here are still pleased. At this point I'll even take Re-skined Bots as New Bots. Thundercracker and Nemesis Prime are one of the Strongest Bots in the Game, definitely A tier I want 4* or 5* versions of them so bad! We're happy keep it up.

P.S. Re-skin Starscream and give us Skywarp with Acid Abilities
  • • So I posted this to the discord and I'm going to put it here too:

In the last year of TFTF there have been many changes internally to our team. Not bad ones, but good ones! In the midst of this we started changing direction of where things had been going. This included the inclusion of new bots on a near monthly basis. The creation of bots took up a core amount of time to do and a lot of our team resources which halted a lot of our ability to make new content. This includes the continuation of Act 4, Spotlights, and mini-missions that tend to pop up. Now, I know we were putting out Spotlights with these new bots but they weren't that quality of content we were looking for. We didn't want Spotlights being that end all content. So we switched gears. The amount of time/resources being given to these new bots were switched to other avenues to lengthen basically the life of the game. I will admit our team on TF is not as vast as MCOC, but we prefer it that way. Keep in mind too everything we do goes through Hasbro and this direction we're taking is endorsed by them alongside our own endorsement.

This is all one big TLDR to say: Things are different, we understand there's frustration with that, but please know that everything we're doing is because we love this game and we love y'all. We may not hit every cup of tea you want, but we're doing our best with other things. Bot balancing, spotlights, new features, changing features, etc...

Could we see new bots in the future?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    No one will stay unless we get new bots. This is the core of the franchise. Theres not just 40 something bots. Theres thousands. We want more
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Never say never.

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Never say never.

Ignoring reskins, never.
  • Stop with new bot chants.. !!! they have stated it a million times and we should appreciate @Kabam Vydious for his statement. It has certainly given us a hope. Here is the good part- their collaboration with hasbro is still on so that is a good news. They are working on a path to increase the life of the game which is another great thing. Atleast this is what I understand from what he stated.

Vydious thank you for the statement. More than everything I believe we players want transparency and better communication regarding what's happening with the game. That is what you have done today. Much appreciated!

PS I don't care about the new bots anymore but I certainly want new modes in the game or regular special missions and much more that can be a fresh content compared to what we have now. But I'm ready to wait 😁
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    FYI, that Vydious is a her not him.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    FYI, that Vydious is a her not him.

The more you know...
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    There's someone out there who thinks each of the comments on this post are "Spam"... Bruh get a life 🤣

⛳⛳⛳⛳
  • Buttehrs wrote: »
    No one will stay unless we get new bots. This is the core of the franchise. Theres not just 40 something bots. Theres thousands. We want more

This isn't exactly a true statement. You can feel this way and that is fine, same with others. But there are other people who appreciate what is happening within the game. I'm sorry you feel this way, but what I said isn't going to change. If it does, you will all be the first to know.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Buttehrs wrote: »

This isn't exactly a true statement. You can feel this way and that is fine, same with others. But there are other people who appreciate what is happening within the game. I'm sorry you feel this way, but what I said isn't going to change. If it does, you will all be the first to know.

We appreciate the candid response. It really answers alot of questions many players have had for months.
    I guess the next question would be is there a possibility of switching gears in the future?
    Like the team is smaller, so make new content for a couple of months and toss in a bot every quarter or so?
    I feel that way the smaller staff would still be adequate and it would also make core veteran players happy.
    We don't necessarily need a new bot every single month...and we don't need new content every single month, but switching gears always helps the engine run more efficiently...excusing the motorhead terms.
    Anyway, thanks for the response.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Predictions for 2020:
    1. Veterans threatening to quit
    2. Noobs complaining, just coz
    3. Community whining despite new content
    4. Bugs galore, more whining
    5. Tronus is mini-boss, final boss, janitor
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Predictions for 2020:

so repeat of 2019? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Voltron wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Predictions for 2020:

so repeat of 2019? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With added LAG, BUGS and forum toxicity, oh my!
    I kid
    I REALLY wanna see this game do well, but shall withhold my weekly $10 energon+chip purchase till they sort out BotM monthly crystal bug as well as Android hitch/lag.
    (Me dangling a 🥕)
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    It feels like the TFTF team is the tiny ultimate frisbee team and the other team is the highly funded football team....
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    • So I posted this to the discord and I'm going to put it here too:

This is exactly what everyone needed to read when things took a nose dive... The community would have been much more sympathetic and understanding and our expectations could have been properly aligned to your teams capability I think.

• serdood wrote: »
    It feels like the TFTF team is the tiny ultimate frisbee team and the other team is the highly funded football team....

Ultimate Frisbee can be cool. D:

Anyways, to answer the following:

I guess the next question would be is there a possibility of switching gears in the future?
    Gears can switch, but the bot situation will not change. I'm sorry for the disappointment surrounding that, but we really are putting our focus elsewhere.

Like the team is smaller, so make new content for a couple of months and toss in a bot every quarter or so?
    This would be grand to do, but it just isn't something we're looking at as I mentioned prior.

I understand the concerns and worries, but there's not much I can ask of y'all beyond waiting and seeing what's to come.
  • DaveJL wrote: »

This is exactly what everyone needed to read when things took a nose dive... The community would have been much more sympathetic and understanding and our expectations could have been properly aligned to your teams capability I think.

I agree, but at the time I wasn't able to relay all of that. I had to be sure of a few things and kind of wait before being able to word it all. It's frustrating, trust me I know, but I'm glad I could sit down and just outwardly say "here's the gist".
  • DaveJL wrote: »

I agree, but at the time I wasn't able to relay all of that. I had to be sure of a few things and kind of wait before being able to word it all. It's frustrating, trust me I know, but I'm glad I could sit down and just outwardly say "here's the gist".

It’s much appreciated. The clarity was needed. Many of us (myself included) are adults and can comprehend the situation if we’re given blunt truth. Knowing it’s just not something being focussed on right now is a hell of a lot better than reading the endless questions about why there aren’t new bots. I’m guilty of that, but that said, the bot suggestion thread had some not-too-OP bot ideas that could be implemented. Plus the hinting at bw megs has got my attention. Even if it’s just dialogue, the recognition other bots are out there is interesting. I want to see how the story progresses past the shattered glass theme.

I’ll kinda miss the good decepticons when they go. Hopefully they pop in again.
  • @Kabam Vydious release megatronous as the next featured bot and you will find peace in the forums 😂😂😂😂
  • Does no new bots also include any possibility of future reskins? I'm thinking G1 Ironhide (Ratchet) or Seekers could make for some good potential spotlight missions... this may have already been addressed and I'm sorry if I'm just beating a dead horse. :neutral:
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    @Kabam Vydious release megatronous as the next featured bot and you will find peace in the forums 😂😂😂😂

Nope.avi
This discussion has been closed.