Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hot Rod's Abilities

2»

Comments

• FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    We are talking about Hot Rod here!!!!
    Not other bots!
  • 👍
    okay so any new views!!!!?
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    @Firebot not a HUGE fan of Monsieur HotRod, but boy is he effective against Jazz, G1 Bee and Windblade.
    Kickback, too, but you've to beware KB's skillset.
    Almost like he was built to counter their evades!
    His deceleration is amazing. But....
    he's pointedly NOT amazing against not only every single brawler, but he's also easy meat for Bonecrusher, Drift, Arcee, Rhinox at higher levels.
    Useless base defender.
    Check out iNightSkies use of him versus Tronus. Top notch

So if your playstyle is dance-range-heavy-repeat-repeat-SP2, he's rather good
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70
    I have been toying with making him my goto warrior 5* since it seems I wont be getting a bludgeon anytime soon (Maxed out 4* not withstanding), the RNG gods have not been too kind to me there. He does seem quite special.
    Thanks @BlackRazak I do watch iNightSkies but didn't see that video so i will!
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Firebot wrote: »
    yes, they are not @Gunz0 (thanks @BDunked2 )

They actually are. While Hot Rod has Deceleration which is Evade chance reduction and Power rate reduction rolled into one, Crit Rate, Stun and Acceleration (Evade and Power Rate increase rolled into one), Prime only has armor break, armor, attack buff and bleed and Grimlock only has melee buffs, burn and DOT purification.

It’s 6 different abilities vs 4 vs 3. Not to mention that those 2 bots I’ve mentioned do not have any “Unique Abilities”, unlike Hot Rod’s 2 strange new buffs/debuffs. Prime and Grimlock could only use already existing abilities.

I’d say that quantity is much more important than quality, which explains why bots such as Demo Megatron (7 abilities: Unstoppable, Crit Damage, Ranged Damage, Attack Increase, Passive Armor, Healing and Stun) are incredibly useful.

Next time we get a major endurance-tank boss like UM or Grindor with crazy HP (and no purify) try OP's sig for a test-drive. It does srsly crazy bleed.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Firebot wrote: »
    yes, they are not @Gunz0 (thanks @BDunked2 )

They actually are. While Hot Rod has Deceleration which is Evade chance reduction and Power rate reduction rolled into one, Crit Rate, Stun and Acceleration (Evade and Power Rate increase rolled into one), Prime only has armor break, armor, attack buff and bleed and Grimlock only has melee buffs, burn and DOT purification.

It’s 6 different abilities vs 4 vs 3. Not to mention that those 2 bots I’ve mentioned do not have any “Unique Abilities”, unlike Hot Rod’s 2 strange new buffs/debuffs. Prime and Grimlock could only use already existing abilities.

I’d say that quantity is much more important than quality, which explains why bots such as Demo Megatron (7 abilities: Unstoppable, Crit Damage, Ranged Damage, Attack Increase, Passive Armor, Healing and Stun) are incredibly useful.

Next time we get a major endurance-tank boss like UM or Grindor with crazy HP (and no purify) try OP's sig for a test-drive. It does srsly crazy bleed.

Yeah, I’m sure OGP’s bleeds on Grindor will go off the roof with all those Crit Rate debuffs he’s received.
    Guys I just found out that hot rod counters jetfire's damage control and makes it go offline if we hit jetfire with medium/deceleration at that precise moment!
    I've also found out that deceleration counters wheeljacks 'constructing upgrade'
    Maybe I was wrong an out hot rod's abilities but still is there more room for improvement?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I feel it wouldn't take much to make Hot Rod OP. He's a good boy now if you know how to play him. When leveled he hits SO hard
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I think all he needs is a higher chance to land decelerate and they should boost his crit rate buff chance while the opponent is under decelerate. My r5 is currently at 15.3% per crit hit rate stack, which seems kinda like a low payoff when you consider what conditions you have to meet to get it. A 5% bump to around 20% would be nice.

Yeah I know even mine is r5 fully maxed and sig 42 and he is pretty good
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited January 2020
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I think all he needs is a higher chance to land decelerate and they should boost his crit rate buff chance while the opponent is under decelerate. My r5 is currently at 15.3% per crit hit rate stack, which seems kinda like a low payoff when you consider what conditions you have to meet to get it. A 5% bump to around 20% would be nice.

As I've stated here in the past, Deceleration definitely needs some kind of boost. Whether it's a longer duration and/or significantly higher chance to apply (if not 100%) and/or the ability for it to stack from basic ranged, especially if they don't extend the duration.

Some very evasive scouts can be very aggressive with their dashes yet it isn't uncommon for me to have land 3 or 4 hits to get a 3.2 second Deceleration to stick leaving you very susceptible to a dash and evade, and probably hits. No point in making Hot Rod an anti-evade bot then.

I think Blaster at R5 gets a 75% chance at Interference and it lasts 10 seconds, 3.2 seconds seems very measly in comparison. Also, with his SP2, Blaster inflicts Interference for 20 seconds while Hot Rod gets only 9 seconds of Decelearation from his SP2. Blaster at least gets guaranteed shocks from his heavy, Hot Rod deals no DOT debuffs, his Deceleration is his bread and butter yet it can be pretty challenging at times to actually Decelerate the opponent and hit a Decelerated opponent.

Also, has anyone actually noticed a noticeable difference in the opponent's power rate under Deceleration. I don't use Hot Rod a lot but I'm not sure I've noticed any noticeable reduction.

Similar thing with Stuns from his heavy, I practically never see any.