Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots who need a nerfin'

Scorponok's heal and backfire CONTROLS every fight he's in. Even Relic of Obedience can't stop it. Even with just one venom charge, no matter how strong your bot is, your basic and heavy attacks will only deal 1% damage, because the rest is healed in an instant. Cyclonus nullifies any buff with his dark pulse, including Feral Strike. Mixmaster and Ramjet have little chance against him. And I'm sure there's been discussion already about a power reduction on Tronus. At least make Obedience ineffective against Tech bots.

Comments

• Additionally, Scorp's venom charges CANNOT be nullified or removed in any way.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2019
    Where did you get the 1% damage figure from? Did you read his abilities because he heals way less than 99%?

I do agree with your take on Cyclonus. That bot is a pain.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    TC can nullify backfire.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Also, all sorts of bots can deal with the shock if you do get hit with 3+ stacks. Easier way is don't get hit with a heavy.
  • Scorponok is truly one of the strongest bots in the game. I’m lucky to have him as an awakened 5-star. I may seem biased, but he does not need nerfing. He is one of the very few bots you need to always be on the lookout when facing as an opponent. Learn that, and he can be dealt with. God help the person who does not know how to play against Scorponok. An outlandish nightmare for them.
  • Grimlock eats scorpions for breakfast
  • LMAO! You kidding right? The only proper brawlers equipped to counter Scorponok are MV Prime and Tantrum. Backfires, Shock Damage(on 3 or more venom charges) of Scorponok affect Grimlock just like any normal bot. Scorponok can get the job done there itself. Grimlock is overrated. Does not output as much damage as Prime or Tantrum. Can see the clear winners when pit against Scorpy.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    You do think any bot is in need of nerfing at this stage of the game?
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    i'll have to concur with scorp being too op, i got tagged with a 3 stack venom today and that was enough to kill me in AM

btw, how do you dodge his heavy when you're up against the wall? backstep or sidestep? or just face it like a man?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited December 2019
    Using a power controller bot is a good way to deal with Scorpi as well as Cyclo. Neither of them need nerfs.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    MystaJay wrote: »
    i'll have to concur with scorp being too op, i got tagged with a 3 stack venom today and that was enough to kill me in AM

btw, how do you dodge his heavy when you're up against the wall? backstep or sidestep? or just face it like a man?

Well-timed sidestep. IT'S easier than dodging Soundwave's but still hard.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited December 2019

This probably sounds a little reckless but lately I’ve been trying out some new wall maneuvers. Obviously you try to avoid being there altogether but when it’s gets dicey and the game is moving quickly, I now just launch my SP. When it works, you feel like you just gave the game AI a dose of their own medicine. It’s fun too. A good example is when your back foot gets “stuck” on a wall edge as you back step. When that happens I hit the SP and the AI almost always walks into it cuz they know your foot got stuck.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited December 2019
    Only bot that is need nerf is Tronus. Just remove the Relic of Obedience ability and that's all.
    Scorponok is not that hard too, just don't go for basic attacks.. basic attack is just for collecting power for specials. With DoT ranged heavies and specials.. he is not that bad :) Cyclonus is similar to him, just need a ranged heavy bot to keep the distance, and do bleed/burn/nullify/shock or need a power control bot like Shockwave, Mirage, Soundwave or Rhinox or Kickback to keep his power bar under the limit
  • Only bot that is need nerf is Tronus. Just remove the Relic of Obedience ability and that's all.
    Scorponok is not that hard too, just don't go for basic attacks.. basic attack is just for collecting power for specials. With DoT ranged heavies and specials.. he is not that bad :) Cyclonus is similar to him, just need a ranged heavy bot to keep the distance, and do bleed/burn/nullify/shock or need a power control bot like Shockwave, Mirage, Soundwave or Rhinox or Kickback to keep his power bar under the limit

No. That ability of tronus is pretty useful at a relatively high sig. Not allowing the opponent to get any buffs for that amount of time is great. No, megatronus shouldn't be nerfed. He's fine.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2019
    Someone got their tail pipe kicked by a scorp on tech console... I guess?
    Seriously tho even at max sig scorp only heals 65% of the damage, that's okayish cus your SP damage is still counts fully.

Also @Vinod_7991 please try a duped grimlock against scorp when you have 3 backfires on him

Mv1 isn't the best counter to scorp just cus he's got class advantage doesnt make him a better choice 😛
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    edited December 2019
    Scorponok's heal and backfire CONTROLS every fight he's in. Even Relic of Obedience can't stop it. Even with just one venom charge, no matter how strong your bot is, your basic and heavy attacks will only deal 1% damage, because the rest is healed in an instant. Cyclonus nullifies any buff with his dark pulse, including Feral Strike. Mixmaster and Ramjet have little chance against him. And I'm sure there's been discussion already about a power reduction on Tronus. At least make Obedience ineffective against Tech bots.

Cheetor owns scorponok even with disadvantage. Easypeasy
    No healing for scorpie during the fight when you spam sp1. Even scorponok on tech module is a quick fight for cheetor
  • .... is there any bot who legitimately needs to be nerfed or is it all depending on your skill with them? Seems like every tough to beat bot has a counter.
  • Ironhides Special 3 xD
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited December 2019

Well-timed sidestep. IT'S easier than dodging Soundwave's but still hard.

on the first or second range? I assume the second?

The thing I dislike about fighting a "gamemode" Scorp is that it's built to be so tanky and those venom charges are going to build up...then as you near the end of the fight...you make a bad move or get a lag, bam, 10 stacks of charges on you.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Dont get hit. While everyone does, if you don't you win and it doesnt matter who the other bot is. 😂
  • Nobody needs a nerf...no use nerfing bots if there's nothing left that the bots will be used for am I right?
  • Nerf Hound.
    Too Op.
  • Slayer wrote: »
    Seriously tho even at max sig scorp only heals 65% of the damage, that's okayish cus your SP damage is still counts fully.

Also @Vinod_7991 please try a duped grimlock against scorp when you have 3 backfires on him

Mv1 isn't the best counter to scorp just cus he's got class advantage doesnt make him a better choice 😛

Scorponok with his Regenerative Toxin need to be finished fast. Grimlock’s damage output is way less than that of MV Prime’s and Tantrum’s. If you keep hitting weak melees onto Scorpy, he keeps getting his health back. What a dragging game that would be. Also, a player who knows how to dodge Scorpy doesn’t need to worry about his abilities in the first place..
  • Vinod_7991 wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »

Scorponok with his Regenerative Toxin need to be finished fast. Grimlock’s damage output is way less than that of MV Prime’s and Tantrum’s. If you keep hitting weak melees onto Scorpy, he keeps getting his health back. What a dragging game that would be. Also, a player who knows how to dodge Scorpy doesn’t need to worry about his abilities in the first place..

I beat the starting scorp on tebal raptor 6 with just a 4K duped Grimlock...trust me, Grim Is a great option...Build power, SP3, repeat
  • Grimlock with 5-6 melee buffs stacked up gets nasty as fr as damage is concerned... if you have a backfire on Grimlock, just rechrge the melee buffs until the backfire wears off, scorp seems to be able to hit you at the same time he is getting up from being knocked down, then again i have seen a lot of bots evade ranged attacks without moving
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    i99pbq4cwcfm.jpg
    "I care not if this is the wrong thread, but mighty Megatron needs a buff, you disgusting flesh creatures"

PS - Give him his jet form. If you won't add new bots, maybe give the old ones new attacks/abilities/rebalances, ala Street Fighter 2 Turbo.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Mv Megatron
    Hound

Are my boys to be buffed and the only one's IMO (with the exception of Dinobot's special 3)
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    For scorp: Damage over time... he can’t heal if you don’t hit him a lot, e.g. Grimlock sp1 + heavy
    Or scorp vs scorp. It’s easy enough to avoid getting hit with his heavy!
    Cyclonus, spam those ranged heavies!