Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

the BOTM for Jan 2020

2»

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Was there suppose to be one bot rework every month?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    JKL wrote: »

Ratchet and Starscream were already reworked and Jazz doesn't need to be. I don't think it was set in stone that they would do one per month.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »

Ratchet and Starscream were already reworked and Jazz doesn't need to be. I don't think it was set in stone that they would do one per month.

Still few people use Starscream. He really need some nullify on his S1 to be relevant.
    edited January 2020
    I don't know maybe, I'd be happy if they raised his attack somewhat. I like the changes they made to him but his attack is still somewhat pillow-fisted. My 5* R2 Scream's attack is at 816, Magnus by comparison is at 927 (no forge in either case). Even health-wise Magnus has over 1000 more health.

I'd love to use Starscream more but with Kabam's T4B stinginess I won't be able to rank him up anytime soon and I can't justify using a R2 Scream in much content beyond Expert Spotlight or maybe the easier paths in Ch 1 of Master.
  • SmokescreenbotSmokescreenbot Posts: 331
    edited January 2020
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    There are 6 bots left that have yet to be in the store, whats to say they arent going to stretch it out and only give us 2 per month

Megatronus,Thundercracker,G1 bee,Nemesis prime, and who else?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited January 2020
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    There are 6 bots left that have yet to be in the store, whats to say they arent going to stretch it out and only give us 2 per month

Megatronus,Thundercracker,G1 bee,Nemesis prime, and who else?

5 “Regular” bots have not appeared as a monthly feature for bot chips:
    Grimlock
    Galvatron
    Soundwave
    Wheeljack
    Drift

Then there are the 5 “special” ones who are or were exclusive in some way or simply being held out:
    Thundercracker
    Nemesis Prime
    Megatronus
    G- Bee
    Tact bee

NOTE THAT THE LIST ABOVE IS FOR 5* BOTS ONLY
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I still have only 1 5* demo bot... Megatron.
    Ive got 28 5*s and all but 7 are duped...some several times.
    I really want Galvatron and Tronus.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited January 2020
    any chance we can get an explanation on why we got repeat bots instead of just finishing out the BOTM before restarting over?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Voltron wrote: »
    any chance we can get an explanation on why we got repeat bots instead of just finishing out the BOTM before restarting over?

Holiday break
  • @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Vydious does this mean that we will now get to see a reshuffle of the existing bots as the monthly featured ones? I'm asking this because most of us predicted that the ones left out (non exclusives) will be the next three featured.

Also an indication of how kabam plans to feature the exclusive ones, would be appreciated.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    glo744yifnpo.png
    It's Jazz Starscream and Ratchet
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Vydious does this mean that we will now get to see a reshuffle of the existing bots as the monthly featured ones? I'm asking this because most of us predicted that the ones left out (non exclusives) will be the next three featured.

Also an indication of how kabam plans to feature the exclusive ones, would be appreciated.

At this point, I doubt they'll even acknowledge it. Sure, this BOTM process was never set in stone and it's their game so they have every right to do what they want..but there is a thing called etiquette. The BOTM been running under a particular premise for a almost year now and many people had catered to it.. to change things up without any explanation (regardless if we like it or not) is just rude because you just wasted a years worth of waiting for the players. It's a bit ironic how they created a discord for better interaction but they decide when this communication should apply.
  • At the moment we don't have plans to change the exclusivity of some of these bots for that of BOTM. Things are moving as we have intended them to and I apologize that it feels there wasn't a clear process to this.

The Discord was created as another way to bring our community together. Providing information such as this and other pieces remains the same as it has.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    At the moment we don't have plans to change the exclusivity of some of these bots for that of BOTM. Things are moving as we have intended them to and I apologize that it feels there wasn't a clear process to this.

The Discord was created as another way to bring our community together. Providing information such as this and other pieces remains the same as it has.

It will help to better define exclusivity a bit. Do the designations below seem accurate and aligned to the game team’s view of bots that fall under exclusive release? Not asking you to commit to releasing any specific bot below just curious where they fall. @Kabam Vydious

Bots yet to be released as BOTM but appear in the basic shard pool:
    - Drfit
    - Grimlock
    - Galvatron
    - Soundwave

Bots considered exclusive:
    - Thundercracker
    - Nemesis Prime
    - Generations Bee
    - Dark of the Moon Bee
    - Megatronus
    - Wheeljack

JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    At the moment we don't have plans to change the exclusivity of some of these bots for that of BOTM. Things are moving as we have intended them to and I apologize that it feels there wasn't a clear process to this.

It will help to better define exclusivity a bit. Do the designations below seem accurate and aligned to the game team’s view of bots that fall under exclusive release? Not asking you to commit to releasing any specific bot below just curious where they fall. @Kabam Vydious

Bots yet to be released as BOTM but appear in the basic shard pool:
    - Drfit
    - Grimlock
    - Galvatron
    - Soundwave

Bots considered exclusive:
    - Thundercracker
    - Nemesis Prime
    - Generations Bee
    - Dark of the Moon Bee
    - Megatronus
    - Wheeljack

adding to Jimmysab's post...

We are under the assumption that Drift, Grimlock, Galvatron, Soundwave (I would even consider WJ) are not exclusive.. if they're not exclusive, why were they not released prior to re-releasing Jazz and Ratchet?

It was our understanding that the BOTM will cycle through all the bots (at least non-exclusive) and there was a Mod posts stating that the bots will recycle once the cycle is completed..that made us further believe this understanding. This month took an entirely different path from that understanding, and you are saying things are moving as they process intended??

• I'm double checking on the first four mentioned. My mistake in that, I somehow missed that/slipped my mind in my initial response. Give me a few to talk to who I need to about that.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I'm double checking on the first four mentioned. My mistake in that, I somehow missed that/slipped my mind in my initial response. Give me a few to talk to who I need to about that.

I’m surprised you haven’t been pushing the team to make one of them Grimlock.
    Why does Megatronus keep getting lumped in as exclusive when he was regularly available? Because some people think he's the best bot in the game that doesn't mean he's exclusive.

Are there any plans to release him any time soon? I get that Kabam wants to dangle him as a carrot but it's getting to the point where it is exploitative. You don't want to release new bots okay, at least release the bots people are waiting for so they can find some fun in this game. With all due respect, and I can even acknowledge that there was some absolute Grimlock gold in this month's story, this is is a game not a comic book. People come here first and foremost to fight with bots not to read stories.

Thanks.
  • Okay, so I was able to confirm for the initial four that they'll be coming this year in the rotations. They're in the rotation, just not immediately so.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Why does Megatronus keep getting lumped in as exclusive when he was regularly available? Because some people think he's the best bot in the game that doesn't mean he's exclusive.

Are there any plans to release him any time soon? I get that Kabam wants to dangle him as a carrot but it's getting to the point where it is exploitative. You don't want to release new bots okay, at least release the bots people are waiting for so they can find some fun in this game. With all due respect, and I can even acknowledge that there was some absolute Grimlock gold in this month's story, this is is a game not a comic book. People come here first and foremost to fight with bots not to read stories.

Thanks.

Well said. I feel the point of a game IS to get new pieces, not read stories that never seem to come to fruition.
    I mean ...did they ever disclose what Titan Megatronus found and awakened? We all guessed it meant a new game mode...maybe combiners, but nothing ever came of it.
  • Megatronus is a mighty bot and is considered exclusive. We really do understand your frustration with the situation and are listening constantly to the feedback about the situation, but the stance on that one bot is that he is going to be looped in with the others.
    edited January 2020
    Okay, so I was able to confirm for the initial four that they'll be coming this year in the rotations. They're in the rotation, just not immediately so.

Our question is not wither they are in the rotation. We know they are in the rotation. The question is why Jazz and Ratchet (both have been BOTM in 2019) the BOTM for Jan 2020, when those "initial four" have not, and are not exclusive?

From not being able to get a clear answer from the team.. it's the most obvious answer why the remaining bots were not release and replaced by bots that have been BOTM.. to prevent us from predicting the next BOTM so we have to grind game modes out of FOMO.

edit: personally I don't really care if you change this BOTM process. I get it and it's not like I really need these last four bots in store...but when things are done/expected a certain way and someone changes things, you should be up front about it from that moment of change. we shouldn't have to nag about it to get some answers. sure, you can say you don't have to release any info and that's true, but I feel there's sense of etiquette that should be adhered..game or not.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I believe someone remarked that they are probably trying to align the remaining basic bots with the April game anniversary.
  • Voltron wrote: »

Our question is not wither they are in the rotation. We know they are in the rotation. The question is why Jazz and Ratchet (both have been BOTM in 2019) the BOTM for Jan 2020, when those "initial four" have not, and are not exclusive?

From not being able to get a clear answer from the team.. it's the most obvious answer why the remaining bots were not release and replaced by bots that have been BOTM.. to prevent us from predicting the next BOTM so we have to grind game modes out of FOMO.

edit: personally I don't really care if you change this BOTM process. I get it and it's not like I really need these last four bots in store...but when things are done/expected a certain way and someone changes things, you should be up front about it from that moment of change. we shouldn't have to nag about it to get some answers. sure, you can say you don't have to release any info and that's true, but I feel there's sense of etiquette that should be adhered..game or not.

That middle part is speculation and assumption. It's a theory that isn't true. Because we do things a different way than expected doesn't mean we're doing it to deter from what you're saying. We never gave an expected course for how this was going to go. We state that bots would be in a rotation for y'all to have a chance at. There wasn't a change. Things were just done as such because that's the course we paved for it. I apologize if it felt confusing or misleading, but that isn't the case here. The bots are coming.

We're closing this discussion because it's starting to go into a circle and the initial conversation piece of this particular discussion was answered.
This discussion has been closed.