Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam, it's time for this discussion, Again.

OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Ladies and Gentlemen, the state of this game! Kabam has quaked her in heavy weather, and it seems clear that this storm may not end soon. Ever since the 'No new bots' announcement, there has been an ever so slight decline of this game, and the decline has increased rapidly in the last few months. Players are quitting due to no 'new content', the game losing revenue, communication between us and the mods seems to worsen are some problems this wonderful game is facing. Transformers Forged To Fight is phenomenal, for it is the Best Transformers mobile game, no doubt. It started off well, until the tragic day of no new bots. However, all the new stuff, such as the hallowed crystals, Np and Tc, and fog and chrono vectors are great and appreciated. We had some good stuff in 2019, but it was the worst year of this game anyways because of no bots being added.

This game had and still has a lot of potential(It can even outshine Mcoc because the gameplay is significantly superior), and can make a turn around if the team listens to us. For Kabam depends on us on the game just as much as we depend on them. I ask you kabam, why? We did well when new bots were a thing, and new content sometimes happening was okay. But why did you make the decision of no new bots? I know you've said this hundreds of times, but i, and others, think those reasons are not very good. New bots and spotlights would not have been the only content for this game, that i know, because we have had some good stuff in 2017 and 2018.

Kabam, please listen and consider. I know this may be the umpteenth thread that you will probably close down without a sufficient answer, but this question has been looming over us for a long time, and it must be discussed again. Look at the suggestions in BlackRazak's change thread. Most of them could definitely make the game a whole lot better, so why not implement a few of them in? It wouldn't harm anyone. Or, at least talk to us. The communication for topics like these is not great.

Even if this thread does get closed by a kabam member, we only ask that you people at kabam listen. If we both talk like civilized people, we can improve ourselves and the state of the game, which is slowly being withered away because of the problems that can be easily solved by noting, and perhaps even taking action of our feedback.

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I agree with everything said here. I've pm'd mods with this and had no answer.
    Kabam literally has people ready to spend money to keep this game afloat. We tell you how to keep us here. We've basically handed you a money printer and told you how to turn it on, yet no one pushes the button.
    I don't want this game to go downhill, but I see no other direction.
    Miike says there is content coming but keeping it a secret will end up the announcement falling on a very small fraction of players due to them leaving.
    Everything decision made in the last year or so has been the opposite of what community has requested.
    We're giving you the answers. This is how to be successful.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    We all know this game has a great potential, but there are a lot of questions marks why TFTF became at this state!!!
    I’ll be fine with a harder challenge such as ROK3 & a new AM map every 6 months at least and I think this is enough to revive the game again.

These are my 2 cents.
  • Just add new bots and content that’s all I want I still love this game though. Also dueling would be nice and 6*s. Plus throw in dungeons. On the TFTF YouTube channel they should have motion comics and kabam having a trip to SDCC,NYCC or other shows which can advertise the game then it’s really good
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Grow up, people. There's no easy solution such as "listen and take note" (if you do think so, refer to my first sentence).
    Just give them a break and enjoy what's left and what may come.
  • I_am_awesomeI_am_awesome Posts: 83
    edited January 2020
    After playing this game for two years, I moved on ....I left my alliance yesterday
  • LoganSPLoganSP Posts: 36
    With all the hackers invading the arena and the mods literally ghosting any serious conversation, I think it's safe to say this game is months away from having the plug pulled. Welp, hopefully they start showing some more transparency... I think the fanbase deserves that much. For as long as it's on, I'll at least enjoy maxing out as many bots as I can. Too bad I didn't get the chance to get Nemesis, thundercracker and 5* tronus, would have loved to see how he plays.
  • Never spent a single penny in this game for multiple reasons
  • I just don’t see where this game will go with no new bots. I mean even recolours count as new bots 😭 RIP
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    I agree. The game has nothing to offer. Top alliances have hit the wall and the devs are no more bothered about them. They are rather focussing on the new players paving the path for them to grow. If no new bots then atleast they can work on some new content. In my opinion occasional events are not new content. New content should be something permanent.

-- Enhanced difficulty for spotlights with increased rewards ( this specially applies to those who have finished rotk and have nothing challenging except AM). The enhanced spotlights difficulty will also motivate growing players to work harder towards strengthening their roster.

-- The next chapter to ROTK should not be even considered since kabam is focussing on the new and growing players thus ROTK still stands a challenge to many.

-- New AM Maps should be introduced. All three AM Maps should be revised now. This will bring a lot more freshness to the game. Also it's time to bump up the AM rewards which will also help the lower alliances to grow.

-- New offers like bundle or solo packages of crystals that awards 3 bots per Crystal and gives a chance to the player to choose one bot out of the three. Something similar to the Nexus crystals that were offered in mcoc recently. Not comparing the game but just for reference.

Apart from the above suggestions I'm sure the players have many other suggestions that can freshen up the game. In short with the existing bots the devs can do much more to take this game up. We don't need new bots we just need new content. NO HATE.

Partially agree
    New bots are necessary pal
    What will you do after Maxing out every character you like ?
    Will you let the resources waste ?
    6*s ? I'll take this
    a game with no new characters does not intriguie players
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Thought I'd chime in.
    Vehemently AGAINST 6* bots.

There is no content that require such statistics, power levels.

Would make D100+, Raids an absolute CAKEWALK.

I'd hate it if everyone could tackle master, harder difficulty events, etc.

6*.
    It'd be like using 5* squads to beat medium/hard level spotlight.

Unless they manage new maps, new killer mods, D200+, etc.
    Also, since they mentioned no new characters, so this could be the only avenue for content growth.

What Kabam could do is have RATING CAPS (say max 15K (4* squad) for master @ legendary skill level. With new, fantastic rewards).
    Yes, some 'pros' have achieved said challenge, so continue lowering the max cap. To shut these gits up.
    Doable with 15K?
    13K.
    Doable with 13K?
    11K squad with locked SP3.
  • 1121893 wrote: »
    I agree. The game has nothing to offer. Top alliances have hit the wall and the devs are no more bothered about them. They are rather focussing on the new players paving the path for them to grow. If no new bots then atleast they can work on some new content. In my opinion occasional events are not new content. New content should be something permanent.

-- Enhanced difficulty for spotlights with increased rewards ( this specially applies to those who have finished rotk and have nothing challenging except AM). The enhanced spotlights difficulty will also motivate growing players to work harder towards strengthening their roster.

-- The next chapter to ROTK should not be even considered since kabam is focussing on the new and growing players thus ROTK still stands a challenge to many.

-- New AM Maps should be introduced. All three AM Maps should be revised now. This will bring a lot more freshness to the game. Also it's time to bump up the AM rewards which will also help the lower alliances to grow.

-- New offers like bundle or solo packages of crystals that awards 3 bots per Crystal and gives a chance to the player to choose one bot out of the three. Something similar to the Nexus crystals that were offered in mcoc recently. Not comparing the game but just for reference.

Apart from the above suggestions I'm sure the players have many other suggestions that can freshen up the game. In short with the existing bots the devs can do much more to take this game up. We don't need new bots we just need new content. NO HATE.

Partially agree
    New bots are necessary pal
    What will you do after Maxing out every character you like ?
    Will you let the resources waste ?
    6*s ? I'll take this
    a game with no new characters does not intriguie players

Probably 6 stars but again it would be long before the majority of the player base max out their favorite bots. Like I said the company is focussing on new and growing players. The population of new and growing players is a lot more than those who are about to or have already hit the wall. That's why I said kabam is not bothered about the top players anymore.

But yes your question is valid enough. Maybe in the next 2 years or so (if the game lasts that long) once most of the players hit the wall, what would be kabam's next move? I guess maybe most of us will not be around to see that. We all have better game options out there.
  • DinoTronsDinoTrons Posts: 48
    edited January 2020
    Gotta say, with all that’s happened and all that’s happening, I still play the game. It’s just unfortunate. Maybe there is something that can be done to improve things. Something to improve gameplay. Something to improve relations between community and kabam. We all should be able to enjoy this game together. There has to be something that can bring joy, excitement, and healing throughout the land....
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Thought I'd chime in.
    Vehemently AGAINST 6* bots.

There is no content that require such statistics, power levels.

Would make D100+, Raids an absolute CAKEWALK.

I'd hate it if everyone could tackle master, harder difficulty events, etc.

6*.
    It'd be like using 5* squads to beat medium/hard level spotlight.

Unless they manage new maps, new killer mods, D200+, etc.
    Also, since they mentioned no new characters, so this could be the only avenue for content growth.

What Kabam could do is have RATING CAPS (say max 15K (4* squad) for master @ legendary skill level. With new, fantastic rewards).
    Yes, some 'pros' have achieved said challenge, so continue lowering the max cap. To shut these gits up.
    Doable with 15K?
    13K.
    Doable with 13K?
    11K squad with locked SP3.

Agreed my friend.
    Also, have you ever gone by the name
    “LordZarak”??
  • All of these great comments show what can be done to rectify this issue kabam. Take notes. Give us good reasons and answers. Yes, you have answered stuff like this before. Yes, this may not be the first thread like this, but some of those 'answers' aren't great, so give us a GOOD explanation for problems (such as why are you not implementing new bots? The game was doing fine until you announced no new bots. I know there are reasons, but it feels like it shouldn't justify taking new bots away. I do acknowledge the time and effort into making new bots and spotlights however. But it wouldn't have been the only content in the game, because with a great team like yours, a lot of good stuff would had happened) and not just some short response Kabam. Please note(and discuss) this, and everyone elses comments and thoughts down. If you can do that, then we could see a large improvement in the future.
    I agree...no 6* bots
    Also, I agree that some exploration other than "it was decided to go in a different direction" because the only direction we've seen is down.
    Even if they told us "they took staff for another game, we're doing what we can" then tell us the plans for the future, I feel so many players would accept that.
    Knowing that the game has a goal will have the player base a goal. For now, there's absolutely no reason to grind Fog or anything for that matter if this is all there will ever be.
    I've never even finished RoK because by the time my skill level was up to par, there was no point.
    Why try?
    Anyway, a little news and a little hope would go a LONG way at this point. There is still a whole lot of love here
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited January 2020
    Gotta have one, 6*s or new bots (yes, I know Kabam already confirmed neither of these is happening in the near future). Still need something to build and work on.
  • JKL wrote: »
    Gotta have one, 6*s or new bots (yes, I know Kabam already confirmed neither of these is happening in the near future). Still need something to build and work on.
    No 6*s ever? That answers my question 🤦‍♂️
  • Not really sure what you all are hoping for here. I get the dedication, but part of the journey is the end.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

They have already answered everything asked here or at least to what they can share. Not much more they can add so while I understand everyone's frustration, there's not much more you can do.

Keep discussing, keep it relatively constructive but don't hope for "hey guys, tomorrow we are dropping new bots, map 4, and AWs". That's just being disllusional and ignoring everything they have said already.

Do state your wishes but don't make demands or think you know exactly how to save they game. It's not as simple as that and there are many factors to consider when you run a business. Much more than just content and development.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    “Expectations always hurt”
    We keep bringing it up because after a while we're hoping the mods have enough to bring to the silent ones that make these decisions and hopefully away their opinions and bring our game back we all love so much.
  • This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
    But you'll never follow me
    The end of laughter and soft lies
    The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end
  • HankMccoy wrote: »
    Not really sure what you all are hoping for here. I get the dedication, but part of the journey is the end.
    JKL wrote: »

They have already answered everything asked here or at least to what they can share. Not much more they can add so while I understand everyone's frustration, there's not much more you can do.

Keep discussing, keep it relatively constructive but don't hope for "hey guys, tomorrow we are dropping new bots, map 4, and AWs". That's just being disllusional and ignoring everything they have said already.

Do state your wishes but don't make demands or think you know exactly how to save they game. It's not as simple as that and there are many factors to consider when you run a business. Much more than just content and development.

We are not hoping for anything beyond the limits of kabam. We are keeping the thread constructive and are giving feedbacks which can be easily done considering kabam is a game developer and this is the least that they can do.
    If there is something that we are expecting then that is for the mods to open up more about the inside information which will help us decide if we want to stick to the game or not. If the current state of the game can be improved then we need to know how and when will the same be implied? Forget new bots and 6 stars.. do they have plans for any more challenges (permanent) like the ones I had suggested in my previous post? Anything different that they are planning to freshen up the game? Because if not then most of us will have the clarity to quit the game and not consider dropping dollars on a dead game.

And I sincerely hope that they don't turn up with a vague reply. The game is running because it has players. So at any time the players have questions then I believe they must be answered clearly until everyone is clear.
    That's it!
  • I remember when DeNa shutdown Transformers Battle Tactics.... I stayed to the bitter end :'(
This discussion has been closed.