Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why so many ads for other video games?

I never hear ads for Target playing at Walmart or ads for Chevys playing at Ford dealers....so why does this game play so many ads for other games?
You'd thing seeing as how this game seems to be hanging on by a thread that we wouldn't be shown ad after ad for it's competition.
Just a thought.

Comments

• DrShotgun wrote: »
    I never hear ads for Target playing at Walmart or ads for Chevys playing at Ford dealers....so why does this game play so many ads for other games?
    You'd thing seeing as how this game seems to be hanging on by a thread that we wouldn't be shown ad after ad for it's competition.
    Just a thought.

I know of 1... can’t say it here because I’ll “get in trouble”. That’s why I won’t mention it but still. I don’t remember seeing any adds for this game.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Personally I can understand advertising for the game that shall not be mentioned because it's made by the same company. It's kind of like choosing which one of your pockets you're going to put your money in. At the end of the day, it's still your money.
    I'm talking about all the "save the fish for save the nerd" game ads that play over and over and over again.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Maybe because a 3rd party was hired to run the ads. That 3rd party pays Kabam and thus makes them some money. You know, how ads typically work.
  • Because they run the basic ads from Unity, the "framework" this game is based upon.
    And from a marketing point of view, there's no better target for a game than someone who is playing a game...
  • This is common practice with mobile games and ads. Generally you're going to see other games advertised when playing.
This discussion has been closed.