Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cost of new AM Repair and Revive Kits

JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Let me get right to it. The new kits are too expensive. For example, a Tier 1 Squad Revive Kit used to be 45 energon — up a whopping 677% to 350 now. Yes, I know it’s a percentage based kit but trust me when I say no math model out there justifies the new energon cost.

Seriously has me considering retirement.

Comments

• I'll bring up the feedback!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    JKL wrote: »
    I'm not sure Kabam thought out the pricing fully. For one, this really hurts newer players still using 3*s and 4*s. Yeah, they get 10% or 25% but they might have revived/healed the same actual HP amount with the old revives for a fraction of the cost.

And the old kits can't be sold.
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    Yup agreed in times like these companies should not look up to beef their accounts rather should keep the things same. I suggest they bring back the old prices. 677% increase makes no sense. What kind of a management decision is this? Don't you all think about the other aspects before implying anything like this?

I hope you make these changes before going live with the new am map. Don't lock us out. Remember this decision will impact your player base and the word of mouth along with social media communications is a strong way to defame your name. This is a global crisis where in financial institutions, Govts, etc have cut down on their costs for almost everything. I wonder what was kabam thinking.

Btw US has reported the highest unemployment rate in their history, yesterday! Also it has hit many other countries worldwide.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    @Kabam Vydious appreciate you jumping in on this one in a prompt manner btw.

If I had one sentence to share with the decision maker(s) about these new prices, I would say this.

This change is the antithesis of Loss Leader Pricing and will cause players to drastically reduce spending, likely quitting the game altogether.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    The combo of new AI abilities that get you killed more often and huge price hikes in revives feeling like a 2 punch KO for a lot of players...

And just to stress this point in one last thread, even if the revive price was lowered, dying repeatedly because the AI has a new unfair advantage that they haven't had for the last 3 years of fighting just isn't "fun" anyway
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Just sell both in the store. I’m okay (I guess...) with the percentage based ones being higher priced, but it should be a reasonable higher price. Not stab you in the eye higher price.

Yeah, I was one of the folks who asked for percentage based ones in the past... but this is crazy.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    When we asked for percentage, we thought it would be a permanent change made to existing items, not a brand new set of expensive kits.

And what will happen to the occasional kits sold in the raid store? I see there aren't any prices tagged to T3 kits. Are they obtainable through raid rotation, then?
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Totally. And in order to get these repair kits, we need more energon, thus, we need more Missions that give out energon.

Actually, I want more Energon to be given out.

(I think I sound a it greedy. Like Starscream).
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Just want to say thank you to everyone who has commented while keeping it constructive.
    Jscrilla wrote: »
    Whoever is in charge of this over at Kabam should really get fired, for 2 reasons:
    1. The timing of raising the prices (during the worlds first real pandemic that is causing a global recession)
    2. The sheer amount of the price hike, and how it will negatively affect new players the greatest (which is the lifeblood of a dying game such as tftf)

If they dont modify the prices the player base will be a shell of the current reduced base in just a few months. Good luck Kabam.

Someone must’ve stepped on one too many LEGO pieces at home during lockdown because this is not a negative flag worthy post.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Someone must’ve stepped on one too many LEGO pieces at home during lockdown because this is not a negative flag worthy post.

Hah. Looks like the flag is gone now...
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    Unfortunately I already get signs of players wanting to step back because the prices of the kits aren't sustainable on the long term.
    Like what's said above, a player base of loyal players which will decrease in the next few months because of this ridiculously revive kit pricing.
    AM is for most players the most fun part but looks like Kabam is taking that away for many...
  • Rtx76Rtx76 Posts: 6
    I agree with Technos and Jimmy Sab 100% If the prices don't change it will drive players away. You did a nice job making all the exclusive bots available by grinding and earning them. But you put a rather large price tag on obtaining them at this point. If you didn't work on ROK3 before the price hike you're going to end up paying more for kits. People aren't willing spent like they use too on this game. Just saying
  • F3tcF3tc Posts: 40
    We have been using the revive kit at cost of 45 energon now I can't buy them because they are very expensive you could have raised them to 50 not to 350 energon I hope you guys look it up again and give us reasonable price because this price is way high.

Best regards
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    I'll bring up the feedback!

How long before we get to hear something about this subject?
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited March 2020
    Happy TFTF 3rd Year Anniversary Y'all 🥳

But seriously...

Instead of reducing the price, kabam could give them out as rewards for missions or maybe put them in the T3 ore crystal as well AM crystal.

But yeah reduce the cost as well.
  • Open discussion between the team right now. I'll see where our heads are at tomorrow.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021

Open discussion between the team right now. I'll see where our heads are at tomorrow.

Definitely the math needs to be done of how many kits would it take and cost to equal such in such % health, or possibly even give us an energon discount on the new % kits
    eo3ma8i9apfq.jpeg

(I’m assuming she means in the AM crystals)

So those will come out next week with the new AM, but they also decided to bring the new pricier kits to the store this week and remove the old ones.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    So just to confirm, AS crystals will still remain till we use them up and they still give old kits that we can use in new map right?
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    So just to confirm, AS crystals will still remain till we use them up and they still give old kits that we can use in new map right?

I second the need for confirmation here. Pretty serious implications.
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Faithz17 wrote: »

That's a very good question. We will need to wait until tomorrow for an official position from the Kabam team... many players already uneasy with the findings.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    I just got am kits from an as crystal and theybare showing % based heal, which on one account is kinda screwy because i amstill using 4* in am and the old kits were actually better as far as how mych health you gained
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    I just got am kits from an as crystal and theybare showing % based heal, which on one account is kinda screwy because i amstill using 4* in am and the old kits were actually better as far as how mych health you gained

s1c82khx7mu8.gif

Did you happen to screenshot it? Last time I opened AS crystals (Thursday?) they were still the old fixed value revs.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited March 2020
    8xsq417ot0vr.png

Wolfmills wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, I just now spun a single AS crystal. This is what I got.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    My 10 crystal giving me new % based. No more old fixed values. You can check in inventory, they are separate.
    hoolienwee wrote: »
    My 10 crystal giving me new % based. No more old fixed values. You can check in inventory, they are separate.

Not happening for me. Did you click on the kits after you opened the crystals to confirm the %?