Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Regarding giveaway: gleam.io

@Kabam Vydious gleam is not available in some countriese1m39viks6gb.png

Comments

• OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2020
    "VOID IN AUSTRALIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, HONG KONG, INDIA, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, MEXICO, NIGERIA, POLAND, PORTUGAL, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, TURKEY, THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW."

This a from a different forum page. Basically, if you are in one of these areas, you can't participate sadly. Vydious said it was a legal matter in Discord.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Find a VPN then?
  • "VOID IN AUSTRALIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, HONG KONG, INDIA, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, MEXICO, NIGERIA, POLAND, PORTUGAL, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, TURKEY, THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW."

This a from a different forum page. Basically, if you are in one of these areas, you can't participate sadly. Vydious said it was a legal matter in Discord.

thanks for letting me know about it...
  • Luckas22Luckas22 Posts: 53
    I am from Argentina and on the gleam page it says that there are 4 hours left before the draw begins and here it is 1 hour before 12,
  • @Kabam Vydious gleam is not available in some countriese1m39viks6gb.png

I mean if you read the text it literally tells you that the promotion is not available in your area...
    kop9xi9ucvlk.png

Nowhere does it say that in Argentina it is not available, it jumps to me until the time it starts
  • Can you send me a link to the giveaway pls?
  • A13X2017A13X2017 Posts: 50
    Probably a solution that can fit for all worldwide player, could be more appreciated..of course I haven't any probability to win something..but isn't a good thing create a contest where only a part of players can participate.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2020
    @A13X2017 those of us that are loyal, positive, paying customers will end up with
    su4cxu33ve34.png

Cest la vie.
    la vie est de la merde.

On a more serious note, I'd advise against using a VPN for this.
    Did it once (to remove truly mature adverts on my nephew's tablet) and was told it's against the T&C as it registers as playing from 2 different locations, thus pops up in systems as a hack-cheat.

@BlackRazak 😬😬😬
    1e4pnsvchsj6.jpg
  • "VOID IN AUSTRALIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, HONG KONG, INDIA, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, MEXICO, NIGERIA, POLAND, PORTUGAL, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, TURKEY, THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW."

This is really disappointing. There are so many players in these countries that put in a lot of effort into this game. Now we are missing this opportunity just due to where we live. Only those in the select countries will have a chance at getting the rewards while the others are left out.
    @Kabam Vydious , what about the rest of us? Surely we deserve an equal chance as that of others... :'(
  • Any link?
  • DinoTronsDinoTrons Posts: 48
    @Kabam Vydious

Hey!. Sorry to bother you
    Don’t know where to go with this.
    Ok let me start off by saying I don’t have or use any social media.
    The anniversary screenshot contest begins and I decide to submit an entry. Then I realized to get the extra entry for Twitter I had to have a Twitter account so I made one. The contest won’t give me the credit for the extra Twitter entry because it keeps telling me throwaway accounts aren’t allowed but it’s not really a throwaway account. I never had Twitter so I made an account that I plan to keep . It just won’t give me credit for that extra entry.

Sorry for any inconvenience and I know there isn’t much u can do. If you would be able to point me in the right direction that would be great
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I wouldn’t sweat the entries or what not too much. They’re only giving away a 4 star version of Necrotronus. And only one to 1st place and one to 2nd place. 3rd place only gets crystals.

The 4 star Necrotronus is in the crystal bot pool so you may have a better chance of getting him from there. Well, then again maybe not. Haha.

If anything, Kabam will get a lot more activity on their social media accounts. At least that gives the opportunity for them to promote TFTF more to people and hopefully to new players. Maybe we’ll be able to see the game population grow.
  • DinoTronsDinoTrons Posts: 48
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I wouldn’t sweat the entries or what not too much. They’re only giving away a 4 star version of Necrotronus. And only one to 1st place and one to 2nd place. 3rd place only gets crystals.

The 4 star Necrotronus is in the crystal bot pool so you may have a better chance of getting him from there. Well, then again maybe not. Haha.

If anything, Kabam will get a lot more activity on their social media accounts. At least that gives the opportunity for them to promote TFTF more to people and hopefully to new players. Maybe we’ll be able to see the game population grow.

Good point. It’s not so much that I’m sweating it. I just figured I’d participate in the giveaway. Not really complaining or anything. Was more so wondering how I encountered this while submitting an entry
  • Unfortunately it's not something we can really change (in regards to regions), this is a legal matter with the system set up into place and how countries may view these giveaways. I'm sorry for the disappointment, but I can't change that.
    Unfortunately it's not something we can really change (in regards to regions), this is a legal matter with the system set up into place and how countries may view these giveaways. I'm sorry for the disappointment, but I can't change that.

You are right and I understand..it's ok. But some of us (a lot) miss a piece of anniversary events. Maybe next year the staff will decide about other solution in order to permit to "all" player to take part to the event.
  • 2Lock2Lock Posts: 38
    Where is the link to post??? Please
  • 2Lock2Lock Posts: 38
    Found it
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    I went to submit and it required me to sign in with a social media account? No thanks...
  • I went to submit and it required me to sign in with a social media account? No thanks...

Thanks for the heads up lol.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    I went to submit and it required me to sign in with a social media account? No thanks...

I didn’t need to sign into a social media account to submit, nor did I need to even have a Facebook account to get that additional entry. I don’t use twitter, so I did not do that entry.
    So that’s the only one of the 3 that require a social media account.
    Nightpath wrote: »

I didn’t need to sign into a social media account to submit, nor did I need to even have a Facebook account to get that additional entry. I don’t use twitter, so I did not do that entry.

I was required to sign in through either Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Google to complete the submission. So I declined.

And this was after using my gmail address for identification.
    When will the winners of the draw be?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644

I was required to sign in through either Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Google to complete the submission. So I declined.

Thats strange, because it never required me to sign into anything.

Thats strange, because it never required me to sign into anything.

Maybe you are already signed into one of those in your browser and the site auto-identified you via cookies? Just a guess. I keep my browser signed out of all of those services.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    This is the results post from the giveaway thread. So....

6ijp0yerrt9n.jpeg

I wonder who those three were. 😂
  • GRISKOGRISKO Posts: 2
    Hello Guys. Kabam, congratulations on the third anniversary!
  • GRISKO wrote: »
    Hello Guys. Kabam, congratulations on the third anniversary!

Congratulations to you, bro! ;)