Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AM Revive Kits disappearing in Titan Daily Missions

See attached video that illustrates the bug. Sorry for the 5 min length but needed to be long in order to ensure continuity in reporting the problem.

Some are saying on Discord that this is a visual bug where what you see on the map is “wrong” but what you get in the rewards screen is right. I don’t doubt the accuracy of that, but it’s fraudulent nonetheless. Gaming 101 where monetary value is impacted - can be considered bait & switch as well.

Comments

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    See attached video that illustrates the bug. Sorry for the 5 min length but needed to be long in order to ensure continuity in reporting the problem.

Some are saying on Discord that this is a visual bug where what you see on the map is “wrong” but what you get in the rewards screen is right. I don’t doubt the accuracy of that, but it’s fraudulent nonetheless. Gaming 101 where monetary value is impacted - can be considered bait & switch as well.

THANK YOU! I had this exact same issue pop up yesterday and everyone thought I was crazy. Ever since I started taking screenshots yesterday and today, I haven't had the issue. It's like they know they're being watched now. Pretty shady to show a revive on the path but you end up with a heal instead. I don't know the laws in Canada, but pretty sure that won't fly.
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    edited April 2020
    mcqmy790hhip.jpg

r1tjrzneud46.jpg

3jlan3mtpcpa.jpg

vlbm977fqnlk.jpg
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Yep, it’s still happening. All I can say is keep reporting it to Kabam support. I have a ticket going back and forth now.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    What are the chances support will come back and say that if you really want a revive, you can buy one with energon from the store?
  • Its a visual bug. Its not "disappearing".

Yes, this is very annoying for the users who think they are getting a revive but really aren't.
    Yep, it’s still happening. All I can say is keep reporting it to Kabam support. I have a ticket going back and forth now.

The support ticket was raised by @BeastCrusher and this was the response.

"I have shared your video with the team at large to provide more context for the issue. In response, I was informed that this appears to be a display issue, however, we have been unable to reliably reproduce it in order to investigate in more depth.

With that in mind, it is possible for either a potion or a revive to appear on a quest map, although the potion has a higher chance of doing so than the revive. Given the circumstances of this concern, we will continue to keep our eyes out for more reports of this situation in hopes of gathering more details for investigation."

It's better we raise the issue here rather than sending multiple tickets of which some may come back with a totally irrelevant answers. I trust the forums more than the support.
    Its a visual bug. Its not "disappearing".

Yes, this is very annoying for the users who think they are getting a revive but really aren't.

I still think the claim that it’s a visual bug is the wrong way to go. Those revive kits do exist in the titan missions. If they didn’t exist, then I could go along with a visual bug. If it shows up green, you should get green.
    edited April 2020

The support ticket was raised by @BeastCrusher and this was the response.

It's better we raise the issue here rather than sending multiple tickets of which some may come back with a totally irrelevant answers. I trust the forums more than the support.

I don’t disagree with you about the irrelevant answers from Kabam support. I too prefer and trust the forum much more. That said, I don’t want to see this thread lockdown because we brought Kabam support ticket details into the comments.

At this point, I believe the best approach is to define what bait and switch mean in the gaming world and it is still happening. Even if it is unintentional (which I believe to be true), it doesn’t change the fact that it still occurs and has impact.
    Its a visual bug. Its not "disappearing".

That’s the definition of bait and switch. Intentional or not, it’s still happening and has impact to a player’s decision making with respect to resources — no matter how minimal.
    I don’t think it’s a bait and switch. That would be more like them showing revive kits in the mission picture, but there not being any in the actual missions.

And yes, the picture does show revive kits in it

p69ougadnsn3.jpeg

It’s a bug, we should be getting what we’re seeing.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s a bait and switch. That would be more like them showing revive kits in the mission picture, but there not being any in the actual missions.

And yes, the picture does show revive kits in it

p69ougadnsn3.jpeg

It’s a bug, we should be getting what we’re seeing.

Speaking of visuals, that’s exactly why I consider this bait and switch (the unintentional kind). I have paths to choose from, I see a reward that I want on a specific path, and then that reward gets changed to something else. About as black and white as I’ve ever seen.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I mean we honestly whining about the ability to farm something that was not farmable before? Guys come on run it a few more times and get the revives. I run it 12 times week and already have significant overflow of revives and heals.

I get where y’all are coming from but seriously, let’s not start down the path of false advertising just be glad we can actually get them at our own discretion vs the gambling crystal wheel of doom.
    BOFAD wrote: »
    I mean we honestly whining about the ability to farm something that was not farmable before? Guys come on run it a few more times and get the revives. I run it 12 times week and already have significant overflow of revives and heals.

I get where y’all are coming from but seriously, let’s not start down the path of false advertising just be glad we can actually get them at our own discretion vs the gambling crystal wheel of doom.

I disagree with you. May be you are able to run it 12 times a week but not everyone. In my case I'm busy with my job most of the time and I can run it 2-3 times only. Now if in those three times I see this issue then it's a waste of time for me and I would certainly raise it.

Next there are people who decide whether or not to complete the path once they see the revive kit 3 nodes away. Now when they see a revive kit they decide to continue with the path and then end up with a repair kit. That's certainly not fair. Those players can save up and re run the path of the end product displays correctly.
    As the person who started this thread, my intent was to attention to the problem for the benefit of other players. To my knowledge, that is the purpose of having a “Bugs” forum topic section (created by a mod).

My comments about false advertising were not directed at Kabam. They were part of explaining my perspective on how I characterize this type of issue. It was a conversation between those that commented here. Hope that is clear now.

New game content is always welcome but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t point out a bug for the sake of validation and awareness.

I disagree with you. May be you are able to run it 12 times a week but not everyone. In my case I'm busy with my job most of the time and I can run it 2-3 times only. Now if in those three times I see this issue then it's a waste of time for me and I would certainly raise it.

Next there are people who decide whether or not to complete the path once they see the revive kit 3 nodes away. Now when they see a revive kit they decide to continue with the path and then end up with a repair kit. That's certainly not fair. Those players can save up and re run the path of the end product displays correctly.

Bro don’t give me that I have a wife, 2 kids and a 12 hour a day job. It’s not a waste of time unless you desperately need the revives so badly that maybe you should spend more Of what little time you have practicing.

Again it’s 1 energy per move. 2 lanes you can easily auto fight, so I’m missing where timing is an issue. If you can’t do 6-7 fights not on auto I’m sorry but it maybe time for you hang it up. You get exploration rewards that result in shards that are FAR MORE VALUABLE.

Also you can’t see the revives Or heals from the first nodes before you move it’s designed that way. All you see are boxes 1,2, 3 star boxes. So while your argument is valid if that were the case in this instance it isn’t the case. You also cannot leave the path once you start so there isn’t an opportunity to go down any set path unless you already chose said destination.

Want to know the best way to get revives? Run the hardest path for the shards and get them there.
    Also if this a bug or known issue please post this in the bugs section
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Also if this a bug or known issue please post this in the bugs section

mspqc6xrpah2.jpg
    It’s ok to disagree fellas, but c’mon. There is no need to insert personal attacks. Time and commitment is all subjective. We all measure and value that differently. No point in debating that nuance by comparing our personal lives. @Latimustron @BOFAD

Bottom line is that this is an informational post and in the appropriate forum section. If you don’t have something constructive to say, then move along.
    It’s ok to disagree fellas, but c’mon. There is no need to insert personal attacks. Time and commitment is all subjective. We all measure and value that differently. No point in debating that nuance by comparing our personal lives. @Latimustron @BOFAD

Bottom line is that this is an informational post and in the appropriate forum section. If you don’t have something constructive to say, then move along.

My fault jimmy You posted in bugs my fault. didn’t even notice because of spambot Le miserable

My fault jimmy You posted in bugs my fault. didn’t even notice because of spambot Le miserable

All good man. I know you to be a rational and intelligent human being. Same for Latimustron — just hate seeing veteran players turn on each other instead of leading the way for newer players.

Bro don’t give me that I have a wife, 2 kids and a 12 hour a day job. It’s not a waste of time unless you desperately need the revives so badly that maybe you should spend more Of what little time you have practicing.

Again it’s 1 energy per move. 2 lanes you can easily auto fight, so I’m missing where timing is an issue. If you can’t do 6-7 fights not on auto I’m sorry but it maybe time for you hang it up. You get exploration rewards that result in shards that are FAR MORE VALUABLE.

Also you can’t see the revives Or heals from the first nodes before you move it’s designed that way. All you see are boxes 1,2, 3 star boxes. So while your argument is valid if that were the case in this instance it isn’t the case. You also cannot leave the path once you start so there isn’t an opportunity to go down any set path unless you already chose said destination.

Want to know the best way to get revives? Run the hardest path for the shards and get them there.

Wow you just made whole lot of baseless assumptions about me. Anyways to clear it up I did not give you anything that you got so personal for no reason. Now that you have let me tell you I got two jobs, a wife and 3 kids as well. I work around 16 hours a day. The only time I'm active is when we have AMs. It is a waste of time for me to log in and explore the daily titan mission and then not getting what I want. So yes I need revives desperately because I've stopped grinding like others. Also I don't need practicing but revives are clearly important because like we all know at any level your game can go bad and you will need revives which are more beneficial because they are now % wise. Btw I'm talking about high levels. My in game name is Jaguar and my alliance is OVD so I'm not joking about good and bad days in am.

Also I don't do arenas as well. Forget auto run I don't get enough time to even log in to the app. This is the reason why I stay awake till 4 in the morning during am days. Even quarantined my job remains the same because like we all know most of us are working from home.

Also I specifically mentioned that The way I prefer playing is to move up and then reach the node from where we can see whether the reward is a revive kit or a repair kit. If I don't see a revive I restart because we all have ample of repairs already.

Last, your advice for me to give up the game is not something that you can decide for a player. Every player plays different and has a different lifestyle. Like I said because you can do 12 runs doesn't mean others would too. And that's clearly no reason for someone to quit the game. We all have different lives. 12 run is a joke for you on auto run but not for me.

Please consider everything before being so rude for no reason. You and I are good buddies.we have played together many times. Let's not ruin it. We all should respect each other's thoughts. Half of my message was representing a small segment of player base who will agree with me. It's not just for me though.

In short I need to get what i see. I'm a consumer of this business and I'll not tolerate the game screwing up may it be small or big. Cheers!

I still dont know how was it a personal attack. But anyways I close my case here. We are friends it should be all good.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2020
    Step in with a response, @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike .

Not pleasurable seeing mates have a go at each other.

It's great there's now a surefire method to gain AM revives, but perhaps better clarification from the mods would be helpful. Bug or otherwise.

Also, that AM Shard Banner has pictures of T3C, yet don't exist under closer inspection. THANKFULLY.

@BOFAD @Latimustron hope cabin fever hasn't gotten the best of you lot.
    Take great care and stay positive.
    WHERE’S THE AUTORUN? Haha...

If we could just autorun this thing, then we wouldn’t see the kits on the path and not have anything complain about.
    Speaking of visuals, that’s exactly why I consider this bait and switch (the unintentional kind). I have paths to choose from, I see a reward that I want on a specific path, and then that reward gets changed to something else. About as black and white as I’ve ever seen.

Could just be my device, but I don’t see the kits at the start. It’s not until I’m down a path that I see ‘em, but I’m already committed at that point.

vdj3fkslnslm.gif
  • bnoacozqnll1.png
    I never saw them once appearing in my rewards section after completing it. Now all of a sudden they appear in my stash - and I’m pretty sure I didn’t get all of them from the Elite Alliance Crystals... Perhaps we’ve been getting them all this time but it didn’t show up in the rewards section due to a visual bug?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    bnoacozqnll1.png
    I never saw them once appearing in my rewards section after completing it. Now all of a sudden they appear in my stash - and I’m pretty sure I didn’t get all of them from the Elite Alliance Crystals... Perhaps we’ve been getting them all this time but it didn’t show up in the rewards section due to a visual bug?

probably and what Deathstalker meant by visual. This mission reward bug been around (wrong star reward box). The reward chest doesn't correctly show what you'll get after the mission is done.
    That’s not the case for me. Green showing up, but turning to red at the end don’t end up in my stash. It’s still red.
    edited April 2020
    Darm0k wrote: »

Could just be my device, but I don’t see the kits at the start. It’s not until I’m down a path that I see ‘em, but I’m already committed at that point.

vdj3fkslnslm.gif

You are correct in that you cannot see the kit nodes fro the start. Sorry if that was unclear in my comments. I do however quit the map if I don’t see a green top Revive kit. That’s what I mean when I say I review the path than make a decision.

I also only run the hardest because that’s the only one that ever displays the Revive kit.