Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game Guide for new players ?!

I m new in this game guys / seniors plz help me ..
Mastery setup ?
Upgrading resources ?
How to fight like pro .?

Is any video tutorial by any ytuber
Any important group like trucos in mcoc

Plz help me
.. thanks

Comments

• NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited April 2020
    What @BlackRazak said. Also... don’t squander your energon on useless purchases, like premiums or sparks that can easily be acquired from other sources, like dailies.

And lastly... that forum name of yours... is not going to make things easier for you around here...
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Mastery setup ?
    Like in The Matrix, you have two options
    1. Use all your mastery points and cores on Offensive masteries, that’s where all the good stuff comes from. These will heavily affect your gameplay as the game’s focused on dealing damage and avoiding hits. Some must-have masteries include: Critical Rate, Critical Damage, Courage, Sequencer, Deep Wounds and Star Seeker. Unlike that other game, “Suicide” Masteries such as Double Edge in this game creates more harm than good, as Willpower and other Defensive masteries aren’t that useful to spend points on. If you wanna play risky, just max out 3 points in Glass Cannon and call it a day. I highly recommend this all-offensive setup as it’ll impact every bot in the game...unlike the second option
    2. Invest 13 points in Defensive masteries (3 on Nano-Repair and 10 on fillers). Do this only if you have an awakened Wheeljack and want to get the most out of 1 bot. Keep in mind this will affect your damage output, but will greatly keep you safe as Wheeljack is one of the best defensive/beginner bots out there. If you’re rich in energon and gold, you can try this setup and switch to the first one when you get used to Wheeljacking around and/or get bored

Upgrading resources ?
    - Try to fully explore spotlights and do as many monthly objectives as possible. That’s where most of the goodies come from
    - Join an active alliance and try to fully explore all 3 BGs. Exploration/Completion Rewards > Ranking
    - Away Missions are very important as well. Focus on doing Ore-13 crystals (unless when there’s a 4-5* crystal shard mission going on). These crystals are the (2nd) best source of gold (after Gold Bounty Arenas, which you should definitely do)
    - Grind Bot chip and Gold arenas (as mentioned above). Arena crystals are very important as well
    How to fight like pro .?
    This question is hard to answer. There is no definitive gameplay in this game as diverse mods and diverse bot skillsets force you to adapt in different situations to optimize your fight. Since there’s an AI recovery bug going on right now - which Kabam’s struggling to fix, you might not have the best learning experience.
    Right now I can only recommend you some YouTube channels for you to learn from. Some of these channels include Synthwave and Inqosly. The Youtube community in this game is pretty small (and inconsistent). If you have enough spare time, you can check out some underground content creators who unfortunately either have very poor audio quality and editing skills (and in some cases, both!), but they’re still pretty enjoyable and sometimes will help you more than these 2 people above.
    The community for this game is really small.
    If you want an active & friendly environment for learning and discussing the game, you can join the official Discord Server - whose link has been pinned on the forums
    But if you want the real deal, you can check out the Line chat community for this game. The people there are far more experienced and helpful than any other groups. The rules there are less strict, too!
  • I m new in this game guys / seniors plz help me ..
    Mastery setup ?
    Upgrading resources ?
    How to fight like pro .?

Plz help me
    .. thanks

Tip number 1:Dont cry if you can't get 6 stars

THE END
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited April 2020
    Lots of good suggestions here already so I’ll just add this. While it may seem obvious, this game has 3D fight movements/dynamics. It is also very sensitive to inputs (yes sometimes it’s laggy/buggy). The sooner you break the habit of fighting on a 2D plane (like that other game), the sooner you will unlock you’re ninja skills.

An example of this is blocking. In 2D, blocking and the step back is all you have. In this game, you have a true side step that can go in either direction (left/right or up/down depending on how you orient movement in your own head).

All this to say, avoid blocking as a habit and instead focus on dodging and continuous movement/positioning. As you watch videos take note of how the player is constantly working on their position.
    Mastery setup ?
    Upgrading resources ?
    How to fight like pro .?

Plz help me
    .. thanks

THE END

>Implying 6*s are beneficial to the game
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Mastery setup ?
    Upgrading resources ?
    How to fight like pro .?

Plz help me
    .. thanks

THE END

Seriously though, the best way to play the game is to get used to the 360 gameplay. If you are struggling with getting used to this then use Jetfire, he is pretty much the only good shield master with a good parry.

Also, the best character in the game is Hound and the sharkticons. Don't play with Megatronus or G1 Prime or G1 megatron or G1 bumblebee or Thundercracker or Primal or Cheetor or Ratchet.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2020
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Mastery setup ?
    Upgrading resources ?
    How to fight like pro .?

Plz help me
    .. thanks

THE END

Also, the best character in the game is Hound and the sharkticons. Don't play with Megatronus or G1 Prime or G1 megatron or G1 bumblebee or Thundercracker or Primal or Cheetor or Ratchet.

Don't take this part seriously; Hound and the sharkticons are really not worth using. The sharks are mainly forge fodder (very helpful for later) and hound is mediocre. Take some recommendations too. Some good bots to use are G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron, Megatronus and Ironhide. But it is your account so use whatever bots that suits your style of gameplay.
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    edited April 2020
    Mastery setup ?
    Upgrading resources ?
    How to fight like pro .?

Plz help me
    .. thanks

@ImMcocPlayer

Go to his channel and tap on playlists tab
    There you'll find one with a name of new player resources
    Everything is explained in detail
  • Lol, why are people flagging me?!
    It's only my OPINION,RIGHT!?
    I can definetl
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Mastery setup ?
    Upgrading resources ?
    How to fight like pro .?

Plz help me
    .. thanks

THE END

Don't take this part seriously; Hound and the sharkticons are really not worth using. The sharks are mainly forge fodder (very helpful for later) and hound is mediocre. Take some recommendations too. Some good bots to use are G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron, Megatronus and Ironhide. But it is your account so use whatever bots that suits your style of gameplay.

You never know in the future, he could be the first player to defeat Rise Of Kolkular with only a Hound.

Seriously though, MCOC player, OptimalOptimus_MV1 is right. Your best new game character should always have a G1 Prime or G1 Megatron in your team. They have a mix of damaging debuff, attack buffs, you name it!
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    edited April 2020
    For bot ranking suggestion
    Follow this thread
    It will help you to find which bot is most used and best
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9605/best-tftf-account/p1
    1121893 wrote: »
    Follow this thread
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9605/best-tftf-account/p1

LOL how is this flagged? I get why Crazy Wheeljack’s joke was flagged because it contained pointless misinformation that’ll confuse OP, but this can actually be useful for building future teams.
    The absolute state of this forum
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Alot of really good advice on here.
    Definitely look at synergies...which ones you enjoy using and which ones you don't.
    Concentrate on your team....have a raid team, and a regular team.
    Remember when you're in Alliance Mission, you cannot use your regular bots
    Don't waste resources on bot you won't use. 4* bots are really easy to get these days...spend on them.
  • 1.Watch Inightskies
    2.Do not sell Megatronus
    3.Be happy when you get Megatronus
    4.Save a lot of energon
    5. Don’t ask for new bots..
    Follow this thread

LOL how is this flagged? I get why Crazy Wheeljack’s joke was flagged because it contained pointless misinformation that’ll confuse OP, but this can actually be useful for building future teams.

A lot of comments are flagged for no reason lol
    Follow this thread

Even when I got flagged in this thread it was a bit weird.It seems like people are flagging me for no reasons or people hate it when the best bots are being "Mislead".

It doesn't really count because I know some people who think hound is an alright character. I'm not misleading people if I'm joking about bad characters, even though they are technically not bad.

People say this all the time but they can sometimes be a bit hypocritical about it.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Cr4zy_Wheeljack @Smokescreenbot perhaps of airing your disdain, elaborate on your opinions.

If you think Hound is awesome, share why. . You could even be the ones educating pro gamers with some unknown skill-moves Hound could possess they don't know about.

So there.
    Accept and learn from ALL players. No matter the skill level.
    Only idiots wouldn't want to learn more.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Cr4zy_Wheeljack @Smokescreenbot perhaps of airing your disdain, elaborate on your opinions.

If you think Hound is awesome, share why. . You could even be the ones educating pro gamers with some unknown skill-moves Hound could possess they don't know about.

So there.

Don't worry, here's the tips on how to be a pro player with a 2 star Hound:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    BlackRazak wrote: »

So there.

Don't worry, here's the tips on how to be a pro player with a 2 star Hound:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

For the Rickroll diehard fans:

https://youtu.be/dJRsWJqDjFE

So there.

So there.

Why not ask the person who owns a r5 Hound @Manthro ;)
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

So there.

That one person who flagged me must of accidentally got Rick Rolled even though you could tell from the title. It's a classic meme, how am I misleading someone even though it is so predictable and a classic?

So there.

So there.

Why not ask the person who owns a r5 Hound @Manthro ;)

Now that's a pro Gamer! Screw all the other
    boring players who have rank 5 5 stars Megatronus'! They are gonna fear the might of that beast!
    Follow this thread

Even when I got flagged in this thread it was a bit weird.It seems like people are flagging me for no reasons or people hate it when the best bots are being "Mislead".

It doesn't really count because I know some people who think hound is an alright character. I'm not misleading people if I'm joking about bad characters, even though they are technically not bad.

People say this all the time but they can sometimes be a bit hypocritical about it.

Got flagged because I said avengers roll out lol.
    Follow this thread

People flag me because they got Rick rolled to know how to be a pro player with only a 2 star Hound
    Follow this thread

People flag me because they got Rick rolled to know how to be a pro player with only a 2 star Hound

Yep.
  • yorkdredyorkdred Posts: 72
    Just in case if new players are looking for an active alliance, we are recruiting. Need to be active and motivated to grow. We do AM level 1 for now. Our tag is sizz1