Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I'm new

I just came over from MCOC and am trying out the game a bit, I only played when it first first came out for like a day so I don't really know anything, is there anything I should know?

Comments

• OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2020
    1. Save up on energon for some good deals. You might be ok with spending some energon on the first few crystals for a larger roster, but after that it would be best if you'd save up.

2. Always do away missions. They have those good ore-13 crystals which can give you gold, ore and other things. You get better types of ore-13 as you progress through the game and grow your account.

3. Don't use sharks when you get them. They aren't good but they'll be great for forging bots. You'll forge a lot later on in the game.

4. Use bots like megatronus, g1 prime and megatron, Ironhide and wheeljack. There are plenty of good bots, and these are just a few of them. Megatronus will definitely help you; you'll probably get him as a 2 star or 3 star sometime ever since the crystal update.

5. Use bots that suit your style of gameplay. I know i just said you should use certain bots in game, but that's just recommended. You have a pretty large variety of bots to choose from and play with.

6. Go into an alliance when you can. Since you are new, you can just go into a random one and play am there. Am does help a lot. There might be some new alliances recruiting too.

7. Watch people like INightskies, Synthwave and LukeConnerton. They have some more tips that'll be very useful for you. You don't have to of course, but i think you should check them out. INightSkies has a beginners guide on YouTube.

8. Play at difficulties that are good for you. Don't rush in to levels like hard or expert or master in the spotlights. You should try easy first and slowly do things more challenging such as increasing difficulty from easy to medium.

Currently, there is a thread about a guide for new players. You might want to check it out to learn more: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9815/game-guide-for-new-players#latest
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I'm old

Honestly dude just play how you want, and rank up who you like but also remember who gets the job done. There really isnt a solid goal in this game so you've got to make one up for yourself, whether its collecting every bot or competing in high level AM it's all up to you.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    try and play Act 1 for a while, and after you complete ACt 1, feel free to do the special missions and whatsoever.
  • nrwlnrwl Posts: 2
    thanks guys! the advice was great, I don't know why it's getting flagged lol
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    nrwl wrote: »
    thanks guys! the advice was great, I don't know why it's getting flagged lol

People like to flag stuff just for trolling.
    Anyway, a lot of good advice.
    Don't waste resources, and don't spend energon on anything that isn't a guarantee...like crystals, unless it a guaranteed 4* or such.
    Spark deals always help get you over that plateau many face.
    Pick the bots you like best, figure out who pairs with them best, and focus on those.
    Have you a dedicated raid team, because once you start playing Alliance Missions, those bots will be gone until the field is complete, and that's always the day the good stuff shows in the raid store :)
    Welcome aboard.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    One thing that makes this game different from MCOC is that the bots here are quite balanced. Everyone has some uses, only some bots like Hound, DeMegs and Soundwave are usually worse than the others.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    One thing that makes this game different from MCOC is that the bots here are quite balanced. Everyone has some uses, only some bots like Hound, DeMegs and Soundwave are usually worse than the others.

Soundwave is good, he is just a pain in the back when fighting him fully duped with his constant force shields that blow your projectiles back at you.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited April 2020
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Soundwave is good, he is just a pain in the back when fighting him fully duped with his constant force shields that blow your projectiles back at you.

Don’t tell me you ranked him up just for Base Defense
  • yorkdredyorkdred Posts: 72
    If you are looking for an alliance check ours. We are looking for active and motivated players who would like to grow with the alliance. We do AM level 1 for now. Our tag is sizz1.