Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Now it's time to fix the whiff ( air punch )

11218931121893 Posts: 144
edited April 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Now the sp's bug has been fixed we expect to solve the air punch bug as well.after pew pew bot is unable to dash in and we get combo'ed by opponent

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Please link all those gifs of this bug into this thread.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    For clarification, I did not dash forward in either of these gifs - tapped on the same spot on the screen that previously produced ranged attacks. Yes, these have been submitted as support tickets. No, I have not received a clear response. Only the usual cycle of emails calling me a summoner and/or asking me for device information again.

twv14c28ny4r.gif

ngq4qeb0jtmi.gif

• 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    90cn3rr1dtdb.gif

Not mine
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    For some reason the AI always uses their special when you whiff like this...as if their “invulnerability frame” was activated a short time before their proper SP activation and color change
    From the look of it, Air Punch™ happens when the AI is shot and a melee is input too quickly. Since the player bot's melee isn't re-calibrated taking the recoil of the AI's hitbox into account, the punch whiffs.
  • I know there's already some GIFs in here (Thank you!) but keep them coming if you can. It would also be helpful to get the following information:

Device Model Number (Not just Samsung S10, but the actual model number):
    OS Name and Version:
    What Bot you were using, and who you were fighting against (if you have a video, don't worry about this):
    Where was this fight? The more precise we can get, the better.
    To the best of your recollection, what were you doing when this occurred? ("It happened right after the opponent stood up from a Special attack" etc)
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited May 2020
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    For clarification, I did not dash forward in either of these gifs - tapped on the same spot on the screen that previously produced ranged attacks. Yes, these have been submitted as support tickets. No, I have not received a clear response. Only the usual cycle of emails calling me a summoner and/or asking me for device information again.

twv14c28ny4r.gif

ngq4qeb0jtmi.gif

Device: iPhone XS
    Game Mode: Both these gifs are from arena
    Fight Context: occurs while tapping on either the 2nd or 3rd tap of a basic ranged sequence. Seems to also occur when enemy AI has at least 1 power bar cuz they almost launch it following the air punch.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited May 2020
    From the look of it, Air Punch™ happens when the AI is shot and a melee is input too quickly. Since the player bot's melee isn't re-calibrated taking the recoil of the AI's hitbox into account, the punch whiffs.

It doesn’t always happen after hitting with ranged.

v6fljhe2r4j0.gif

Before comments about Megs’ heavy, I would argue that I would have hit him before that if I didn’t air punch.

On an iPad Pro 10.5. This was on previous AM map 3 (I think?), but it happens in all game modes (story, spotlight, arena, raid, and current AM) for me.

Usually happens when trying to dash attack after shooting ranged, but once in a while it happens when just trying to dash in.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Darm0k wrote: »

v6fljhe2r4j0.gif

Before comments about Megs’ heavy, I would argue that I would have hit him before that if I didn’t air punch.

On an iPad Pro 10.5. This was on previous AM map 3 (I think?), but it happens in all game modes (story, spotlight, arena, raid, and current AM) for me.

Usually happens when trying to dash attack after shooting ranged, but once in a while it happens when just trying to dash in.

assuming KillMasterC's theory is correct, this lack of re-calibration may both ways. I wonder if Tronus' air punch was the result of that back step before the whiff.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    In this case, Megatron's hitbox backed a bit when he transforms. Sometimes we can benefit from it as well.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I question whether Megatronus would have even reached Megatron even if Megatron hadn't transformed. Doesn't look like it to me.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    I know there's already some GIFs in here (Thank you!) but keep them coming if you can. It would also be helpful to get the following information:

OS Name and Version:
    What Bot you were using, and who you were fighting against (if you have a video, don't worry about this):
    To the best of your recollection, what were you doing when this occurred? ("It happened right after the opponent stood up from a Special attack" etc)

Samsung Galaxy A8 SM- A530W

In this case, Megatron's hitbox backed a bit when he transforms. Sometimes we can benefit from it as well.

I still feel I would have hit him if it weren’t for this issue. I say the heavy transformation only would have avoided my second melee attempt. Also, if you look where Megatron is when I start my attack and where my punch animation was, there’s no wait it would have connected even if Megatron didn’t heavy.
    Mi A1
    SD 625 android 9

I forgot to say, yes, I have been on the good side of this as well. Have dodged an AI melee hit by going into a heavy a few times in the past - never on purpose though haha.
    Any update on this ? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Have you all seen an increase in whiffs since they "AIR QUOTES" FIXED "AIR QUOTES" the cheating AI? I sure have noticed a startling uptick in whiffs, but want to see if it's widespread affecting the playerbase.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Manthro wrote: »
    I know there's already some GIFs in here (Thank you!) but keep them coming if you can. It would also be helpful to get the following information:

OS Name and Version:

How about this...

We all know you can fix the whiff issue. Wanna know why?

Because when the AI attacks a player it lunges forward like a savage after each of our backsteps for a full combo, going from all the way against their wall, and pinning us against our wall with successive LIGHT strikes. It tracks our backsteps distance perfectly, even with a light hit AFTER we dodge a dash in, when we backstepped far enough for them to be at ranged distance.

Meanwhile, when the player misses because of a whiff or an AI backsteps, if we continue tapping to strike in order to "cover ground" and push back for arena space, our bot sits exactly where it intially tracked the opponent, and continues shadow boxing.

Yes, every player knows that if the AI evades or backsteps an attack, you must immediately stop tapping and backstep to avoid the counterattack. I'm only saying this to illustrate how incredibly different the AI can approach a battle because it is programmed to cover distance differently and have advantages in certain situations.

What you should be doing is making it the same for player controlled bots and AI controlled bots. It's not an even playing field.

Don't even get me started on how the game now has micro stutters before almost every special attack launched by the AI, and random modulation of the animation speeds mid special. Makes it near impossible to avoid anything now.

Scout bee is by far the worst offender. I can't tell you how many times I dashed in and saw my animation about to land, then right before the hit, I see bee just barely start a counter hit but is clearly behind... Then the game stutters, and bee simultaneously triggers evade AND magically hits me before I land my strike.

If his evade triggers, it means I landed first. How can he hit me if evade triggers?

Huge problems with this game lately. People don't report it because they no longer care. It obvious the AI is tweaked to cheat, no matter how you try and hide it.

The Ai actually has a set of rules, here they are:

Story mode: Obey all rules
    Arena: become a ninja
    Everything else: scrap you and your rules, I win.
  • KIZILELMAKIZILELMA Posts: 51
    same here, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
  • Bazzatron1979Bazzatron1979 Posts: 238
    If AI played by the same rules, it would never win
    If AI didn't change its rules from time to time, we'd find the AI predictable, always beatable, boring

None of this is to say its ok to have whiff though - its not

This is just to say you can't expect parity in playing
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    We should expect the AI to use odd combos or off-timed attacks to trip us up, but, we should never be tripped-up by bugs or cheating AI.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    KINGS of Air Whiff
    1. Rhinox (President)
    2. Ramjet (VP)
    3. G1 Megatron (Secretary of (missed) Defence)
    4. Thundercracker
    5. Ironhide
    6. Ultra Magnus
    7. Ratchet
    8. Waspinator

All these guys are nearly guaranteed a whiff if opponent moves an inch, especially on laggy SoC like SD430, 625, 626, 636; MT6737.

Not so apparent on SD630, 632, 675, 835, 845, MT6755, 6771.
    Here’s to show it doesn’t have to be after a ranged attack.

5y4ra0tuzyn6.gif

And

k0z9apfjfg5l.gif

Same fight.
    Here’s one that shows a ranged doesn’t need to hit. This one was blocked.

k7zucl3hndg4.gif
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2020
    If AI played by the same rules, it would never win
    If AI didn't change its rules from time to time, we'd find the AI predictable, always beatable, boring

None of this is to say its ok to have whiff though - its not

This is just to say you can't expect parity in playing

So, programming the game to skip frames, and stutter before every special attack so you can't time or input a backstep properly is ok with you?

Simultaneous evasion and landing hits seems legit?

I don't mind losing to a tough programmed computer. I do mind losing to one that blatantly breaks the rules in a game that costs MONEY.

Some of these mods are bad enough.

Pretty much everyone will tell you that scout bee is the real boss of this map. Go and try fighting him at top 3 difficulty level and then try to tell anyone who has that it wasn't cheating.

The big problem is what looks to be an inability for the programming to make decisions in real time at high difficulty level.

It "knows" it has a window to react, but it seems as though the game momentarily freezes to analyze decisions in order for the programming to input commands. It's almost like it's making decisions too fast for itself at high difficulty.

It's the best way I can explain it.
    No response from mods since May 1😒.
    This shows how much the team is committed to support the game. no one's complaining about new content or rewards in this thread, we're asking to fix a bug which was present before the "sp not connecting after a combo" bug.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    1121893 wrote: »
    No response from mods since May 1😒.
    This shows how much the team is committed to support the game. no one's complaining about new content or rewards in this thread, we're asking to fix a bug which was present before the "sp not connecting after a combo" bug.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Bro the team IS committed, we are not the only ones having loads of problems.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Bro the team IS committed
    This isn’t the meme thread :/
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    taxs2qq4zdht.gif

Samsung S10+ (SM-G975W)
    Android 10
    AMs

Getting tired of these air punches.