Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

All About Bot Synergies

VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
After taking a considerable amount of time contemplating on every bots' available synergies and coming up with a proper team to put nearly each and every one of them in for the use and knowledge of the Forged to Fight community. These are my latest discoveries, improvements and overall recommendations made from my original list several months back.

Of course, some synergies amongst some bots are more obvious than others for them to be placed in a team. And if you'll immediately notice from my list. I do not have more than 1 bot of the same class in each team. The idea was to maximize the potential versatility in all situations and make full use of the 5-bots only missions. Each team on the list could also be converted to a 3-bots only setting for alliance missions, raids, arenas and even 2-bots only setting for Legends of Cybertron: Rise of Kolkular.

Beast Wars | Beast Purification
• Optimus Primal
• Scorponok
• Cheetor
• Rhinox
• Waspinator
Multiverse | Shield & Swordmasters
• Dinobot
• Drift
• Windblade
• Jetfire
• Mixmaster
Multiverse | Brothers In Arms
• Bumblebee (Tactician)
• Hot Rod
• Sideswipe
• Mirage
Generations | Brothers In Arms
• Optimus Prime (Tactician)
• Grimlock
• Jazz
• Ratchet
Generations | Till All Are One
• Ultra Magnus
• Arcee
• Prowl
• Blaster
Generations | Upgrades
• Bumblebee (Scout)
• Wheeljack
Generations | Starscream's Seekers
• Starscream
• Motormaster
• Bludgeon
• Kickback
• Ramjet
Generations | Hand Of Chaos
• Galvatron
• Cyclonus
• Tantrum
• Shockwave
Generations | The Fallen
• Megatronus
• Megatron (Tactician)
• Thundercracker
• Necrotronus
• Soundwave
Cinematic | Forged To Lead
• Megatron (Demolition)
• Grindor
• Bonecrusher
• Barricade
Cinematic | Medic Support
• Optimus Prime (Brawler)
• Hound
• Ironhide

As you can see, almost all bots are present within this list except for Nemesis Prime. I contemplated on providing Nemesis Prime an exception to the rule I've made for not having more than 1 bot of the same class and place him with the Hand of Chaos team as Nemesis Prime synergises with all of them except for Tantrum.

Team building is one of the more crucial and important aspects of this game where a bot's synergies could potentially propel said bot from mediocre to excellence or even, as they say, God-tier such as the famous Optimus Prime + Ratchet + Jazz synergy or the Swordmasters and Beast Purification.

This thread will serve as a guide for newer players to veterans alike. And any ideas / suggestions you may all provide below and we shall discuss further from there.

Thank you all for reading this and enjoy the thread!

Comments

• billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited May 2020
    love this post my man!

fwiw, any time you have Arcee, you should have Mirage imo. They're very good for each other. What you think of adding Mirage to "Generations | Till All Are One" or did you not want to do that because of it making two techs?
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited May 2020
    love this post my man!

fwiw, any time you have Arcee, you should have Mirage imo. They're very good for each other. What you think of adding Mirage to "Generations | Till All Are One" or did you not want to do that because of it making two techs?

Thank you @billygovols for the kind compliment to my post!

I agree, the Sharpshooters synergy between Arcee, Mirage and even Hound is quite awesome, adding a +30% critical rate on your range attacks is definitely beneficial for those above mentioned bots.

However, in the case for Arcee, I've felt that she already has quite a high critical chance on both her melee and range attacks. Thus further increasing that chance, although helpful, might not be as beneficial as compared to a direct increase to amour and attack as well as debuff damage as the 'Generations | Till All Are One' team currently provides for all bots.

For Mirage's case, his synergy with Hot Rod provides him a direct increase of +30% critical damage on all attacks. The Racing Rivals synergy is quite a substantial increase in overall damage output and certainly beneficial for both bots compared to an increased chance for range attacks to be critical hits.

What ties all of these factors together was, as mentioned, the rule of 1-bot-per-class-in-a-team-only mentality, a major factor in my decision making. From there the rule laid the groundworks for the rest of the team building.

Nevertheless, these are my thoughts on how and why each team came to be what they are in the end. Do feel free to experiment further though!
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    i really like your list there, perhaps separate the core team and supplementary team, for example: primal is core team, everyone else is supplementary and you can mix and choose. I'd love to see options to fill out the other 2-4 synergy teams
  • MystaJay wrote: »
    i really like your list there, perhaps separate the core team and supplementary team, for example: primal is core team, everyone else is supplementary and you can mix and choose. I'd love to see options to fill out the other 2-4 synergy teams

I've contemplated on creating a separate list, more of a fun and wackier team compositions. For example: Optimus Primal (core member) + Dinobot + Scorponok / Cheetor / Rhinox / Waspinator + Drift / Windblade + Jetfire / Mixmaster.

This team could specifically empower Dinobot to new heights, potentially competing with the likes of the top tier tacticians.

With these synergies now enabled. Dinobot could gain a +20% attack buff and instantly purify any damaging debuffs, have increased block proficiency and could power drain on perfect blocks, and an increased chance for critical hits and increased critical damage.

All this, alongside his existing abilities to armour break, armour pierce, unblockable hits via his signature, bleed on critical heavy attacks, gain an increased critical rate and could heal up to 12% health on his S.P.3.

As for the other incomplete team compositions, 2 - 4 bot teams as you've mentioned. One hope that I have is perhaps Kabam will release 'new' bots in the near future, even an original creation like Necrotronus. I'll then be able to potentially fill out the vacant space in these specific teams. Or I create a separate list, and forgo the rule of 1-bot-per-class-only. Thus allowing me to have more freedom in creating newer team compositions.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    @VectorSierraXÎX you are a gentleman and a scholar. Have you seen marvelsynergy.com? It would be cool if someone could make a page like that for tftf.
  • @VectorSierraXÎX you are a gentleman and a scholar. Have you seen marvelsynergy.com? It would be cool if someone could make a page like that for tftf.

Thank you for the kind compliment good sir! And yes, I've heard of marvelsynergy.com. The amount of dedication and details on that website is just incredible! I do have something similar in mind for such a page for Forged To Fight as well actually. And this thread acts as a first draft towards it in a way. I'll keep you all posted on further developments towards this!
  • PeasPeas Posts: 74
    Thanks for the work you put into this!!
  • Peas wrote: »
    Thanks for the work you put into this!!

I'm glad I could help out @Peas! Everything I've learned will be shared towards the betterment of the Forged to Fight community.

And if anyone's interested, here's a Sharkticon team below to be added to the list. Enjoy!

Sharkticons | Golden Frenzy
    • S-1000
    • Sharkticon Warrior
    • Sharkticon Tech
    • Sharkticon Demolition
    • Sharkticon Tactician
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    How about some tech team ranged damage crossover, like :

Shockwave
    Blaster
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Galvatron

This is a fun one
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited May 2020
    m00nshine wrote: »
    How about some tech team ranged damage crossover, like :

Shockwave
    Blaster
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Galvatron

This is a fun one

An interesting set of bot combinations to say the least. Thank you for the suggestion @m00nshine! However, if you truly want to have some real fun, go with Shockwave's Brain Gain synergies as below:

Generations | Brain Gain
    • Shockwave
    • Jetfire
    • Mirage
    • Blaster
    • Soundwave

Shockwave:
    - 25% increased attack rating against Demolition bots for himself and all tech bots.

Jetfire:
    - Shockwave heals 6% health with every 6 energy charges gained.

Mirage:
    - Shockwave drains 25% more power from shocked opponents.

Blaster:
    - Shockwave generates 3 energy charges at the start of the fight and every 25 seconds.

Soundwave:
    - Shockwave's Shocks last 25% longer.

This specific combination of bots allows Shockwave to drain the opponent's power to oblivion, completely denying the opponent of ever gaining a special attack while also enabling him to heal. If you play him right, Shockwave could never die. Even if you take some damage, you could potentially heal all the way back up to 100% health.

Shockwave is already a strong bot with a simple but an extremely effective set of utilities built into him. However with these set of synergies, it turns him into an absolute powerhouse of a bot.

Shockwave also has a 30% chance to stun the opponent if you have Wheeljack paired up with him, with every 3 or more shocks inflicted on the opponent simultaneously. 25% more damage on his shocks with Rhinox or energy charges lasting 25% longer with Ratchet.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Sure, I had assumed you left brain gain out since you wanted to focus on teams with bots from multiple classes.

But yea, the traditional brain gain is a good one as are the many stacked iterations of brain gain.
  • m00nshine wrote: »
    Sure, I had assumed you left brain gain out since you wanted to focus on teams with bots from multiple classes.

But yea, the traditional brain gain is a good one as are the many stacked iterations of brain gain.

I do have a separate list I could share besides my main bot synergies list. As mentioned, a more fun-centric team compositions like the empowered Dinobot, Sharkticons and Brain Gain. The full list of the teams I've showed so far are the complete ones. But any suggestions do help as well! It's better to be open-minded in discussions such as this.
  • billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    fwiw, the best Shocky team imo is Shocky, Blaster (5*), Blaster (4*), Jetfire, Ratchet or Soundwave.

You'll start the first with 12 charges and every time you get 6, which you will every 25 seconds, you'll heal. Enjoy!