Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why is the autofight AI so stupid?

This fight, Prime has more than triple the PI of Scorponok, but man, did he get beat up.

mhz232h8929k.png

I can see if their ratings are more equal, but wow.

jlh22fonwo3z.png

Comments

• MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    lol i feel you bro, my R5 OGP almost got KOed by a 3800 prowl!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    That's why they don't want to give us the auto complete feature for special missions.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    I personally don’t trust the ai. With autofight you’re asking it to do battle with itself. How do you know it won’t totally cheat you?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    I personally don’t trust the ai. With autofight you’re asking it to do battle with itself. How do you know it won’t totally cheat you?

Time consumption. Fully exploring all Spotlights is a chore
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

Do you also have fears of Skynet?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JKL wrote: »

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

You joke, but I kid you not, there’s a security company where I live named skynet. IM NOT JOKING. This is genuinely true.

You joke, but I kid you not, there’s a security company where I live named skynet. IM NOT JOKING. This is genuinely true.

Sarah Connor? Is that you?
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    1uc999khxsje.jpg
    @Decimus234 @JKL

To be fair they deliver my TF goodies.

But yeah F2F A.I Autofight is the dimwit brother of 8.4.0 a.i.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    1uc999khxsje.jpg
    @Decimus234 @JKL

To be fair they deliver my TF goodies.

But yeah F2F A.I Autofight is the dimwit brother of 8.4.0 a.i.

These people have an odd sense of humor.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited May 2020
    @Decimus234 @JKL
    31hdczhcek2d.png
    But just in case KABAM get iffy on us discussing non TF content
    sgt56s1a7qat.jpg
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Commander AI = Rehoboam

Kabam AI = Solomon
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Autofight needsto be babysat, otherwise they will hold an sp3 until they die, i have oftened wondered why the opponents ai is ninja like but when you hit autofight the ai forgets how to play, i believe somewhere in the process of leveling starscream said they had been observing how you fight and can emukate the way you play.. if that was the case They were watching someone else.... lets stand there and block through a hevy and gain power to the point of sp3 but never fire, never sidestep or back step,always block
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    if you intend to autofight, need to choose bots that AI does a good job with. 98% of my arena fights are autofight and I generally autofight raids cos I’m usually doing something else. Easy to hard spotlight are all autofights and some of expert too. Need to ensure that your bot has twice the pi of what it is going against. However, the only exception is megatronus where a 4* bot can take out a maxed 5*. Bots that aren’t good for autofight include OGP, Jazz, windblade cos AI is usually bad with those.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »

Everyone is chill until the starscream AI betrays you.

1qfs3hmcclps.png
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363

Sarah Connor? Is that you?

*terminator walks in*
    bozwynsg9zpn.png

Nuf said...
    MystaJay wrote: »
    bozwynsg9zpn.png

Nuf said...
    Funniest thing I’ve seen today. Rofl
    n0a0s0z32kg4.png

And... Here's my OGP vs fog tantrum on auto
    n0a0s0z32kg4.png

And... Here's my OGP vs fog tantrum on auto

That's pretty decent. I had a 2 -51 KO with the same match-up.
    edited May 2020
    so just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the tiering of AI in the game:

1) arena: clearly dumbest, same AI as autofight, usually 1:1 hit/getting-hit ratio on autofight, can't even complete a 5 hit combo

2) daily crystal, spotlight easy/medium/hard: usually 1:2 ratio

3) daily titan, fog, spotlight expert: roughly 1:3, normal-ish AI (note: my fog experience above is prob skewed due to OGP being a pretty dumb AI bot in general - i only autofight the boss and always with OGP, and AI has def power gain, and tantrum has unstoppable)

3-ish) AM mid difficulty: doesn't feel like this is top tier, pretty easy to land heavies, you generally have time to retaliate after eating a combo, generally not super aggressive

4) spotlight master / story chap 4: hard to gauge but feels like this is the hardest AI, if their range tags you they will dash in for 5 hit, after 5 hit they will back away, dodges heavies like a ninja, exploits mistakes like poorly timed dash or missing sp, little hesitation on triggering sp3

thoughts? esp on higher AM difficulties?
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    so just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the tiering of AI in the game:
    1) arena: clearly dumbest, same ai as autofight, usually 1:1 hit/getting-hit ratio on autofight
    2) daily crystal / spotlight easy/medium/hard: usually 1:2 ratio
    3) daily titan / fog: roughly 1:3
    3-ish) AM mid difficulty
    4) master / story chap 4: hard to gauge but feels like this is the hardest ai, if their range tags you they will dash in for 5 hit, after 5 hit they will back away, dodges heavies like a ninja, little hesitation on triggering sp3

thoughts? esp on higher AM difficulties?

I thought you DIDN'T have autofight AI in AM?
    Firebot wrote: »

I thought you DIDN'T have autofight AI in AM?

no, that's why i can't put down a ratio, it's just by feel
    edited May 2020
    Level 5) The first opponent of every RoKolk path
    Seriously, those guys are no joke
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Level 5) The first opponent of every RoKolk path
    Seriously, those guys are no joke

i'm trying to separate AI smartness with AI hp/atk, but i'm not surprised they put the hardest AI in LOC

how would you compare LOC3 to doing master with 4* for example, say ability to maintain your hit streak?

and anyone can comment on high diff AM?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    There’s no autofight in AM. What do you want a comment on?

I personally autorun arena and raids, easy to expert spotlight. Choosing bots with synergies really help too.
    edited May 2020
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    There’s no autofight in AM. What do you want a comment on?

I personally autorun arena and raids, easy to expert spotlight. Choosing bots with synergies really help too.

I believe he’s referring to enemy AIs, not autofight AIs

And as for the comparison between ROK2.5 Mirage and Spotlight, the AI moves incredibly smart and inhumanly fast. It’s nearly impossible to find a weak spot/opening in their attack