Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Homing dash attack from the AI

Seems that sometimes you can’t dodge the AI’s dash attack. Here I initiate a dodge in the middle of the attack, but still get pummeled.

mwmcr7v9i3dw.gif

I also have clips of my doing a dodge earlier in the attack with the same result. Most of the time I successfully dodge it, but every so often, this 👆

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I have noticed it happening more often now. It used just be common with Cheetor or Grimlock.

• MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    They must have tweaked the response time of the AI. It just means the AI was faster than you. Or they narrowed the dodge time window.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    I think Grindors is different from Cheetor and grimlock - those two stack melees that often even when you backstep the first you get tagged by the second due to the "reach" of the attack.

Grindor just seems to me in that when he dashes from far across the screen you frequently can't sidestep out of the way even when you actually do.

scout bee is similar
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Grindor, Bone crusher and Scout bee here
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    They must have tweaked the response time of the AI. It just means the AI was faster than you. Or they narrowed the dodge time window.

That doesn’t make any sense.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Darm0k wrote: »

Let me clarify, it means one of these things:

You have less time to dodge.

The AI is moving obscenely fast.

Both of these are likely. So just pick whatever reason you like.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited May 2020
    geiy10mkmsnx.gif

Maybe my sidestep could be delayed a fraction of a second but Drift clearly dashed first before Tronus started has sidestep.

I guess maybe the question is, when does the aim portion of the dash occur?
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Your side step probably occurred at the same time as the AI dashed forward. In that instance the AI is usually milliseconds faster.
    In your own words Drift dashed forward first before you side stepped
    Decimus234 wrote: »

Let me clarify, it means one of these things:

You have less time to dodge.

The AI is moving obscenely fast.

Both of these are likely. So just pick whatever reason you like.

Less time to dodge? I’m sidestepping in the middle of the dash. When is the time to dodge? Not to mention that I would say 9 times out of 10 I would be successful in dodging the dash. And what Mutantdoc said about response time... the AI is in the middle of a dash attack, they’re not supposed to be able to respond to anything other than launching a special.

Here’s a capture of me dodging mid AI dash

uf7ppf7csku5.jpeg
    Your side step probably occurred at the same time as the AI dashed forward. In that instance the AI is usually milliseconds faster.
    In your own words Drift dashed forward first before you side stepped

Are you arguing in favor of JKL? Drift dashed forward before he sidestepped, that’s what JKL is saying. He’s already dashing when he dodged and shouldn’t get hit.

So it’s in a sense like this - If you throw a rock at someone and they sidestep, your throw will miss. If they sidestep and then you throw, you can adjust your throw to where they moved to.

However, I say even if it’s milliseconds close, the bots shouldn’t be able to adjust that quickly. To make it fair... wait a minute, this is Kabam we’re talking about.

Anyways, in this capture:

xqa0mxzcuxvc.jpeg

You can see Drift in his dash attack and where Megatronus is on the battle field. Then mid dash, it curves to Megatronus’ new spot. That curve should not be possible.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    m00nshine wrote: »
    I think Grindors is different from Cheetor and grimlock - those two stack melees that often even when you backstep the first you get tagged by the second due to the "reach" of the attack.

Grindor just seems to me in that when he dashes from far across the screen you frequently can't sidestep out of the way even when you actually do.

scout bee is similar

time and time again i cannot double backstep fast enough to avoid cheetor's reach, whatsup with that?!
    @Kabam Vydious It usually takes a week for a Mod to respond but if the thread drops down it gets missed. I'm just tagging you to this thread. I think this is one thread that should get a review or at least a response.
  • I also get this Vs motormaster and wind blade , windblade was terrible in AM would not dodge and she also had unlockable or block was failing too.
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Anyways, in this capture:

xqa0mxzcuxvc.jpeg

You can see Drift in his dash attack and where Megatronus is on the battle field. Then mid dash, it curves to Megatronus’ new spot. That curve should not be possible.

This is great material... I've noticed this for sure, in 1.1 Drift. I'm interested in the mod response to this.
    G1 Bee always gets me, so I wanted to see if I could get the homing dash on video. The first fight.

do4ylvqcdmaj.gif
    Voltron wrote: »
    G1 Bee always gets me, so I wanted to see if I could get the homing dash on video. The first fight.

Wow, that’s one of the worst ones I’ve seen.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

do4ylvqcdmaj.gif

Wow. That’s def the worst case of this I’ve ever seen. At one point I swear Primal looks like his turned to his right in preparation to watch Bee sail by. What’s crazy to me is the varied mix of bot combinations where this happens. Some swear it’s this bot and another player will say for me it’s always these bots.
    This issue is becoming more prevalent. I think there's enough evidence in here that it warrants someone looking into it please @Kabam Vydious
    kw3wn0w8yijd.gif

Alright, one more. The sequence was clear. Bee dashed THEN Tronus sidestepped and Bee still kicked him.
    You can see the bend in this one. When Soundwave begins his dash attack, I’m above the pile of bricks. However, because he homed in on me, he ended up crashing right through them.

8fhwptb06htf.gif

ycv3ubi3uir3.jpeg
    anyone there?
  • Voltron wrote: »
    anyone there?

Gone home for the day. Come back tomorrow
    edited May 2020
    anyone there?

Gone home for the day. Come back tomorrow

lol.. you missed again

forgot my gif for you.
    200w_d.gif
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    this needs sorting ASAP. It's a nuisance with Grindor but now Dinobot and then Rhinox in AM have done it. Fix please
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited June 2020
    I have a feeling this might be linked to the "Tie-goes-to-everyone-but-really-Kabam-is-the-one-who-benefits" mechanic. You know when both bots collide and their hits connect? Maybe a similar thing is happening where that "Tie" window needs to be smaller for dashes.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Nah man, you can dodge before the dash happens but if there isn't much time difference, they readjust their trajectory. Same happens when they ghost through ranged shots I believe.
    Kabam hasn’t chimed in here yet have they?
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Is it just me, or do characters who use a sword during their standard melee attacks have along reach?

I could be wrong. Please tell me.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    SilverZA wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do characters who use a sword during their standard melee attacks have along reach?

I could be wrong. Please tell me.

Felt that about Grim and MTM as well but I’m not 100% sure
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    not all swords are equal, definitely grimlock and motor, you have to always double-backstep or you'll get stabbed. don't generally have issue with windblade, drift, bludgeon or dino all of which are actual swordmasters

and of course, cheetor, sometimes even double backstep is not enough... smh