Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How exactly do you kill R5 Scorp on tech console

I've killed lower level scorp before but at R5 (~27k hp, and mid tier sig would be 40-50% repair) and 3* tech console (R4 is 52.5% + 52.5% per 25% hp lost = 210%!!!) i just cannot whittle him down below 20%. Furthermore, 10 stacks of venom charges hit like a truck and getting tagged with backfire will absolutely kill you.

I thought since scorp doesn't heal from sp i would spam sp1, but by the time i build up to sp1 i've actually healed him plenty. ended up dying and using my 2nd bot to kill him before he gained a venom charge

Comments

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Some options: heal block bot like cheets or shocky, or use tronus and dance around and fire only specials. I suppose, Prowl would work if you can keep him from getting a bar and a venom charge.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    Prowl and Cheetah are not in my raid team and I'm not gonna bring them for 1/100 chance meet of a technoscorp
  • I actually use Scorponok himself to deal with this monster. I use a beast squad as my raid team consisting of rank 4 Primal, Wasp and Scorp. The beast purification helps to keep the shock damage received from expiring backfires at bay while I spam my Scorp's sp2. Eventually the opponent Scorp on tech console succumbs to my backfires. Until I reach two power bars, I just keep on evading and I attack when he's blocking (Since Scorp can't repair damage received when blocking).
    8t0awwoqg0ma.png
    (I still had my scorp at r3 when I took this shot :p )
    On the other hand, I had posed this question last month to none other than @BlackRazak himself. He replied that he would simply finish the fight as quickly as possible with his Motormaster's SP2's.
  • Vinod_7991Vinod_7991 Posts: 61
    The trick with defeating Scorponok on Tech Consoles is getting bots that do high DOT Debuff damage, like that on Bleeds, Shocks, Burns.

1) Although Grimlock’s Melee output is not that great, his Burn on SP1 causes quite some damage, and Scorponok will eventually succumb over time.

2) Shockwave’s Shocks are another great way to end the Scorpion King. Just don’t let Scorponok reach his SP1.

3) Soundwave’s constant ‘Shock on Heavy’, does the trick as you can play the entire game on his heavy’s. A bit unconventional but still works.

4) OGP’s permanent Armor Break on SP3, and Scorponok will bleed to death on crits. You don’t need to worry about his regeneration on bleeding.

5) Megatronus. His heavy inflicts large amounts of damage. Dark Burn on his heavy will win you that battle.

6) Scorponok himself. His Daze neutralises the opponent’s SP1. He can bleed, cause backfires consistently. He can be a winner if played right.

Out of all the options, I would still say Megatronus. He always gets the job done with ease. Good day.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Personally, I use Rhinox. Power lock on heavy, then hit him with a spec2 and watch his health melt away.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited May 2020
    I use Tantrum. His high melee damage+ special 2/3 tears through Scorponok's healing.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Transformator79 another option.
    When i raid and need a MM to take out other bots, Rhinox is a viable option, but so is Bonecrusher.
    As long as you keep dodging Scorponok and his heavies, SPs; and keep bleeding him, the fight will be brief.
    Tech Console be damned.
    Now that i think about it, even more effective than MM.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Cheetor kills him easily. Spam sp1 heal block and bleed. Dead in no time
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    MystaJay wrote: »
    Prowl and Cheetah are not in my raid team and I'm not gonna bring them for 1/100 chance meet of a technoscorp

Who’s on your raid team then?

Personally I think cheetor is best for scorp on tech console. The rest of bots you just need to keep dodging and inflicting DOT.
  • NorthernLightRCNorthernLightRC Posts: 118
    edited May 2020
    Galvatron or Tantrum. Build up to Spec 3 and hit him with it. 😁
    Seriously though, Galv's dark burn and spec damage will do it, and as said earlier, get Tant's melee buffs to 10 and the healing can't keep up with the damage.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    edited May 2020
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Personally I think cheetor is best for scorp on tech console. The rest of bots you just need to keep dodging and inflicting DOT.

My team is MV1, kb, ogp. Attempted with mv1 but sp1 just couldn't cut it (finished him off with second bot before he reached sp1) next time I'll use kb or ogp sp3
  • Edwardo76Edwardo76 Posts: 82
    Grimlock. He eats scorp, bone, wheeljack. I can’t imagine raiding without him. Prowl is almost always on my team too.

I just wish I had a tech console myself.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2020
    Another option... Use a bot that can stack buff its own attack (primal, mirage, Thundercracker, and especially GRINDOR). Just attack Scorp while he is blocking. His ability doesn't heal block damage. Grindor is EXCELLENT for this, as his Crit debuff gives him block penetration, and his power bar buffs his attack.

Primal is also good because he gains attack buffs as he punches away at a block.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited May 2020
    Faithz17 wrote: »

My team is MV1, kb, ogp. Attempted with mv1 but sp1 just couldn't cut it (finished him off with second bot before he reached sp1) next time I'll use kb or ogp sp3

Put the despair mastery to 3/3 and use Kickback or OGP bleeds
  • billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    Manthro wrote: »
    Another option... Use a bot that can stack buff its own attack (primal, mirage, Thundercracker, and especially GRINDOR). Just attack Scorp while he is blocking. His ability doesn't heal block damage. Grindor is EXCELLENT for this, as his Crit debuff gives him block penetration, and his power bar buffs his attack.

Primal is also good because he gains attack buffs as he punches away at a block.

Not sure if you're willing to change your raid squad but TC purifies all of Scorp's junk and he's a much better Grimlock.