Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Choose your Brawler!

I need to take one of these guys to R3, but they've mostly got similar stats. Help me out, y'all! All of them are Awakened.

Choose your Brawler! 34 votes

Grindor (Sig Level 10)
5%
JIMMY_SABRajesjohn 2 votes
MV1 (Sig Level 5)
52%
TsunamiMeshatariBeastdadParadoxFuryUmairKhan05OptimalOptimus_MV1Sycko5Transformator79Hijacker2531I_am_awesomeNorrieMystaJayDontknow9Vinod_7991Cr4zy_WheeljackMegaStrikersyorkdredТри44 18 votes
Grimlock (Sig Level 2)
41%
DrShotgunDaveJLDarkMatrixBlackRazakbillygovolsPeasStarkiller7ChaosDogmaSlayerTechnobotKittenFirebotArklaineSodaStereo 14 votes

Comments

• MV1 (Sig Level 5)
    Mv1 is pretty dang good. It is helpful when his sig activates. You can get some pretty great damage from it and great survivability for seven seconds, which can really help at some points.
  • ChaosDogmaChaosDogma Posts: 46
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)
    When duped grimlock is a beast. He has high damage specials, and can ramp up melee damage if you are keen on spamming heavies from time to time
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    MV1 (Sig Level 5)
    Personally, I would go for MV1. Don't get me wrong Grimlock is a beast but u need to awaken him. Here, MV1 has an advantage and that is he can repair his health if he's bleeding, plus he doesn't need to be awakened for that purpose. Grimlock is a beast in most situations but MV1 proves to be better against long fights, especially against Bonecrusher. His SP1 can also deal an insane amount of damage based on lost health. Personally, I also find it hard to use those heavies all the time in order to refresh those melee buffs for Grimlock and sometimes I get tagged because of it. Both are very good in my opinion overall, but I would go for MV1 in order to rank up.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Alright everyone, MV1 wins with 10 Votes! Thank you all so much, I'll definitely Rank Up Grimlock once I get a few more T2 Alpha Sparks.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)
    MV1 is useless. Grimlock scales a lot better at higher levels
    DaveJL wrote: »

I've already Ranked Up MV1 though, Grimlock is definitely next.
  • MV1 (Sig Level 5)

You are so wrong if you think Mv1 is useless.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)

If only there was a super agree react
  • MV1 (Sig Level 5)
    Kitten wrote: »

If only there was a super agree react

*super disagree react

As a neutral party, I don't think MV1 is useless, it's just that he's not as versatile as Grimlock. My main issue with Grim is that I have to use a Heavy every 5 seconds to retain my Melee Buffs, and that leaves me open to an enemy combo. MV1 can also deal heavy damage more reliably and consistently (dat Sp1 tho!) but Grim is completely immune to all damaging Debuffs, and when forced into a corner his Heavy attack works like Force Shield. Both Bots are very useful in all types of situations, it just depends on which one you're more comfortable using.
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)

As a neutral party, I don't think MV1 is useless, it's just that he's not as versatile as Grimlock. My main issue with Grim is that I have to use a Heavy every 5 seconds to retain my Melee Buffs, and that leaves me open to an enemy combo. MV1 can also deal heavy damage more reliably and consistently (dat Sp1 tho!) but Grim is completely immune to all damaging Debuffs, and when forced into a corner his Heavy attack works like Force Shield. Both Bots are very useful in all types of situations, it just depends on which one you're more comfortable using.

MV1 is good against Bonecrusher and Bonecrusher only, but even Bonecrushers bleed will out DPS his willpower at high levels. Grim will take a single ticks worth of damage, so at higher levels it's unlikely he will be out DPS'd. Don't worry about refreshing the melee buffs, they don't add that much on anyway. If you can refresh them then great, if not then play normally.

MV1 doesn't do anything the other brawler bots can't already do - his willpower gimmick isn't enough when the heat gets turned up, so on dps and armour alone, Tantrum outclasses him by a long way, Grindor also shines and Thundercracker is better by a mile.

Grimlock is only useful for purification, but at least he has a use.
    edited May 2020
    MV1 (Sig Level 5)

MV1 is good against Bonecrusher and Bonecrusher only, but even Bonecrushers bleed will out DPS his willpower at high levels. Grim will take a single ticks worth of damage, so at higher levels it's unlikely he will be out DPS'd. Don't worry about refreshing the melee buffs, they don't add that much on anyway. If you can refresh them then great, if not then play normally.

MV1 doesn't do anything the other brawler bots can't already do - his willpower gimmick isn't enough when the heat gets turned up, so on dps and armour alone, Tantrum outclasses him by a long way, Grindor also shines and Thundercracker is better by a mile.

I think we are only talking here about Grindor, MV1 and Grimlock. There's no need to compare any of them to either Tantrum or Thundercracker. If you really love Grimlock, that doesn't mean you can say that MV1 is useless. Every person has its own way of playing. To be honest, I also love Grimlock as he can purify any damaging debuff but I have to spam a heavy every 5 sec in order to refresh his melee buffs. As a person who doesn't use heavy attacks a lot, I would rather use MV1 than Grimlock coz I often get tagged when I use Grimlock as I have to constantly focus on spamming heavies. So, I would go with MV1(don't forget the damage he can do on his SP1) and I don't believe the fact that Bonecrusher's Bleeds cannot be countered by his Willpower coz I have seen a user clear the path of Bonecrusher in RISE OF KOLKULAR(LOC3) and he had MV1 and Jazz on his team. Truth is, no bot in this game is USELESS(yes not even Hound now that he's got buffed). It all depends on ur playstyle.
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)

I think we are only talking here about Grindor, MV1 and Grimlock. There's no need to compare any of them to either Tantrum or Thundercracker. If you really love Grimlock, that doesn't mean you can say that MV1 is useless. Every person has its own way of playing. To be honest, I also love Grimlock as he can purify any damaging debuff but I have to spam a heavy every 5 sec in order to refresh his melee buffs. As a person who doesn't use heavy attacks a lot, I would rather use MV1 than Grimlock coz I often get tagged when I use Grimlock as I have to constantly focus on spamming heavies. So, I would go with MV1(don't forget the damage he can do on his SP1) and I don't believe the fact that Bonecrusher's Bleeds cannot be countered by his Willpower coz I have seen a user clear the path of Bonecrusher in RISE OF KOLKULAR(LOC3) and he had MV1 and Jazz on his team. Truth is, no bot in this game is USELESS(yes not even Hound now that he's got buffed). It all depends on ur playstyle.

I don't love Grimlock, he's just better and has more use at higher levels than MV1 because of his purification ability. MV1's sp1 isn't all that great. If you've taken enough damage to ramp the damage up then fine, but I don't think a bot that requires you to be low HP is good at high level because it requires perfect play, which if you got that low in the first place, you can't do.

MV1 is good for taking out Bonecrusher in raids, that's it. He wont cut it at high level AM (any better than any other basic bot anyway) and he wont help on the left side really and if someone took out loc3 BC with an MV1 then they did something pretty special.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Grindor (Sig Level 10)
    I voted for Grindor — mostly because I like the way he moves and his recent rebalance gave him some useful utility (SP lock). This after using both MV1 and Grim at R5/MF for extended periods of time. To each their own of course. We all apply different context when making our “best bot” case.

MV1 (Sig Level 5)

I don't love Grimlock, he's just better and has more use at higher levels than MV1 because of his purification ability. MV1's sp1 isn't all that great. If you've taken enough damage to ramp the damage up then fine, but I don't think a bot that requires you to be low HP is good at high level because it requires perfect play, which if you got that low in the first place, you can't do.

MV1 is good for taking out Bonecrusher in raids, that's it. He wont cut it at high level AM (any better than any other basic bot anyway) and he wont help on the left side really and if someone took out loc3 BC with an MV1 then they did something pretty special.

Well, who said MV1 is best to take out Bonecrusher in raids?? I personally always use Grimlock in Raids. I never even think of MV1 to keep me company in Raids. And yes, who is willing to Intentionally allow their bots like MV1 to take damage so that they are first at low health and then only you can use him?? I personally, will never do that. You don't mean that MV1 is only good at low HP?? Coz the truth is that MV1 just becomes BETTER at low health which helps you survive in a fight and end it as quickly as you can. Isn't this ability of a bot useful?? And if you are talking of AMs, there the attack of a bot is very high at high levels, so much that one hit is almost enough to kill you. At that point if you take on Bonecrusher, then Grimlock would be a better option. And this game has more to it, than just the AMs. I am talking of the overall usefulness of a bot in any and every situation. In that case, MV1 would be a better bot for me as he suits my playstyle tho Grimlock is ideal in a lot of situations. And if u talk of LOC missions, then I would better take MV1 than Grimlock coz I am not extremely good at keeping combos up. I eventually get tagged. In that case, Grimlock can't Repair up the damage taken, whereas MV1 CAN do that and more importantly, u cannot put more than one stack of bleed on MV1 at a time, so that really helps his Willpower ability in order to make him last long in a fight. For a guy who can't keep up combos a lot of times and who doesn't use heavies much, MV1 is best suited for me and remember this discussion is about the overall usefulness of a bot and not about which bot is best against Bonecrusher.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Speaking of MV1, has anyone tested him at higher AM levels? I can barely keep up with BC’s bleeds at my alliance’s current levels, and I haven’t fought BC for a while since my BGmates are much faster than me. I dunno, maybe I’ll swap him out when I get ThunderChad
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)

Well, who said MV1 is best to take out Bonecrusher in raids?? I personally always use Grimlock in Raids. I never even think of MV1 to keep me company in Raids. And yes, who is willing to Intentionally allow their bots like MV1 to take damage so that they are first at low health and then only you can use him?? I personally, will never do that. You don't mean that MV1 is only good at low HP?? Coz the truth is that MV1 just becomes BETTER at low health which helps you survive in a fight and end it as quickly as you can. Isn't this ability of a bot useful?? And if you are talking of AMs, there the attack of a bot is very high at high levels, so much that one hit is almost enough to kill you. At that point if you take on Bonecrusher, then Grimlock would be a better option. And this game has more to it, than just the AMs. I am talking of the overall usefulness of a bot in any and every situation. In that case, MV1 would be a better bot for me as he suits my playstyle tho Grimlock is ideal in a lot of situations. And if u talk of LOC missions, then I would better take MV1 than Grimlock coz I am not extremely good at keeping combos up. I eventually get tagged. In that case, Grimlock can't Repair up the damage taken, whereas MV1 CAN do that and more importantly, u cannot put more than one stack of bleed on MV1 at a time, so that really helps his Willpower ability in order to make him last long in a fight. For a guy who can't keep up combos a lot of times and who doesn't use heavies much, MV1 is best suited for me and remember this discussion is about the overall usefulness of a bot and not about which bot is best against Bonecrusher.

Yes, and I'm saying MV1 is specifically designed to counter Bonecrusher (or bleeds), Grimlock is specifically designed to counter all damaging debuffs of any kind, hence me saying Grimlock is more useful. MV1's willpower can't keep up with high damage bleeds at the higher levels, which is where I play. I assume the majority of people are progressing toward end game content, so I'm saying the closer you get to that end game, the less useful MV1 becomes.

If you use the willpower mastery, then that basically means every bot can do what MV1 does. The power gain is nice from multiple bleeds (but really unless you make a mistake, the only scenario where you will be bled multiple times will be fighting Bonecrusher), hence me saying that MV1 is only useful against Bonecrusher and is then reduced to being only as good as the average bot...

He's not BAD, but he's not good and he's not better than Grimlock as the game progresses, IMO.
    Grindor (Sig Level 10)
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Speaking of MV1, has anyone tested him at higher AM levels? I can barely keep up with BC’s bleeds at my alliance’s current levels, and I haven’t fought BC for a while since my BGmates are much faster than me. I dunno, maybe I’ll swap him out when I get ThunderChad

I’ve used a MF/R5 MV1 vs BC at D75 and you are right, he cannot keep up with his bleeds — obviously even harder as D lvl goes up. I find it best to save up for SP2 and launch it when the Bleed timer is about halfway done. Even in a Perfect fight where I healed 3 times using SP2, I walked away with about 25% health. I know some players just keep distance and pretty much range BC to death to avoid triggering bleeds but that is also a lot to ask. Although not impossible.
    Grindor (Sig Level 10)

I assume the majority of people are progressing toward end game content, so I'm saying the closer you get to that end game, the less useful MV1 becomes.

The crucial part of these best bot conversations. So much depends on where you are and where you are looking to go next in the game.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    MV1 (Sig Level 5)
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

I’ve used a MF/R5 MV1 vs BC at D75 and you are right, he cannot keep up with his bleeds — obviously even harder as D lvl goes up. I find it best to save up for SP2 and launch it when the Bleed timer is about halfway done. Even in a Perfect fight where I healed 3 times using SP2, I walked away with about 25% health. I know some players just keep distance and pretty much range BC to death to avoid triggering bleeds but that is also a lot to ask. Although not impossible.

have you tried it with grimlock? how does he fair?
    MV1 (Sig Level 5)

Yes, and I'm saying MV1 is specifically designed to counter Bonecrusher (or bleeds), Grimlock is specifically designed to counter all damaging debuffs of any kind, hence me saying Grimlock is more useful. MV1's willpower can't keep up with high damage bleeds at the higher levels, which is where I play. I assume the majority of people are progressing toward end game content, so I'm saying the closer you get to that end game, the less useful MV1 becomes.

If you use the willpower mastery, then that basically means every bot can do what MV1 does. The power gain is nice from multiple bleeds (but really unless you make a mistake, the only scenario where you will be bled multiple times will be fighting Bonecrusher), hence me saying that MV1 is only useful against Bonecrusher and is then reduced to being only as good as the average bot...

He's not BAD, but he's not good and he's not better than Grimlock as the game progresses, IMO.

It's true what u r saying that Grimlock can purify any damaging debuff. Everyone's opinion is different. Other than bleeds, I suppose there r only burns and shocks. Where burns can be purified by Mirage and shocks by the scouts, so its good that all this can be done by Grimlock which makes him a great utility bot, but I like to do these purifications more with other bots. Grimlock doesn't come in my main squad tho he's maxed out. I like using him only in Raids. To be true, overall Grimlock is better but I chose MV1 just because he suits my playstyle more. Moreover, in a squad I can have other bots which can purify those Shocks and burns. Only in LOC3 is where u take only two bots. But, as I said it depends on everyone's playstyle. That's why I chose MV1 over Grimlock :)
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Actually turning into an interesting conversation, even if it's maybe not what was intended...

I am ramping up my TC to replace MV1 in my AM team because as others have said, even tho he should be awesome against BC, he still suffers and I've walked out of "perfect" fights with only 30-40% health remaining too many times.

Somewhat ironically, though, I find MV1 is the best counter for me for LOC3 Bonecrusher, maybe because the fight is so long you have time to recover even though the bleeds are punishing. I think in the fight below I walked out with ~60% health. I'll compare with TC once I max him...

zofhgoqwecgh.jpg

TC not faring badly (R5, F80), but for me still feeling like MV1 is the MVP for this fight...

t876zbsbtq2o.jpg

lzytm6eotksb.jpg

Grindor (Sig Level 10)
    MystaJay wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

have you tried it with grimlock? how does he fair?

Only a couple times. He’s def better in terms of handling the bleeds now that his purify is a little quicker to kick in. I also think Grim’s ranged heavy gives him an edge compared to MV1. Can’t tell you how many times I landed a heavy with MV1, only to trigger a crit/bleed only to then frantically chase after BC trying to heal.
  • Vinod_7991Vinod_7991 Posts: 61
    MV1 (Sig Level 5)

I’ve used R5 MV1, R5 Grimlock and R5 Thundercracker on the left side of the AM Map on D82. I can sum up this discussion in a few lines:

1) MV1: Whilst playing D82 AM, it was a tad difficult for me to play the battle against BC, as even though you have a perfect game, you are bound to lose health. I started games against BC at 100%, and ended the game with 70-60%, and this was in fact a Perfect game, and included MV1 getting back his lost health. MV1 still works, 100%, but at the cost of losing some of your health, you decide.

2) Grimlock: Grimlock let’s us be fearless against BC. His purify is a massive advantage when playing against BC. Now here’s the interesting part, there were a few games where I kept relentlessly attacking using Grimlock, and his health went down drastically with the Bleeds that BC was hitting him with. There was a point where, in a perfect game against TC, I went down from 100% to 56%. All this happened just because of Bleeds that hit Grimlock before he purified. So even Grimlock is flawed.

3) Thundercracker: Although he has a unconventional style to be used, he gets the job done superbly well. He’s infact is so good that you can take BC noded from either end in D82. His purify is powerful, has a superb defence ability, BC’s mod is rendered useless if you’re blocking, plus he doesn’t bleed by himself as he doesn’t crit.

In the overall opinion, all the 3 bots work as long as you understand when and how to use them. I personally still say TC, but MV1 and Grim are not far behind, if you’re willing to taken certain amount of damage.

Thanks.
    MV1 (Sig Level 5)
    Vinod_7991 wrote: »

I’ve used R5 MV1, R5 Grimlock and R5 Thundercracker on the left side of the AM Map on D82. I can sum up this discussion in a few lines:

1) MV1: Whilst playing D82 AM, it was a tad difficult for me to play the battle against BC, as even though you have a perfect game, you are bound to lose health. I started games against BC at 100%, and ended the game with 70-60%, and this was in fact a Perfect game, and included MV1 getting back his lost health. MV1 still works, 100%, but at the cost of losing some of your health, you decide.

2) Grimlock: Grimlock let’s us be fearless against BC. His purify is a massive advantage when playing against BC. Now here’s the interesting part, there were a few games where I kept relentlessly attacking using Grimlock, and his health went down drastically with the Bleeds that BC was hitting him with. There was a point where, in a perfect game against TC, I went down from 100% to 56%. All this happened just because of Bleeds that hit Grimlock before he purified. So even Grimlock is flawed.

3) Thundercracker: Although he has a unconventional style to be used, he gets the job done superbly well. He’s infact is so good that you can take BC noded from either end in D82. His purify is powerful, has a superb defence ability, BC’s mod is rendered useless if you’re blocking, plus he doesn’t bleed by himself as he doesn’t crit.

In the overall opinion, all the 3 bots work as long as you understand when and how to use them. I personally still say TC, but MV1 and Grim are not far behind, if you’re willing to taken certain amount of damage.

Thanks.

Thanks @Vinod_7991 for ur overview on these three Brawler bots..really helped me in knowing them better :)
    Grimlock (Sig Level 2)
    m00nshine wrote: »
    TC not faring badly (R5, F80), but for me still feeling like MV1 is the MVP for this fight...

t876zbsbtq2o.jpg

lzytm6eotksb.jpg

With that said though, if you fight perfectly (which yeah, it's hard) then you would still come out better than if you used MV1. I've beaten BC with TC in LoC3 but it's not easy at all.

MV1 definitely allows room for error there, and I'm surprised it's enough room to get to the end of a fight. I'd be interested to see what Grimlock with willpower could do.
    Went back in this morning for another go after maxing TC and got a little lucky with a good fight.

At the end, with 24 melee stacks, starseeker kicked in, assassin, etc he was doing 9k lights and 11.5k mediums, about 45-50k damage in a 5-hit melee combo.

He's certainly more interesting and enjoyable to play than MV1 as you need to do a little work to keep those melee buffs up.

Admittedly, outside of RoK3, not likely to be able to ramp him up that much since the opponents just die too fast, but after subbing him into AM and playing around with him more, TC gets my vote for best brawler with crazy damage potential and a safety net for purification.

zk1v9ejiwqms.jpg

qbwc8tidc73n.jpg