Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dark field fails to activate bug

Okay, this time I set it to the correct bugs and known issues category. Cyclonus’ dark field fails to activate sometimes against Motormaster’s unstoppable (I’m sure it happens against others with it too, but this is my usual matchup and where I see it).

d0jrvjns73fx.gif

Please, no comments about standing still.
Tagged:

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Another example.

Device: iPhone XS and iPad Minj 3rd Gen
    Connection: 1 GB WiFi and LTE4G

6yrjiibpeasj.gif
  • Hey there, would you be able to tell us what modes those fights were in?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hey there, would you be able to tell us what modes those fights were in?

Thanks for the response. My last few posts on it have been in AM. However I have gotten it in arenas (but now I rarely get that match up if even) and solo missions (don’t take him on those anymore).

iPad with latest iOS version and TFTF version.
    Actually had a matchup in arenas. Here it is failing

hkmadjpf4hsf.gif

And

ipuicqjz136x.gif

In this one, you can see it failing and then a few seconds later, it works doing the exact same thing.

4hxvukqq8q77.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Just some happenings over this past AM...

Thursday

d0eneoowqv3l.gif

feldhej6zibu.gif

And from Friday

wzf9kygzuleq.gif
    On Saturday it hurt a little more

uo6jz4efbowm.gif

lp0mbw2udfmg.gif

1tegaqmzhewi.gif

• CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    This behavior annoys me as well. And I really don't mean to be a smartaleck -- I saw your note about not commenting on standing still. But standing still does seem to be the main factor here.

The TFTF game engine seems to prioritize motion over position in these cases. It's why we can backstep/sidestep attacks that are so much right on top of us that the attack is actually drawn over our bot. (Backstepping into a wall, to use a common example.)

I worry that "fixing" the Motormaster dash issue might have the unintended consequence of messing up our ability to backstep out of an attack that's right on top of us.
    This was Sunday

xinqrikfshas.gif

It was close, but I’ll admit that I was probably too far away. Just wanted to post something for the last day of AM. 😇
    This was from an older fight.

0hu886cnwnnk.gif

It’s weird, did his unstoppable dash always stack on top of his S2 unstoppable? I seem to recall in the past that Cyclonus’ dark field would cancel it all out on the dash.
    This behavior annoys me as well. And I really don't mean to be a smartaleck -- I saw your note about not commenting on standing still. But standing still does seem to be the main factor here.

I wouldn’t put it past Kabam programming. However, it has failed for me, too, while standing still when I was testing things (posted a gif about that in the other thread).

Anyways, here’s one for a laugh. When dark field works when it’s least expected.

ptl91b64e8ve.gif
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    My only problem with cyclonus is that his dark field doesn't work especially when you're getting beat up real bad.

This is my problem in Samsung Galaxy tab A(2017).
    SilverZA wrote: »
    My only problem with cyclonus is that his dark field doesn't work especially when you're getting beat up real bad.

This is my problem in Samsung Galaxy tab A(2017).

You mean when he fills a power bar and not during an unstoppable dash? That’s not good either. You should try recording it and posting.
    I worry that "fixing" the Motormaster dash issue might have the unintended consequence of messing up our ability to backstep out of an attack that's right on top of us.

Just noticed this part. Yeah, I wouldn’t put it past something like this happening.
    This bug can really be a killer in AM I tell ya.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Darm0k wrote: »
    This bug can really be a killer in AM I tell ya.

Especially against characters who have Unstoppable.
    SilverZA wrote: »
    Especially against characters who have Unstoppable.

Yes yes, that is true. 🤔