Home General Discussion

AM rank result

Is there any chance that using the revive or repair kit during an AM, we're affecting the final rank results?
I've never seen nothing about on the forum.

Comments

  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,397
    Pretty sure not. But who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 315
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Pretty sure not. But who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I really doubt that AM revive kits and repair kits affect your points, but maybe.....

    >:)
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 133
    Is there any chance that using the revive or repair kit during an AM, we're affecting the final rank results?
    I've never seen nothing about on the forum.

    What alliance you're in ?
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 472
    Is there any chance that using the revive or repair kit during an AM, we're affecting the final rank results?
    I've never seen nothing about on the forum.

    I don't think it affects the points (and hence your rank) earned by defeating bots on the AM map cuz at the end compare two alliance missions using and without using kits or not even fighting (only YOU) and the map still cleared by the other BG members IT will still be the same
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,397
    It’s funny, you’d think one of them mods would be able to quickly chime in here and give us a simple answer.
  • Item use does not affect points in AM
  • JKLJKL Posts: 992
    Item use does not affect points in AM

    What does affect those 1 or 2 point discrepancies that happens even though you say the same level?

    You can play the same level all week but some days, you lose a point or two compared to the others.
  • Edwardo76Edwardo76 Posts: 78
    JKL wrote: »
    Item use does not affect points in AM

    What does affect those 1 or 2 point discrepancies that happens even though you say the same level?

    You can play the same level all week but some days, you lose a point or two compared to the others.

    Are all 6 players reaching the final node and reclaiming their bots?
  • Well, I've noticed even a difference of points between the three battlegoups. We're always doing 100% in all of them but I can't explain that difference.
  • Could it be because of the sinergies or the Bots that we are using for the AM?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,938
    Doubtful. There was a 4-alliance-tie before so I don’t think there’s no factor that affects points
  • Clark_kentClark_kent Posts: 80
    the point is : how kabam determine who Alliance got the first in top rewards of they are doing the same D100 and finishing 100% all 4 days ? @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
  • JKLJKL Posts: 992
    Clark_kent wrote: »
    the point is : how kabam determine who Alliance got the first in top rewards of they are doing the same D100 and finishing 100% all 4 days ? @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike

    They answered this for the old map already. If the random point loss doesn't come into play, then it's just random placement for those that have the same total week score.
  • Jhn314Jhn314 Posts: 13
    JKL wrote: »
    What does affect those 1 or 2 point discrepancies that happens even though you say the same level?

    I suspect it's because of rounding when you need multiple fights to kill a bot, when the number of points for a bot doesn't line up nicely with its health.

    A simple example: if a hypothetical bot has 1000 health and gives 500 points, you would get the entire 500 points if you kill it in one fight. However, if you die twice and need 3 fights to kill it, and happen to do 333, 333 and 334 damage in those 3 fights, you should get 166.5, 166.5 and 167 points respectively in them. If the game awards only 'whole' points (effectively rounding everything down), then you would get only 166 + 166 + 167 = 499 points for your kill of that bot.

    In most AM runs, at least some bots will be fought multiple times before they are down. I expect it's those fights that cause the minor differences in points for a run.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,397
    Imagine you lost a point because of .49 vs .50 and you got rounded down.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,784
    All terrific points (no pun) by the above guys.

    Dunno if this has been discussed (i realise there's usually a ONE point difference between BGs that do 100%, with ONE BG being the odd one out), but this is even weirder.
    All 3 BGs do 100% D50, all get different scores.
    sirbx9xff0ee.png


  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,076
    JKL wrote: »
    Item use does not affect points in AM

    What does affect those 1 or 2 point discrepancies that happens even though you say the same level?

    You can play the same level all week but some days, you lose a point or two compared to the others.

    It depends on if the enemy is killed in one go, or multiple tries. Seems a decimal rounding thing.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 992
    Jhn314 wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »
    What does affect those 1 or 2 point discrepancies that happens even though you say the same level?

    I suspect it's because of rounding when you need multiple fights to kill a bot, when the number of points for a bot doesn't line up nicely with its health.

    A simple example: if a hypothetical bot has 1000 health and gives 500 points, you would get the entire 500 points if you kill it in one fight. However, if you die twice and need 3 fights to kill it, and happen to do 333, 333 and 334 damage in those 3 fights, you should get 166.5, 166.5 and 167 points respectively in them. If the game awards only 'whole' points (effectively rounding everything down), then you would get only 166 + 166 + 167 = 499 points for your kill of that bot.

    In most AM runs, at least some bots will be fought multiple times before they are down. I expect it's those fights that cause the minor differences in points for a run.

    LOL, that was my original theory on it months and months ago. I posted about it before when it was the previous map but we never got an official answer from Kabam.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,076
    JKL wrote: »

    ... but we never got an official answer from Kabam.
    Because we know the game better than Kabam.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    A mod mentioned one time that there's a system in place that doesn't allow for exact ties. They didn't say exactly how it works but I'm guessing this could be it. The difference in points is small enough that it doesn't effect rank rewards but if alliances tie in difficulty level it automatically ranks them in a different spot, hence the reason sometimes alliances who run d100 get first, sometimes they get second. It's probably set up in a way where it would never effect rank reward groups. And its probably decided by some kind of rng. One or two alliances get gyped a point but it really doesn't matter.

    And I could be completely wrong. They never said exactly how it works. I just think this idea makes sense.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 992
    asparagus wrote: »
    A mod mentioned one time that there's a system in place that doesn't allow for exact ties. They didn't say exactly how it works but I'm guessing this could be it. The difference in points is small enough that it doesn't effect rank rewards but if alliances tie in difficulty level it automatically ranks them in a different spot, hence the reason sometimes alliances who run d100 get first, sometimes they get second. It's probably set up in a way where it would never effect rank reward groups. And its probably decided by some kind of rng. One or two alliances get gyped a point but it really doesn't matter.

    And I could be completely wrong. They never said exactly how it works. I just think this idea makes sense.

    Yeah, they said that but I don't think it has to do with the point loss. I've seen the point loss happen on the 1st day. Don't think you can say there is going to be a tie based on the first day.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 315
    I think it is just performance and the bot ratings you used.

    Maybe?
Sign In or Register to comment.