Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need Some ROTK Advice

I plan on taking on Revenge of The King in a month or two. As there are a lot of players who have already crossed it, I would like to have some advice which would help me to cross it easily :) I will appreciate any help possible from the community. Thank You.

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Save up some energon and kits for Shockwave, Wasp and Blaster. That’s all
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited June 2020
    What does your roster look like? Really you can beat the entire thing with a strong megatronus, wheeljack, or the rat/ogprime synergy. Other than that, like gonzo said, the bots he mentioned can be a pain. Also a good warrior to take down prowl asap is good. Primal, the first fight is one of the tougher ones too depending on your roster and experience. And save up some energon/potions and do some practice runs.

But really, let us know what your roster looks like so we can make some team suggestions or who else you should think about ranking or forging.
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    asparagus wrote: »
    What does your roster look like? Really you can beat the entire thing with a strong megatronus, wheeljack, or the rat/ogprime synergy. Other than that, like gonzo said, the bots he mentioned can be a pain. Also a good warrior to take down prowl asap is good. Primal, the first fight is one of the tougher ones too depending on your roster and experience. And save up some energon/potions and do some practice runs.

But really, let us know what your roster looks like so we can make some team suggestions or who else you should think about ranking or forging.

Yeah I think I forgot my roster. So, here are my top bots..
    q8q70s1a638k.jpg

dkwxz1qu8zp9.jpg

h6ws9omurjcf.jpg

The last pic is of the 4 stars whom I can't focus on much as most of my resources go in leveling and ranking up 5 stars these days. So, if anyone of these would be very useful, do let me know. I look forward to all the team suggestions :)
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited June 2020
    Honestly rotk is pretty dated. It calls for certain bots for situations like the problem bots that me and gunzo mentioned, but if you keep pumping up that ogprime and run him with rat(heal), tronus(attack) and ogmt(attack) you can beat the entire thing with him alone.

It's a marathon mission so marathon bots that heal and mitigate damage are just the best all-around. That wj is good too. Pump him up and boost for the wasp battle. He can be good for blaster too because force shield will help you deal with his ranged and spc2 attacks.

If I were running it today with that roster my team would be ogprime, rat, ogmt, tronus, and wheeljack.

Edit* Mirage would be great for dealing with wasp and maybe blaster too. I'd consider slotting him in instead of either 4* tronus or 4* ogmt. They'd just be there for attack synergy for ogprime.
    Honestly rotk is pretty dated. It calls for certain bots for situations like the problem bots that me and gunzo mentioned, but if you keep pumping up that ogprime and run him with rat(heal), tronus(attack) and ogmt(attack) you can beat the entire thing with him alone.

It's a marathon mission so marathon bots that heal and mitigate damage are just the best all-around. That wj is good too. Pump him up and boost for the wasp battle. He can be good for blaster too because force shield will help you deal with his ranged and spc2 attacks.

If I were running it today with that roster my team would be ogprime, rat, ogmt, tronus, and wheeljack.

Edit* Mirage would be great for dealing with wasp and maybe blaster too. I'd consider slotting him in instead of either 4* tronus or 4* ogmt. They'd just be there for attack synergy for ogprime.

Thanks a lot!! Just wondering what do you think of Scorponok against Wasp, Blaster and Shockwave??
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

Thanks a lot!! Just wondering what do you think of Scorponok against Wasp, Blaster and Shockwave??

I personally used Scorponok against Prowl. Didn't have to worry so much about the SP2.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644

I personally used Rhino’s spec1 against bots like Wasp to temporarily disable the mods they were on... which made those battles much less stressful.

Also, don’t make the mistake I did....

cjo2ichnxp9a.jpeg
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Sideswipe might be useful against those DOT shock bots. You already have him ranked up.

Like others mentioned, the rewards are outdated, I wouldn't spend energon to beat this now. Use it 100% Act 4 (so you can buy 5* Tronus) and/or rare resources that will help you level up bots. You can always come back to ROTK when your roster is better prepared.
    I only did ROTK for bragging rights ;)
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

I personally used Scorponok against Prowl. Didn't have to worry so much about the SP2.

I didn’t have Scorp (or any other proper counters) at that time so Prowl was THE hardest bot for me. Had to spend like 2 or 3 team revives cuz of him. That was very embarrassing, but at least I learned my lesson.
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! 😊 The only problem is that I don't have Prowl nor Rhinox as even my 4 stars. As such, I think Scorpy would be a good choice against those 3 bots. And yes, the rewards are outdated, but I m not actually doing it for the rewards, rather for achieving what is a big milestone in this game.
    Voltron wrote: »
    Sideswipe might be useful against those DOT shock bots. You already have him ranked up.

Like others mentioned, the rewards are outdated, I wouldn't spend energon to beat this now. Use it 100% Act 4 (so you can buy 5* Tronus) and/or rare resources that will help you level up bots. You can always come back to ROTK when your roster is better prepared.

Using energon for completing Act4 would be a better choice but I have just started Act3 :D Sorry, but I just don't focus on Story Missions that much. I think I needa change that.