Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid Revamp

Kabam should invest in expanding the Raid system. Why?
  • A fun raid system will keep players engaged in between special events.
  • Players who raid more will spend more (and buy more) Energon.
  • More defense and customization options for our bases would create a mini- or meta-game within the game, making players more invested in their bases.

This is a lengthy revamp thread. I've split it into multiple posts for ease of consumption:

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Very impressive, man 👌

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited June 2020
    If I'm not mistaken, it was the Summer of 2018 when they last updated raid rewards.

I mean yeah, there's so much they could with raids that would freshen up the game and probably wouldn't take much time to do.

My ideas:

1) Allow us to rank up 4* mods. Like what are they waiting for??? Once upon a time Harm Accelerator used to mean something, now people barely even care anymore, they'll just bring their maxed out 5* bots and win by attrition. At least being able to max out 4* mods would bring a bit more fear to some mods and increase the chance of a defense win.

2. Harm Accelerator, like you already mentioned allow some way to change up the DOT. It accelerates all DOT but why does it only apply BLEED at the beginning?

3. Superconductor 2000: I already requested this last year some time in another raid thread. Make it relevant and allow the power gain to move beyond 60% so, you know, the defender can actually passively get to a SP2. That's the whole point of the mod!! I think Vydious said she would bring it to the team but I find it hard to believe that changing the 60% cap to 70% is so hard and time consuming. Just change the digit and give it a test, jeez.

4. Yes allow revenge always but I disagree with the shield part. Kabam has to have some ways to make people burn energon, if people want to spend energon to defend their chips I am okay with that.

5. "mini- or meta-game within the game" Totally agree with that, so much wasted potential.

6. Exclusive mods, agree make them available. Like how are people supposed to awaken and max signature those mods otherwise?!? Why even bother having them then?
  • Blaze_KagamiBlaze_Kagami Posts: 124
    CUSTOMIZATIONS

Dialogue Cards
    These are just like story mission dialog cards.
    • When an attacker lands on a node with a dialogue card available, the card displays.
    • Dialogue card content is taken from existing Kabam story missions. Examples: "You know Megatron has the best words." "Wazzpinator is beloved by all that fly!" (Can't have user-created dialogue for obvious reasons.)
    • Dialogue cards are attached to Bots, not nodes. If you place a bot on a node, the card associated with that bot displays for that node.
    • If multiple cards are available for a single bot, the content is randomly determined. Only one card displays per visit to a node.
    • Add an option to the Story tab in Settings to always hide dialogue cards in raids.
    • Dialogue cards for specific bots can be purchased via special deals. Crystals that grant random cards are in the raid store.

I really like this one.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited June 2020
    awww, it's really nice you have such optimism in Kabam... @DaveJL was just showing the #1 player on the raid leaderboard in LINE community chat earlier, when you view him in his alliance, he hasn't even logged into the game for 58 days and yet he can still be #1 on the leaderboard. doesn't that just tell you the state of Kabam's wonderful programming? he's probably perm banned so no one can raid him to bring his medal count down. they can't even do a simple thing like this correctly, and you expect them to implement any of the changes you highlighted above? I wish the improvements would be done too, but not as long as Kabam is still managing this game.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    awww, it's really nice you have such optimism in Kabam...

Not really. I don't think there's a team for this game anymore. I expect we probably have about 0.5 of a writer and 0.75 of a developer.

But since they haven't shut down the game yet? ...then if Kabam people ever float the question, "what would get TFTF players to spend more?", I have some ideas about that.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I appreciate my Current Alliance Teammate’s ideas for improving the game.

The lack of Exclusive Mod Crystals has been a sticking point for me... especially now that the “Exclusive Bots” are available in PBC, 3*BC, and 4*BC. I really want Kabam to consider extending that same courtesy to the Mod Crystals. At this point, I have stopped opening my 4*MCs because all I am going to do is dupe one of my existing 4* Standard Mods that is stuck at R3. I rarely openly my PMCs and 3*MCs for similar reasons. If I knew I had a chance to get my hands on an Exclusive Mod, like a Tech Console, that might justify me opening the 20 or so Mod Crystals I am holding.

And the matter of all of us having 4* Mods stuck at R3 because there is no T3m Sparks... just change the T3m Spark Requirement to 2 T2m Sparks to go from R3 to R4, and make 3 T2m Sparks part of the R4 to R5 Requirement. Easy adjustment.

Look, at this point i don’t care if veterans get pissed off if a new player somehow gets lucky and pulls a 4* Tech Console from a modified PMC. Just having a better chance of getting an exclusive mod would be worth it. Or maybe give out an 4* Exclusive Mod Crystal as part of a new Special calendar now and then would be nice.
  • SARGIS07SARGIS07 Posts: 41
    That was cool
    Fog of War: For 24/48 hours, the bots and mods on your base are hidden from view. (The raid preview still shows your strongest bot and the numbers of each class.) When attacker lands on a node, the defender and mod are revealed via the "ambush" mechanism used in Fog of War special event missions.
    I thought about this some more. This shouldn't be a shield; it should be a raid mode option that the attacker can select at will. (As a shield, it would rarely be used, anyway.)

Kabam would need to either add Achievements for completing raids in Fog of War mode, or some minor additional reward for each FoW raid. I lean toward the latter.
    Re-upping this while @Kabam_Vidious has her attention on the boards this morning.

I understand this is a huge, unrealistic slate of proposed changes. But what I hope you'll take back to the team is this core idea:

Raids are a player-driven game mode that, if expanded, can ease the demand for original Kabam-authored content. We still want that content! But a more robust raid system can help fill in the gaps, and potentially drive more Energon purchases.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Re-upping this while @Kabam_Vidious has her attention on the boards this morning.

I understand this is a huge, unrealistic slate of proposed changes. But what I hope you'll take back to the team is this core idea:

Raids are a player-driven game mode that, if expanded, can ease the demand for original Kabam-authored content. We still want that content! But a more robust raid system can help fill in the gaps, and potentially drive more Energon purchases.

Wrong Vydious
    Meant to type @Kabam_Vydious

Thanks Firebot!
  • Thanks for all the feedback on this! It's fantastic.
    Thanks for all the feedback on this! It's fantastic.

It's one of your priorities after important ones or ..........?
    Cuz I don't raid much and this might just make me
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264

Is this SaRcAsM?
    edited July 2020

Is this SaRcAsM?

HEY!!!

Is this SaRcAsM?

You missed Italics
    edited July 2020

Is this SaRcAsM ?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Now, I don't post here much. But this is absolutely fantastic!