Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Reskin ideas

Hi, I'm new to the forums and from what I've read, I think new bots is not likely/possible due to various reasons, but 'Reskins' are more likely. I'm a huge fan of the Shattered Glass universe, I'd love to get some redecos of Optimus, Megatron, Sideswipe and Starscream in their SG colours. Also Classics Cliffjumper from Bumblebee.

Are Reskins possible or does that cause glitches in the game in the same way as adding bots? What ideas do you guys have?

Comments

• Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited July 2020
    Reskins are possible. The problem is that new glitches occur every time a new Bot/ feature is added, which further detracts from the game's fun. It'd be recommended to first deal with the majority of the glitches the game currently experiences before adding new skins.

Also Kabam is a lot more focused on the other Marvel game (we don't use its name here for fear of repercussions), and don't give this game too much attention as a result.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Reskins are possible. The problem is that new glitches occur every time a new Bot/ feature is added, which further detracts from the game's fun. It'd be recommended to first deal with the majority of the glitches the game currently experiences before adding new skins.

Also Kabam is a lot more focused on the other Marvel game (we don't use its name here for fear of repercussions), and don't give this game too much attention as a result.

Maybe they will after that game finishes its launch or do you think that they are gonna be fixing stuff in that game cuz hey its kabam we're talking about
  • KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62

Thanks for that info, I guess I won't get my hopes up.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    edited July 2020
    Just for the heck of it...

I'd like to see a G1 Ironhide as a reskin of Ratchet (of course).

Maybe a Brawler class bot with a theme of building up anger and engaging in high risk combat, but also being hard to kill. Might be interesting to be able to switch between two different survival states, one that increases armor and one that gives a repair option. Key those to opponent's Power or something.

I dunno, others have done much better at workshopping new bots, and there's probably already a good G1 Ironhide kit on the bot request thread
  • Firebot wrote: »

Maybe they will after that game finishes its launch or do you think that they are gonna be fixing stuff in that game cuz hey its kabam we're talking about

Their just gonna leave this game with us, all alone while their getting that Disney Money everywhere. We will be left in these forums. You ask yourselve"I hope this new Transformers Battlegrounds game is fun"
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Firebot wrote: »

Their just gonna leave this game with us, all alone while their getting that Disney Money everywhere. We will be left in these forums. You ask yourselve"I hope this new Transformers Battlegrounds game is fun"

The new Battlegrounds mobile game seems pretty interesting. I hope it’s compatible on my ipad
    Oh wait...
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

The new Battlegrounds mobile game seems pretty interesting. I hope it’s compatible on my ipad
    Oh wait...

Gamer Moment
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Oh wait...

It isn't a mobile game
    oh.....
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Skywarp would be an easy reskin....
    edited July 2020
    Wolfmills wrote: »

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

Don't do Slipstream like that!
    She atleast needs a rack on her if you know what I mean

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

I'm guessing Firebot means from Windblade
  • Konvoy wrote: »

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

Yeah but they should atleast swap windblades head for starscreams to make it look like her.
    edited July 2020
    Konvoy wrote: »

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

No, I didn't mean windblade
    Cuz slipstream is definitely seeker body type
    edited July 2020
    Also, I forgot about
    Sunstreaker
    Red Alert
    Greasepit
    Gearhead

(from sideswipe)
    Go check out this-
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Body-type
    (also fun fact slipstream never featured in the G1 cartoon at all)
    (Check out her page if you want to)
    Also, I forgot about
    Sunstreaker
    Red Alert
    Greasepit
    Gearhead

(from sideswipe)
    Go check out this-
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Body-type
    (also fun fact slipstream never featured in the G1 cartoon at all)
    (Check out her page if you want to)

Some people theorise that she got her colour pallet from that one episode in g1 but that could be false. From what I could remember it was more pastel like than the purple she usually has today

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

I'm gonna outnerd you here. Slipstream was a TF Animated character, her first toy was an LG redeco of Windblade

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

I'm gonna outnerd you here. Slipstream was a TF Animated character, her first toy was an LG redeco of Windblade

Ok fine but I'm basing her on cyberverse slipstream
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited July 2020

So would:
    Cliffjumper
    Bluestreak
    Smokescreen
    Ironhide
    Dirge
    Sunstorm
    Thrust
    Acid storm
    Bitstream
    Blackout
    Hotlink
    Ion Storm
    Nacelle
    Nova Storm
    Red Wing
    Sandstorm
    Sunstorm
    Wheezing Arrow
    And....
    Slipstream(?)

TECHNICALLY there was going to be an Animated Slipstream toy to promote Animated before the idea got scrapped
    (Not guaranteed to be a fact, BTW. Pretty sure I heard it from a Chris Mcfeely video)
    @Firebot I'm just kidding around, all suggestions are good suggestions. Also @Cr4zy_Wheeljack points out, a proper TFA Slipstream would've been a seeker too

Potentially there are tons of reskins possible. I have zero problems if thats the direction F2F goes in, just hope we get some!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    As long as they change animations around and give them different abilities I'm ok with it lol.