Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Training battles and raids

I don't know if there was such an idea, but I decided to share it. What if you add a training fight to the game. For example, you got a new bot and before improving decided to look at his abilities in practice. Or you wanted to test your base for security.

Comments

• VanyaVanya Posts: 145
    Vanya wrote: »
    I don't know if there was such an idea, but I decided to share it. What if you add a training fight to the game. For example, you got a new bot and before improving decided to look at his abilities in practice. Or you wanted to test your base for security.

What do you think of this idea?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Just do your training vs MixMaster in Legends of Cybertron — it’s a rite of passage.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Just do your training vs MixMaster in Legends of Cybertron — it’s a rite of passage.

And if you beat Mixmaster, then good job. Not everyone can do that in LOC.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    SilverZA wrote: »

Don’t think of it that way. It’s training, remember.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363

That is true, unless you are a competitive type of person who has high motivation.
    The legends of Cybertron open from level 25. That's too much for beginners. Training fight should help newcomers in the game. And I also wrote not only about training fights but also about the simulation of the attack on my base. What do you say about that?
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167

That is true, unless you are a competitive type of person who has high motivation.
    I agree its really hard to beat Mixmaster if you are just starting out, but at that point in time, the game is also easier for you. With more progression and strengthening of our rosters, we try to compete against higher difficulty missions and that's where the problem starts. We have to improve our skills to get better and there's no better place to try than trying to defeat Mixmaster in LOC. Sure, u can't defeat him in ur first try but atleast u will get somewhere. Why to think of winning against him when u can instead think of performing better against him, taking out more health out of him every time u fight. Believe me when I say that defeating Mixmaster increased my skills to a great extent in the game and that didn't happen on the first try. I had to do a lot of tries actually. Every time trying to do it, I used to maintain combos longer, dealing more damage to him eventually to a point when I defeated him. I always thought that by maintaining longer combos I was improving and that was exactly what was happening which helped me not to lose my motivation. Now, I am trying to defeat Primal in Rotk with a 4 star OG Megatron and I hv again seen improvements here too. So, that's the thing, if u frustrate urself by thinking that you are not winning you will never win. Instead, u should try to improve urself on the basis of the amount of time u can maintain ur combos. You will certainly see improvement there which will eventually help u defeat Mixmaster :)

I agree its really hard to beat Mixmaster if you are just starting out, but at that point in time, the game is also easier for you. With more progression and strengthening of our rosters, we try to compete against higher difficulty missions and that's where the problem starts. We have to improve our skills to get better and there's no better place to try than trying to defeat Mixmaster in LOC. Sure, u can't defeat him in ur first try but atleast u will get somewhere. Why to think of winning against him when u can instead think of performing better against him, taking out more health out of him every time u fight. Believe me when I say that defeating Mixmaster increased my skills to a great extent in the game and that didn't happen on the first try. I had to do a lot of tries actually. Every time trying to do it, I used to maintain combos longer, dealing more damage to him eventually to a point when I defeated him. I always thought that by maintaining longer combos I was improving and that was exactly what was happening which helped me not to lose my motivation. Now, I am trying to defeat Primal in Rotk with a 4 star OG Megatron and I hv again seen improvements here too. So, that's the thing, if u frustrate urself by thinking that you are not winning you will never win. Instead, u should try to improve urself on the basis of the amount of time u can maintain ur combos. You will certainly see improvement there which will eventually help u defeat Mixmaster :)

I agree. I've learned to play through more complex missions and it helps. But still training fights are necessary to study the bot and its capabilities in practice. It's the same with the simulation of the raid. All this is needed to get basic knowledge and it should help new players. Let's say a player got the same Mixmaster to find out his strengths and weaknesses you read about him information and learn how it works in the same practice. And already on the Legend of Cybertron to improve their skills as a player.