Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Mirage or Prowl

No synergies, no other factors just explain why you'd pick one over the other in this game. Asking for a friend.

Mirage or Prowl 23 votes

Mirage
21%
BlackRazakbillygovolsUmairKhan05TechnobotFirebot 5 votes
Prowl
78%
BeastdadKillMasterCasparagusRed_EyesJIMMY_SABStarkiller7OptimalOptimus_MV1Sycko5KittenTransformator79Primerprime5SilverZAMystaJayCr4zy_WheeljackMegaStrikersSalvadorVanyaKonvoy 18 votes

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Mirage
    Survivability, decent damage output, power burn.
    Not top tier anymore, but completely underated by the newer players.

Also, synergizes with more bots.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Prowl
    Prowl, he has good synergies and he has power burn too. He has power lock, stun, and his signature ability, Good Cop, is extremely useful. He can get get almost a full bar of Power under 6 seconds, and he just does lots of damage in general.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2020
    If there’s no other factor taken in consideration, it’s gonna be a tough choice. While Prowl excels in Power Control, Mirage is superior in terms of damage and utility. I’d even go as far as to say he’s the most versatile bot in the game. He can deal high damage, tank ranged specials, evade manually, power drain, be on NB’s Mark to instantly kill low health bots, break blocks, chain stun and utilize Star Seeker very well as his combo consists of 7 hits. Since these two amazing bots synergize with each other it’s best to have both on your team
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Prowl
    Good Cop.

Need I say more?
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    Mirage
    Mirage. Always.
    Here, I will compare both the bots and tell why I feel Mirage is better.

Granted Prowl's Good Cop sig is really good for Power Control, but Mirage can do the same if he is in Disruption Mode(maybe even better than Prowl). The only problem is that Mirage requires a really high sig level(for that deadly fast ranged speed for power burns)which u will eventually have tho it will take a lot of time especially in terms of 5 stars but, it will be worth it :)

Now, let's see Prowl's Melee Buffs which he can stack up to a Max 10. They deliver insane amount of Melee Damage but their charging can be interrupted if the opponent dashes in and u have to sidestep and counterattack or if somehow Prowl evades an attack which means that Suppression doesn't guarantee 10 Melee Buffs every time. Moreover, they don't last forever. In case of Mirage, you can upto stack 20 PERMANENT Attack Buffs when he enters Agility Mode by activating SP3 double of Prowl and these last till the remainder of the fight(Not to mention the 90% Attack increase you get through his sig).

Prowl can stun with his ranged attacks. Cool! Mirage can do the same if he is in Incapacitation Mode granting a Stun every 7 Attack Debuffs he applies to the opponent with his Melee hits. Two great advantages of this are that if you end with a 7 hit combo the opponent gets stunned, so now u can do another another 7 hit combo to stun him again(provided u do it correct :) ). This way u can actually do 3 combos at once! Moreover those 15 Attack Debuffs reduce opponent's Attack to a great extent, so even if u get hit, those Debuffs really reduce the damage received. Prowl, on the other hand, stuns on the first hit of his ranged attack. Now, if u are a skilled player then this openning will help u dash in without the stun helping you much, so I don't think that ability of his is really helpful as compared to that of Mirage.

Prowl can evade! Alright, now a Tech can't do that, lol. But, I hope u are not forgetting his Shield which insanely reduces damage if u are by chance hit by a Special Attack. Also the Shield when passive, provide 30% Power Rate which is again really helpful to activate Special Attacks quickly(But surely, u needa lookout for opponent's Special Meter ;) )

Now, I didn't mention Prowl's Power Lock and the Ranged Buff he receives on his SP2. So, if we are talking of Power Controlling then, most of us almost always go for his SP1, granted that Power Lock is useful but its work is similar to his SP1, so I will again have Mirage's Disruption Mode as a counterattack. The Ranged Buff, well that doesn't last long and it only increases ranged damage and not ranged speed. It is useful for his SP2 but not much after that and I have Mirage's SP3 which increases attack by 90% provided, he's Awakened which his much more than what his Ranged Buff does.

Also, how can I forget(I almost forgot this, lol) that Mirage can purify burns inflicted on him. Prowl, on the other hand, can't purify anything. Also, when Mirage goes for a Heavy Attack the opponent misses all kinds of ranged attack, either it be a heavy ranged, basic ranged or Ranged Special Attack. So, if u are bored u can always spam those heavies, which I do a lot, lol.

So yeah, that's all I have to prove my point. He's my fav bot after all. I hope I covered all their abilities and didn't forget any. Since, synergies are not being considered, so there's no point covering them :)

• billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    edited July 2020
    Mirage
    Yeah, contrary to the poll results, I think Mirage stands out very clearly in some of the great points above. Prowl is great but not really close to Mirage in terms of his whole package outlined above, this is an easy decision.

Thank you everyone, my friend went with Mirage.
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    Prowl
    Mirage can purify burns inflicted on him.

Really?? Does he have to be awakened for that??
    Mirage

Nope. Just use a heavy whenever you are inflicted with burns. That's it! :)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

No, read his abilities again. Heavy Attack section
  • KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    Prowl
    Mirage. Always.

Granted Prowl's Good Cop sig is really good for Power Control, but Mirage can do the same if he is in Disruption Mode(maybe even better than Prowl). The only problem is that Mirage requires a really high sig level(for that deadly fast ranged speed for power burns)which u will eventually have tho it will take a lot of time especially in terms of 5 stars but, it will be worth it :)

Now, let's see Prowl's Melee Buffs which he can stack up to a Max 10. They deliver insane amount of Melee Damage but their charging can be interrupted if the opponent dashes in and u have to sidestep and counterattack or if somehow Prowl evades an attack which means that Suppression doesn't guarantee 10 Melee Buffs every time. Moreover, they don't last forever. In case of Mirage, you can upto stack 20 PERMANENT Attack Buffs when he enters Agility Mode by activating SP3 double of Prowl and these last till the remainder of the fight(Not to mention the 90% Attack increase you get through his sig).

Prowl can stun with his ranged attacks. Cool! Mirage can do the same if he is in Incapacitation Mode granting a Stun every 7 Attack Debuffs he applies to the opponent with his Melee hits. Two great advantages of this are that if you end with a 7 hit combo the opponent gets stunned, so now u can do another another 7 hit combo to stun him again(provided u do it correct :) ). This way u can actually do 3 combos at once! Moreover those 15 Attack Debuffs reduce opponent's Attack to a great extent, so even if u get hit, those Debuffs really reduce the damage received. Prowl, on the other hand, stuns on the first hit of his ranged attack. Now, if u are a skilled player then this openning will help u dash in without the stun helping you much, so I don't think that ability of his is really helpful as compared to that of Mirage.

Prowl can evade! Alright, now a Tech can't do that, lol. But, I hope u are not forgetting his Shield which insanely reduces damage if u are by chance hit by a Special Attack. Also the Shield when passive, provide 30% Power Rate which is again really helpful to activate Special Attacks quickly(But surely, u needa lookout for opponent's Special Meter ;) )

Now, I didn't mention Prowl's Power Lock and the Ranged Buff he receives on his SP2. So, if we are talking of Power Controlling then, most of us almost always go for his SP1, granted that Power Lock is useful but its work is similar to his SP1, so I will again have Mirage's Disruption Mode as a counterattack. The Ranged Buff, well that doesn't last long and it only increases ranged damage and not ranged speed. It is useful for his SP2 but not much after that and I have Mirage's SP3 which increases attack by 90% provided, he's Awakened which his much more than what his Ranged Buff does.

Also, how can I forget(I almost forgot this, lol) that Mirage can purify burns inflicted on him. Prowl, on the other hand, can't purify anything. Also, when Mirage goes for a Heavy Attack the opponent misses all kinds of ranged attack, either it be a heavy ranged, basic ranged or Ranged Special Attack. So, if u are bored u can always spam those heavies, which I do a lot, lol.

So yeah, that's all I have to prove my point. He's my fav bot after all. I hope I covered all their abilities and didn't forget any. Since, synergies are not being considered, so there's no point covering them :)

Prowl is often quoted as the best scout, and I use him. But the scout I most hate coming up against in game is Cheetor. Is he a bit underated or is Prowl always the better scout?

For poll I went Prowl cos I loves him. But I didn't know that thing about Mirage purifying burns
    Mirage
    Konvoy wrote: »
    Mirage. Always.

Prowl is often quoted as the best scout, and I use him. But the scout I most hate coming up against in game is Cheetor. Is he a bit underated or is Prowl always the better scout?

For poll I went Prowl cos I loves him. But I didn't know that thing about Mirage purifying burns

Prowl is an awesome scout bot, really useful for controlling power. But, I can't help but feel he's overrated. Every bot has an ability that keeps check of a certain ability of the opponent. Its just that Prowl can keep Power Bars in control, which becomes really useful as u don't have to care for a special. Cheetor is also another amazing bot. No problem if you try him out. He's insane after he's awakened. That Feral Strike is a very good ability.

The problem I feel with Prowl is that, in order to carry out the intended SP1 Power Burn u have to dash back for atleast 5 seconds for charging of his Melee Buffs(or do that twice if you have lower sig level, just like mine). As such, I have to do this thing in order to use his sig ability(which I am sure is the reason why he has so many votes). But, this takes away my freedom to do anything I feel like doing...coz I have to dash back and stay in that position sidestepping for 10 seconds atleast to gain 1 Power Bar. Tbh, its a bit annoying and also the fact, that after they are charged up u have to find an openning quickly so that those Melee Buffs can be used or they will go in vain, something which happens frequently with me. I love a bot which has a lot of utility and does all that quite well, without me having to do something in particular which annoys me and makes me prone to enemy attacks, something that Mirage I feel offers me in plenty. Having so much utility and still I find him rarely referred to as a Top Tech Bot, which I really feel he is. I love Ratchet, Wheeljack and Shockwave and have played a lot with them in the past and still continue doing so. Its just two or three months since I have had Mirage but as soon as I read his abilities he became my fav bot in the game coz I was just done with the repair abilities of the other Techs and wanted to explore more and just not be dependent entirely on repair, which was imo a good choice making my combos last longer and improved my skills :)

• Blaze_KagamiBlaze_Kagami Posts: 124
    Since this thread has served it's purpose, I would like to ask a question. I would like to know which team best suit for Mirage. Those who comment please keep in mind that there should not be any class more than once. In other words, definitely no other tech.
    Mirage
    Since this thread has served it's purpose, I would like to ask a question. I would like to know which team best suit for Mirage. Those who comment please keep in mind that there should not be any class more than once. In other words, definitely no other tech.

Synergy wise u needa have Hot Rod for sure, that increased Critical Damage he provides is awesome. You can also take in Sideswipe for that extra Attack of one hit after u sidestep and counterattack. Then, u can have OG Prime and Ironhide for increased Melee damage. The fifth one could be Arcee for that increased Critical Rating on Ranged Attacks.
    So, the team is-
    - Mirage
    - Hot Rod
    - OG Prime
    - Ironhide
    - Arcee