Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Scout?

So I've been using Prowl as my main scout (because I love the CW Prowl toy) but I don't find him much fun to play with and he doesn't have any synergies with the rest of the gang. In fact I find I prefer playing with Windblade than prowl. So I wanted to ask who peopl might recommend as a better scout?

4 stars scouts I currently own: Prowl, Windblade, Cheetor (just got him today, not used him yet)

The rest of my team:
5* g1 Megatron - my main character and who I'd like to base my team around
4* Scorpinok
4* Galvatron
4* Soundwave (I really want to change this guy, but no other 4* techs yet, any suggestions please advise)
4* Tantrum

whaving written this, I realsie my question is more like: 'who is the best team for G1 Megatron'

Comments

• KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    I should add, dropping scout is also an option if you think there isn't one who goes will with Megs
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited July 2020
    Jazz and Scout Bee have attack synergy with g1 Megatron and are both really good bots. The fallen synergy with Megatronus and the lieutenants synergies are good for g1 Megatron.

As for Prowl, don't count him out yet just because he doesn't have synergies with megatron. He's arguably the best scout and one of the best bots in the game.
  • Edwardo76Edwardo76 Posts: 82
    You shouldn’t run a team lead by OGM without Shockwave. It’s really handy to have that power down debuff to fuse. Early on in the game, starscream’s ability to stun OGM opponents helps land that fusing blow. But I agree with asparagus. You’ll never regret having a good prowl around.
    asparagus wrote: »
    Jazz and Scout Bee have attack synergy with g1 Megatron and are both really good bots. The fallen synergy with Megatronus and the lieutenants synergies are good for g1 Megatron.

As for Prowl, don't count him out yet just because he doesn't have synergies with megatron. He's arguably the best scout and one of the best bots in the game.
    Edwardo76 wrote: »
    You shouldn’t run a team lead by OGM without Shockwave. It’s really handy to have that power down debuff to fuse. Early on in the game, starscream’s ability to stun OGM opponents helps land that fusing blow. But I agree with asparagus. You’ll never regret having a good prowl around.

I really need those lieutenants. Shockwave especially. I guess synergy wise the ideal team would be Shockwave, Starscream, Tronus & Soundwave

Prowl can hit the bench for a little bit. He'll always be there anyway.
  • Edwardo76Edwardo76 Posts: 82
    If you are passionate about synergy, dump Soundwave for Galvatron. But I would take prowl over both and not worry about synergy
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Jazz or Bee.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Prowl has a great power control & melee buff setup. Many consider him the best Scout in the game.

But scouts are not useful in an OGM-led team. Ideally, Shockwave, Soundwave, Starscream, & Megatronus are your best bets there.

Cheetor is a great scout... especially in a Beast Wars-only team.

Kickback has a nice synergy with Ramjet & Motormaster.

Barricade is great for a Bay Decepticon Team. Has a great Power Lock Synergy when paired with Grindor.

Windblade and Sideswipe have a nice Romance Synergy that benefits the City Speaker more than Slick.

OG Bee, Jazz, & Prowl are better suited as teammates of OG Optimus Prime. For me, Jazz is the best option because I will likely pair OGP up with Grimlock, Ratchet, & Wheeljack. Jazz adds some useful synergies in that Quintet.
    Edwardo76 wrote: »
    If you are passionate about synergy, dump Soundwave for Galvatron. But I would take prowl over both and not worry about synergy

I wouldn't say 'passionate' :smiley: But I do really like playing with Galvatron so I wanna keep him in the team
    Technobot wrote: »
    Prowl has a great power control & melee buff setup. Many consider him the best Scout in the game.

But scouts are not useful in an OGM-led team. Ideally, Shockwave, Soundwave, Starscream, & Megatronus are your best bets there.

Cheetor is a great scout... especially in a Beast Wars-only team.

Kickback has a nice synergy with Ramjet & Motormaster.

Barricade is great for a Bay Decepticon Team. Has a great Power Lock Synergy when paired with Grindor.

Windblade and Sideswipe have a nice Romance Synergy that benefits the City Speaker more than Slick.

OG Bee, Jazz, & Prowl are better suited as teammates of OG Optimus Prime. For me, Jazz is the best option because I will likely pair OGP up with Grimlock, Ratchet, & Wheeljack. Jazz adds some useful synergies in that Quintet.

I think I'm gonna go with that advicio for now. I don't have Tronus so Galvatron is doing well for now.