Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should I buy 4* bots with bot chips?

Should I buy them just because they're available or not bother and keep saving for a 5*?

From the current featured bots, I only have Cheetor, so can buy Grimlock & Mirage.
Currently I only own one 5* bot, but have quite a lot of 4*s. My main limiter on progession is getting enough sparks to rank up bots.
Storywise I just 100%d Act 3, so about to start 4 after I deal with the spotlights.

What do you advise?

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited July 2020
    In my opinion:
    4 star bots will only be able to take you so far. If you have a solid enough team in 4 stars, you can start working on building your 5 star roster - even better when you can pick the bots you buy.

But you’ll still need to rely on your 4 star bots till you get your 5 stars ranked to at least r3 or r4 so continue to work on forging up your 4 stars.
  • KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    Darm0k wrote: »
    In my opinion:
    4 star bots will only be able to take you so far. If you have a solid enough team in 4 stars, you can start working on building your 5 star roster - even better when you can pick the bots you buy.

But you’ll still need to rely on your 4 star bots till you get your 5 stars ranked to at least r3 or r4 so continue to work on forging up your 4 stars.

Awesome thanks! I'll do that. Hopefully by then TC will come up on the botm
  • TC will never be a botm, sorry to have to inform you. He's available in the store with Titan Fragments only.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Konvoy wrote: »
    Darm0k wrote: »
    In my opinion:

Awesome thanks! I'll do that. Hopefully by then TC will come up on the botm

Yeah as @billygovols said
    but you could try and get him as a 4 star from crystals
    TC will never be a botm, sorry to have to inform you. He's available in the store with Titan Fragments only.

Wasn't that true of Grimlock until this month too?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    TC will never be a botm, sorry to have to inform you. He's available in the store with Titan Fragments only.

No. Grim has been in the 5* bot pool, he simply had not been a featured Bot of the Month before. He was never available for purchase using Titan Fragments. TC is considered an exclusive bot... his 5* version is only available in the Titan store, and is not available as a pull from a standard 5* crystal.
    Nightpath wrote: »

No. Grim has been in the 5* bot pool, he simply had not been a featured Bot of the Month before. He was never available for purchase using Titan Fragments. TC is considered an exclusive bot... his 5* version is only available in the Titan store, and is not available as a pull from a standard 5* crystal.

oh I see. I'll keep dreaming of a 4 star then.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Nightpath wrote: »

oh I see. I'll keep dreaming of a 4 star then.

It’s not too far off. If you can get into an alliance doing AM Lvl 50, you can earn about 13k Titan Shards a week. Combine that with 50k from just Completing Story Mode Act 4 (not full explore) and you’ll have enough for TC in about 10 weeks.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Just get the four star.