Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Jazz's heavy not stopping power build up

When using confusion, the enemy is not supposed to build up power while avoiding his attacks in that state is supposed to drain power if jazz is awakened.

This used to work, but now neither feature seems to do the trick anymore.

Comments

• SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Jazz's confusion heavy only works if the enemy is not already confused. Would be better if you had a GIf or a screenshot.
  • KakaMaxKakaMax Posts: 44
    SilverZA wrote: »
    Jazz's confusion heavy only works if the enemy is not already confused. Would be better if you had a GIf or a screenshot.

1- Yes, I know that.

2- z610crb1sck7.gif
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited August 2020
    Jazz's signature ability 'Exhaustion' could only drain a small amount of the opponent's power while they are confused IF they miss basic melee and ranged attacks.

His basic ability 'Confusion' only decreases the opponent's attack rating and increases the chance the opponent will use their special attacks.

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png
    What you're seeing in the GIF you've shown is the opponent normally gaining power by simply hitting you. Grimlock's not losing any power is because he's not missing his attacks on you and it's simply not how Jazz's abilities were intended to work like what you've described in the first place. I hope this clear things up.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    You need to avoid his attacks while he’s confused to make it work
    edited August 2020
    Jazz's signature ability 'Exhaustion' could only drain a small amount of the opponent's power while they are confused IF they miss basic melee and ranged attacks.

His basic ability 'Confusion' only decreases the opponent's attack rating and increases the chance the opponent will use their special attacks.

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png
    What you're seeing in the GIF you've shown is the opponent normally gaining power by simply hitting you. Grimlock's not losing any power is because he's not missing his attacks on you and it's simply not how Jazz's abilities were intended to work like what you've described in the first place. I hope this clear things up.

Please read your 2nd gif.
    It clearly says that the opponent does not gain power while confused, thus he shouldn't be gaining any power while attacking me while he's confused.

You posted it, so I don't understand how you come to a conclusion that contradicts your own references?

Do please clarify, I find your explanation has me confused (pun intended).
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    KakaMax wrote: »

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png

It clearly says that the opponent does not gain power while confused, thus he shouldn't be gaining any power while attacking me while he's confused.

You posted it, so I don't understand how you come to a conclusion that contradicts your own references?

Doesn't that just mean that the opponent will not gain power from Jazz's heavy attack? He will gain power from it if already confused.
    edited August 2020

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png

Doesn't that just mean that the opponent will not gain power from Jazz's heavy attack? He will gain power from it if already confused.

I'm pretty sure it used to work as intended some time before with confusion locking power as other power locking bots work (think rhynox and its heavy).

Besides, what you posted clearly says: enemy does not build power if he wasn't already confused.

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png

I'm pretty sure it used to work as intended some time before with confusion locking power as other power locking bots work (think rhynox and its heavy).

Besides, what you posted clearly says: enemy does not build power if he wasn't already confused.

I doubt that, because then you'd cancel the power lock by hitting him with another heavy when he's already confused. Why would anyone want to do that?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited August 2020
    I read that Heavy attack/Confusion description differently. To me, it means that the Heavy attack itself that lands will NOT equate to any power gain by said enemy who just took the heavy to the kneecaps (so just the single hit itself and nothing about what happens going forward).

I can’t speak to what you describe as how it worked before @KakaMax — I actually don’t doubt you given all the rebalance notes that aren’t being published anymore.
    Hmmm.
    Maybe I am confused about that (again, pun intended), or it's just that English is not my native language leading me to read it wrong...

Effectively the heavy attack itself doesn't add power but that makes it a very limited feature.

My sig is still at a low level but I think that it's not working either, I avoid attacks and the enemy won't loose any power that I can perceive.

Again, I'm quite confident it did work some time before.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Effectively the heavy attack itself doesn't add power but that makes it a very limited feature.

Start watching other fights and notice how much power gain occurs with the enemy after you land a heavy.

I agree that it is limited in design but imagine if you ran around for 15 mins and only landed heavies every 20-30 secs. Your fingers would be tired but maybe the enemy never even gets to an SP2 (I’m being sarcastic).

Back to my first sentence, it’s not easily appreciated until you have a fight moment where it was the difference in a KO vs getting KO’d.
    edited August 2020
    And clearly you haven't read the part where it states 'for each missed attack'. Or the part where his heavy attack description means if the opponent is not inflicted by Jazz's 'Confused' debuff, the first one hit will grant 100% less power. Any subsequent heavy attacks landed will have the opponent gain power if they are already confused.

And it's not a GIF, it's a screenshot. God, if only people would take a minute to actually do some research themselves we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's as you said @KakaMax. English is not your native language so you can't possibly understand what I myself have tried to explain Jazz's abilities in a simple manner to you. As well as the references I've taken directly from Kabam's official bot Intel report which states exactly what Jazz does. Ever since the day Jazz was released he's been working as intended based on the report. He never received an update and he doesn't need one, ever. So are we done here? Christ.

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png

edited August 2020
    Furthermore. To support my statements, just simply search and watch ANY gameplay of Jazz in Forged To Fight on YouTube. I'm extremely certain within the first few minutes of each and every single video of Jazz, my statements would be true.

I've been here since the first few months of the game's release. I've been here since Jazz was release and I have been playing with him consistently since. And I can sure as hell tell you Jazz hasn't changed one bit. He's working as intended.
    https://youtu.be/iQGv4ZFw2dQ
    https://youtu.be/YKQNVW3wQx8
    https://youtu.be/cr3GVf8ognc
    I rest my case.

@KakaMax
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    You need to avoid his attacks while he’s confused to make it work

Yes, that is what it says in his abilities and info section. I think.
    And clearly you haven't read the part where it states 'for each missed attack'. Or the part where his heavy attack description means if the opponent is not inflicted by Jazz's 'Confused' debuff, the first one hit will grant 100% less power. Any subsequent heavy attacks landed will have the opponent gain power if they are already confused.

And it's not a GIF, it's a screenshot. God, if only people would take a minute to actually do some research themselves we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's as you said @KakaMax. English is not your native language so you can't possibly understand what I myself have tried to explain Jazz's abilities in a simple manner to you. As well as the references I've taken directly from Kabam's official bot Intel report which states exactly what Jazz does. Ever since the day Jazz was released he's been working as intended based on the report. He never received an update and he doesn't need one, ever. So are we done here? Christ.

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png

I just asked you a question and was polite about it, thus I don't see where your condescending aggression is coming from.

Let alone the supercilious undertone all of your post exudes.

Mind you, my original post, thread title, etc,
    was about "confusion", not "exhaustion" yet you and a few others keep bringing up "exhaustion" to the mix.

Exhaustion is what the likes of you generate in me with your foul manners and ill predisposition.

Too fond of online bickering, perhaps?

Otherwise I don't understand why you even bother answering at all.

PS: Your ultra wide screenshot downloads in gif format in my phone. It's a GIF.

Not all GIF files are animated, you should have known that before picking me up on that.

After all, you're trying to appear superior to me so, you'd be better off being cautious about not ending up looking like a clueless troll.

Just sayin'!

TBH, I don't care that you don't seem to know the difference between content, container and format... I don't expect people to know it all about everything.

Yet, you are offended by people who "don't research by themselves" making you a hypocrite.

Ps: you could use English grammar classes more than I. At least I acknowledge my limitations and ask questions politely as opposed to being a judgemental prick with an air of superiority - and a clearly unwarranted one at that.

But thanks for taking your time to insult me anyway.

I'll do my utmost effort to return the favor.

olro4p3fdhvz.png
    33md7e9snvly.png

I just asked you a question and was polite about it, thus I don't see where your condescending aggression is coming from.

Let alone the supercilious undertone all of your post exudes.

Mind you, my original post, thread title, etc,
    was about "confusion", not "exhaustion" yet you and a few others keep bringing up "exhaustion" to the mix.

Exhaustion is what the likes of you generate in me with your foul manners and ill predisposition.

Too fond of online bickering, perhaps?

Otherwise I don't understand why you even bother answering at all.

PS: Your ultra wide screenshot downloads in gif format in my phone. It's a GIF.

Not all GIF files are animated, you should have known that before picking me up on that.

After all, you're trying to appear superior to me so, you'd be better off being cautious about not ending up looking like a clueless troll.

Just sayin'!

TBH, I don't care that you don't seem to know the difference between content, container and format... I don't expect people to know it all about everything.

Yet, you are offended by people who "don't research by themselves" making you a hypocrite.

Ps: you could use English grammar classes more than I. At least I acknowledge my limitations and ask questions politely as opposed to being a judgemental prick with an air of superiority - and a clearly unwarranted one at that.

But thanks for taking your time to insult me anyway.

I'll do my utmost effort to return the favor.

To be honest, I am a French player, with English as a second language. @Kakamax , you will have to get used to this. Most people will assume that you have English as a Native Language, so you will just have to get used to this. Don't worry, I understand your confusion and sentiments(Pun not intended).
    edited August 2020
    You've asked me to clarify and provide you with further explanation, even further proof and I did, in my own way. Whether you like my tone and the way I provided my answers to you or not is entirely your problem. Take it or leave it or are you overly sensitive about it and want to get back at me just because?

As mentioned, all of this ultimately pointless discussion could have been avoided if you've simply done some research yourself on YouTube or go through the Forged To Fight fandom page (which is a great source of information) as I did to help clarify this apparent 'issue' of yours in this thread. That was what I meant by 'if only people would do some research themselves'.

I, for one would be on Kabam's side on this. If there were any changes made, especially towards certain characters. They would have announced it as they have always been. And by attracting the mod's attention by tagging a thread towards 'Bugs and Known Issues' without making sure it's actually a bug or not by simply searching through the forums itself or even going on YouTube. You're just wasting their time essentially, even if it is their job. They've taken enough heat already for the past few years. And especially in this pandemic. We, the players could at least return the favour however we can.

So if you've already got your answer and the fact that it is indeed, NOT a bug and create further pointless discussions. Might I suggest we end our conversations here and get on with our lives for all of us involved in this thread?
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited August 2020
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    I read that Heavy attack/Confusion description differently. To me, it means that the Heavy attack itself that lands will NOT equate to any power gain by said enemy who just took the heavy to the kneecaps (so just the single hit itself and nothing about what happens going forward).

I can’t speak to what you describe as how it worked before @KakaMax — I actually don’t doubt you given all the rebalance notes that aren’t being published anymore.

Exactly.. I think it's because if the enemy is really near to sp3 and don't have auto power increase (like Galva, Tronus or Soundwave) You can shoot him with heavy without giving the enemy power to make his sp3 ready. After it, you have to dodge for a few seconds and dodge sp2 instead of guaranteed sp3 hit :) (another feature for Jazz is when you dodging the first hit of a special while the enemy is confused, Jazz has a chance to evade the next attacks..)

In my readings.. 🤷‍♂️
  • Did a fight recently to check it

eml0fdwlpovd.gif
  • Where I appreciate folks coming into help this, thread got really negative with an argument. Please be respectful towards one another when explaining things. Getting frustrated is understandable, but it doesn't excuse being rude towards each other.
This discussion has been closed.