Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Grindor won’t die

On the 90% off damage path in Missions Grindor shield won’t go down through entire fight. Pls fix Kabam

Comments

• ASH_BotASH_Bot Posts: 9
    edited August 2020
    Try using armor break, burn, bleed, or shock.
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    edited August 2020
    It's supposed to be this way. Try and use armor break or any other debuffs which damage overtime. Armor break will break the 90% Armor reduction, so use OGP, OGM, Magnus. Not a bug
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    OG Prime cuts right though him with his sp2.
    I can get like 3% of his health down before I got sp2, then with the special, can get 50% of his health cut down
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    While Ultra Magnus’ (& Dinobot’s) Armor Break is great and all, they are only temporary. Two bots can initiate a permanent Armor Break, which can basically accelerate the end of the fight.

OG Megatron’s Permanent Armor Break is a 2 step process that requires timing. First, you need to connect with an SP1 that triggers a limited time Armor Break. The trick is to connect with a Heavy Ranged Attack at Full Power during that Armor Break in order to make the Armor Break Permanent. If you do that, you’re in good shape, even when Grindor’s Armor eventually comes back. Also, if your OG Megatron is duped, when Grindor’s Armor comes back, you have a chance to steal the buff for yourself for a short period of time.

My choice, however, is OG Prime, paired up with Ratchet. This is key. Because while I can’t hurt Grindor during my power build up to SP3, I can heal up during Heavy Melee Attacks thanks to Ratchet’s Synergy. But once I hit SP3’s Power Charge, I try to bait Grindor into using his SP1 or SP2 and missing, then I hit Grindor with the SP3, initiating a Permanent Break. Since my Prime happens to be duped as well, I have a chance to inflicts Bleeds with the Permanent Armor Break, shortening the fight even further.

And I gotta admit, seeing Prime connect with that Ax on an SP3 is a pretty sweet picture.
    nzht9qilctew.png
  • KakaMaxKakaMax Posts: 44
    edited August 2020
    DeceptiHoe wrote: »
    On the 90% off damage path in Missions Grindor shield won’t go down through entire fight. Pls fix Kabam

You may want to play at a lower level, the crazy armor happens at l31 and beyond.
    What you described is not a bug.

You just need to fight him with a proper bot that can break or bypass armor, or perform debuffs like acid, shock, burn or bleed.

PS: all OR statements are inclusive, not XOR like.
  • KakaMax wrote: »

You may want to play at a lower level, the crazy armor happens at l31 and beyond.
    What you described is not a bug.

You just need to fight him with a proper bot that can break or bypass armor, or perform debuffs like acid, shock, burn or bleed.

PS: all OR statements are inclusive, not XOR like.

I play d41 bud
  • Whoops. Sorry, I thought you were talking to me.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    What everyone else said...and the Seekers synergy destroys that path...
  • 274 hits? That’s nuts gang but thx. It just seemed lik when he got to 1% then it wouldn’t die. This isn’t Corvus in MCOC Fer Chrissakes!
  • 06cnf8vt371f.jpg
    I think Nemesis Prime fare better against grindor. All you need is heavy to nullify his armour and he'll go down very soon. Faster than to wait for OGP sp3. And he saves you a spot for life steal. Best is you can keep grindor for as long as you want to life steal and heavy to nullify his armour once you've had enough.

• m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    274 hits? That’s nuts gang but thx. It just seemed lik when he got to 1% then it wouldn’t die. This isn’t Corvus in MCOC Fer Chrissakes!

What D level?