Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is he worth it?

I forged my 4 star OGP to my Megatron a while ago. I'm looking forward to upgrading G1 Bots atm. Is soundwave worth upgrading? He's duped as well

Is he worth it? 32 votes

Go for him!!
37%
MegatronXDatBoiPlayzYTGroundwaveBonesetterHUNGrimes79OptimalOptimus_MV1YoguiSilverZAPoison_RonnieLegen10FighterGirl28Furno54 12 votes
Wait for a better 5 star tech...
62%
TsunamiBeastdadGunz0Bntyhntr3232_billygovols1121893JIMMY_SABBumblebee_StingsSlayerSycko5KittenFoul_Smell1NightpathEdwardo76FirebotyorkdredSARGIS07VanyaPeny2953jjjjjjlp2 20 votes

Comments

• YoguiYogui Posts: 39
    Go for him!!
    I've been ussing him since a few months and I really like him. His sig is pretty useful and it doesn't need to be at high level to take advantage from it. If you have any other tech but unduped they're all pretty good without it. Rinox is one of the techs that doesn't shine at all in my opinion. Another one is SW: he has a pretty useful sig but it only has a 35% of trigger rate at max lvl, but his shock effect simultaneously with power drain is a unique hability. Mirage's sig is useful with sp1 and sp3, but the shield and the power rate are pretty good. Jetfire has his power and repair block and the parry shield, with pretty high shock damage at sp3 with 10 charges. Blaster has his amp charges that increase his shock damage and the interference, another unique hability. Wheeljack is useful unduped because you can heal him with constant sp3(in that case I prefer ussing it with power drain(you get the extra power along the battle and you can still cause shock or stun the oponent without defensive and offensive upgrades. Ratchet only needs beeing able to drain the oponent's power to be a perfect tech, but ther shock, the stun and the high heal hability are pretty cool. Hope this helps you
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Shockwave, wait for him.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Is he 4 star or 5 star? If he’s below 5, feel free to max him out. He’s an excellent forge bot if you’re not a fan of Sharkticons. I also use mine in Away Missions, he’s awesome!
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Is he 4 star or 5 star? If he’s below 5, feel free to max him out. He’s an excellent forge bot if you’re not a fan of Sharkticons. I also use mine in Away Missions, he’s awesome!

He's a 5 star
  • yorkdredyorkdred Posts: 72
    edited August 2020
    Asked myself the same question :) Decided to rank him up to rank 3 in case I need a tech bot... I’m not going to spend any additional resources on him going forward; will wait for shockwave or wj
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    So shocky is better than soundwave?
    I got lucky then and how is rhinox?
  • Wait for a better 5 star tech...
    Shock, Wheeljack, Jetfire and then there are other bots I suppose...
  • Firebot wrote: »

He's pretty good, but as I said, I'm looking for 5 star G1 Bots
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Firebot wrote: »

oh
  • Firebot wrote: »
    Firebot wrote: »

oh

Yeah
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Definitely wait for a better 5-star Tech bot.

Soundwave will only get you so far, which is... Not that far, at all. His shocks, power leaks, and power gain are cool and all, but compared to most of the best tech bots, Soundwave is severely lacking. He has nothing that is unique, among tech bots. Of course, other than his power gain, and that's not the best. Wheeljack has upgrades, Shockwave has Shock charges, and his shocks drain power, Jetfire has his whole... Charge feature, and block stuns. Soundwave is just... I mean, he's basically the generic abilities of a tech bot, but slapped together to make a completely normal tech. Plus, he doesn't gain power from attacking, and that's kinda bad, even though he has the power gain on heavies. Go for Shockwave, Jetfire, or maybe Mirage.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    edited August 2020

Soundwave will only get you so far, which is... Not that far, at all. His shocks, power leaks, and power gain are cool and all, but compared to most of the best tech bots, Soundwave is severely lacking. He has nothing that is unique, among tech bots. Of course, other than his power gain, and that's not the best. Wheeljack has upgrades, Shockwave has Shock charges, and his shocks drain power, Jetfire has his whole... Charge feature, and block stuns. Soundwave is just... I mean, he's basically the generic abilities of a tech bot, but slapped together to make a completely normal tech. Plus, he doesn't gain power from attacking, and that's kinda bad, even though he has the power gain on heavies. Go for Shockwave, Jetfire, or maybe Mirage.

Thanks for all your thoughts! Looks like I'll be looking for a better tech. I'll mostly be going for shockwave... Thanks again!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Thanks for all your thoughts! Looks like I'll be looking for a better tech. I'll mostly be going for shockwave... Thanks again!

Any time. You'll find that Shockwave is tons better than Soundwave, and pretty much every other Tech, though, most Tech bots are still excellent.
  • Definitely wait for a better 5-star Tech bot.

Any time. You'll find that Shockwave is tons better than Soundwave, and pretty much every other Tech, though, most Tech bots are still excellent.

I'm pretty sure I will :smile:. But first I need to get him from the 5 star crystals lol
  • To be frank, soundwave is the one tech who needs his sig the most. Maybe tied with jetfire. that reflect completely changes how you play when that sig gets really high. See when your practically guaranteed to reflect a heavy hit, it’s so so satisfying. Galv sp2, ironhide sp2, all will inflict heavy damage on themselves if they reflect. And at max sig it’s something like 90%. Makes mods with enhanced ranged speed a laugh.

Looking at the other techs, I’ll try and explain my reasoning behind going for soundwave.

Shockwave - doesn’t need his sig. gets a more reliable repair from a synergy and you don’t really want to be getting hit for undo to be useful.

Mirage - doesn’t need his sig to be good. It’s a bonus, and a good one, but it’s not what makes him good to begin with.

Blaster - sure his sig gives him repair, But it’s a fixed % chance, and 40% is a bit meh if your good enough to not get hit anyway.

Ratchet - doesn’t need it unless you plan on getting hit.

Rhinox - same as ratchet. Defensive purpose sig, and you don’t really want to be getting hit.

Wheeljack - Would be my 3rd option for awakening, if sig necessity was the key factor. Great sig, but not having it doesn’t stop you from getting 3 power rate buffs and spamming sp3 repair.

Jetfire - 2nd option, purely for that repair on demand. The single reason soundwave is above him is because jetfire has reflect to begin with, and if you master it, you literally have a max sig soundwave and more.

That’s all purely subjective to the players skill and how good they are at not getting hit. If I had the choice of them all to awaken, it would be between soundwave and jetfire. However, soundwave needs his sig the most. If you can pump up his sig to a high level, you’ll see how much his gameplay changes, He can really bring the pain. And if you have g1 meg, your probably more likely to lean towards having bots that synergies with him.

If you plan on sticking with soundwave, and maxing our that sig, you won’t regret it. Just remember while he’s at a lower sig it’s not as useful or game changing.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    I had a 3* soundwave with a ridiculous sig level that i never actually realized was as high as it was and playing with him in arena one day against ironhide he reflected everything ironhide threw at him, sw is a very different bot to play with he actually gains power evading, so if you like dancing he can be very useful
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Just want to say that getting to high Sig level with a 5* takes a very, very long time. As in years. Unless the Soundwave in question is already at Sig 50 or higher, I wouldn’t go down that path.
  • KakaMaxKakaMax Posts: 44
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Just want to say that getting to high Sig level with a 5* takes a very, very long time. As in years. Unless the Soundwave in question is already at Sig 50 or higher, I wouldn’t go down that path.

Not that long at all.
    Depends on how much you play and how many bot crystals you grab during your activity and your luck of the draw.

The more 5* you have, the higher the chance for them to dupe, which gives you more chips that enables you to get more bots from the store which augments your roster.

I have barely have been playing for 1 year and have all non Titan bots as 5* except for 3 of them, plus 1 Titan (yeah, of course it's THAT one lol)

One of my bots is at sig 51 and a few others around 30.

With the new month events, the rhythm has accelerated A LOT and bot chips seem to rain all over you, more so when you buy bots you already have to upgrade their sigs.

I have a few bots I haven't had for more than 4 months and they're already at sig 20 thanks to bad luck (bots I don't care for like hound, that one gets duped a lot for me! What as waste...), if I actually used programs on them they could be easily at around 40
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    KakaMax wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Not that long at all.
    Depends on how much you play and how many bot crystals you grab during your activity and your luck of the draw.

The more 5* you have, the higher the chance for them to dupe, which gives you more chips that enables you to get more bots from the store which augments your roster.

I have barely have been playing for 1 year and have all non Titan bots as 5* except for 3 of them, plus 1 Titan (yeah, of course it's THAT one lol)

One of my bots is at sig 51 and a few others around 30.

With the new month events, the rhythm has accelerated A LOT and bot chips seem to rain all over you, more so when you buy bots you already have to upgrade their sigs.

I have a few bots I haven't had for more than 4 months and they're already at sig 20 thanks to bad luck (bots I don't care for like hound, that one gets duped a lot for me! What as waste...), if I actually used programs on them they could be easily at around 40

You are right in the game has changed in the past year and that you are able to acquire 5* bots more quickly. You are also right that this should technically lead to more dupes, increasing their Sig.

Where you miss my point is in your understanding of high sig relative to Soundwave. You mention Sig 20 and even a 40 with some other bots. I said 50+ as a starting point to then decide to keep investing in Soundwave.

Remember this comment in a year when you still don’t have a 5* bot with a Sig over 80. Of course, if you grind real hard and stick to a specific bot you may get there sooner but not much sooner.