Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Soundwave's heavy: impossible to escape when cornered?

KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I've tried a lot when Laserbeak tries to shoot me when I'm against the wall with no luck. When I'm using Soundwave, I also make the maximum exploit out of this behavior. But I've once seen the AI successfully sidestepped it. Is the timing very important?

Come to think about it, nearly every attack can be escaped but some of them are just tricky. I'll share my experience:
  • UM's S1: don't dodge too quickly, wait for the hammer to drop and sidestep it.
  • Prowl's S2 (second shot) and Bludgeon's S2 (the tank cannon shot): a well timed backstep
  • Shockwave's S2 (the laser beam) seems impossible but a well timed sidestep can dodge it.
  • Rhinox's S2: if you blocked the first chaingun, backstep out the second and backstep again to gain distance so that the third one doesn't connect you at all, then sidestep the last projectile. But if you're cornered, just block.
  • Same thing for the seemingly impossible Mixmaster's S2, if you have enough distance behind you, you first sidestep the second flame blast, and quickly do backsteps in order to get out of the radius of the last bomb.
  • Duped Mirage's unblockable S2: with anticipation, sidestep the gun shot and back step the kick. If you blocked the gun shot in close range, you can still backstep the kick. Otherwise, the shot and the kick will arrive nearly together with no way to bug out.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Bonecrusher and BBB's S2 are impossible to shake off once the first hit blocked, except that Bee's last gun blast can be sidestepped.
  • OtriumOtrium Posts: 91
    What about ironhides sp2? Quite hard to sidestep the first couple of times
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Windblade and Mirage can do it (to answer the question in the subject line)
    Otherwise, you're screwed
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Windblade and Mirage can do it (to answer the question in the subject line)
    Otherwise, you're screwed

Use heavy? Okay I'll try.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Every attack is avoidable so far. As for Soundwave only thing I can say is learn to be more aggressive. Having proper positioning in the arena really helps for the more difficult content. I haven't tried to sidestep Soundwave heavy but...im sure you can the timing is probably just more delayed.
  • I've seen AI sidestep my Soundwave heavy.

It's possible but hard as hell, better off backstepping.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Every attack is avoidable so far. As for Soundwave only thing I can say is learn to be more aggressive. Having proper positioning in the arena really helps for the more difficult content. I haven't tried to sidestep Soundwave heavy but...im sure you can the timing is probably just more delayed.

SW heavy has two components: there's the laser blasts, and there's a splash effect. If you sidestep the laser, typically you get hit by the splash effect. I guess you might be able to sidestep the laser then again sidestep the splash.

If you manage to do it let us know!

But I agree with Toth - positioning is important. Don't get cornered :)