Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why Aren't More Bots Being Added?

I haven't played TFTF in maybe 3 years, and this is my first time on the forums here.. But I heard no more bots have been added. Is there a reason for this? Color me curious.

Comments

• Inb4delete. But what @JIMMY_SAB is correct, and welcome back to F2F.
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited September 2020
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Oof, this is definitely a sensitive topic on this forum. Normally, a post like this would garner a lot of snark and negativity. Considering this is your first time on the forum and that you’ve been away from the game, I thought I could help save you some time searching and also avoid said negativity.

At the end of the day, the actual reason Kabam stopped releasing new bots is UNKNOWN — that became clear in Dec 2018/Jan 2019 shortly after Jetfire was released and Generic Bot Chips we’re introduced (see the first link below for the details). Since then, the game team has released “new” bots known as “re-skins” (a popular term because they mimic existing bots in appearance/motion illustrations). I personally count these as “new” bots because their abilities are unique and nothing like the bot they mimic (eg. StarScream and Thundercracker is a good example). There have been 3 new bots/reskins:

- Thundercracker
    - Nemesis Prime
    - Necrotronus
    *Note that S-1000 Shark was also released but was in the game before Jetfire.

Generic Bot Chip thread: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/7259/generic-bot-chip-discussion-thread/p1

Bot Intel Reports to see reskins after Jetfire: https://transformersforgedtofight.com/category/new-bots/

Bottom line is that it boils down to what each player expects from this game. It’s perfectly fine if you consider new bots the measure of new content. It’s equally fine if you consider new story and missions as new content. We are currently getting something in between.

Direction of game team thread:
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9988/mini-update-on-our-goals#latest

Hope this was helpful. Welcome back to TFTF.

I still think reskins are reskins.
    Their extremely easy to develop, have the same model as their counterpart except they have a new paint job.
    I know this is a thing Hasbro does so dont you dare question my transformers IQ.
    Im a person that has looked up to Smash creator Masahiro Sakurai for a while now and reskins/echo fighters are just an easy way to develop characters for either lack of imagination or hope for a game because they only care for another popular franchise that makes more money KABAAAAAAAM OR due to time constraints.
    Even though Lucina has a unique model and a few unique traits, she is still an echo fighter.
    But here's the thing, in Smash Bros, there are characters that have similar aspects to another character but have completely different models and attacks.
    Ganondorf barely makes it as a new character because his moves are very similar to Falcons apart from his famous DOORYAH smash attacks.
    So overall, the points add up to Nemesis Prime, Thundercracker and Necrotronus being echo fighters

NOT CLONES, MEN!

• JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Oof, this is definitely a sensitive topic on this forum. Normally, a post like this would garner a lot of snark and negativity. Considering this is your first time on the forum and that you’ve been away from the game, I thought I could help save you some time searching and also avoid said negativity.

At the end of the day, the actual reason Kabam stopped releasing new bots is UNKNOWN — that became clear in Dec 2018/Jan 2019 shortly after Jetfire was released and Generic Bot Chips we’re introduced (see the first link below for the details). Since then, the game team has released “new” bots known as “re-skins” (a popular term because they mimic existing bots in appearance/motion illustrations). I personally count these as “new” bots because their abilities are unique and nothing like the bot they mimic (eg. StarScream and Thundercracker is a good example). There have been 3 new bots/reskins:

- Thundercracker
    - Nemesis Prime
    - Necrotronus
    *Note that S-1000 Shark was also released but was in the game before Jetfire.

Generic Bot Chip thread: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/7259/generic-bot-chip-discussion-thread/p1

Bot Intel Reports to see reskins after Jetfire: https://transformersforgedtofight.com/category/new-bots/

Bottom line is that it boils down to what each player expects from this game. It’s perfectly fine if you consider new bots the measure of new content. It’s equally fine if you consider new story and missions as new content. We are currently getting something in between.

Direction of game team thread:
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9988/mini-update-on-our-goals#latest

Hope this was helpful. Welcome back to TFTF.

I still think reskins are reskins.
    Their extremely easy to develop, have the same model as their counterpart except they have a new paint job.
    I know this is a thing Hasbro does so dont you dare question my transformers IQ.
    Im a person that has looked up to Smash creator Masahiro Sakurai for a while now and reskins/echo fighters are just an easy way to develop characters for either lack of imagination or hope for a game because they only care for another popular franchise that makes more money KABAAAAAAAM OR due to time constraints.
    Even though Lucina has a unique model and a few unique traits, she is still an echo fighter.
    But here's the thing, in Smash Bros, there are characters that have similar aspects to another character but have completely different models and attacks.
    Ganondorf barely makes it as a new character because his moves are very similar to Falcons apart from his famous DOORYAH smash attacks.
    So overall, the points add up to Nemesis Prime, Thundercracker and Necrotronus being echo fighters

NOT CLONES, MEN!

LOL, 3 flags!
    Everybody hates me for no reason even when I don't spam!
    Flagging ain't gonna do anything to me!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Inb4delete. But what @JIMMY_SAB is correct, and welcome back to F2F.

I don’t know why it would be deleted since it seems like a legit question from someone who just joined the forums.

As for the debate on reskins being new bots. I consider them new bots despite having the same model and moves. The different abilities make them new bots. For example, vs Bonecrusher, you probably wouldn’t use Starscream over Thundercracker.

Also, I don’t count Necrotronus as a reskin since his appearance, moves (well, just his S3 is the same), and abilities are different from Megatronus.

As for why, there are many different theories as to why Kabam stopped with the monthly releases. Kabam has never admitted to the reason (I think maybe out of embarrassment or what not) leading us to speculate even more.

Well, they did say it’s so people could work on strengthening their rosters or something. But that’s been going on for almost two years now.
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    edited September 2020
    I don’t know why it would be deleted since it seems like a legit question from someone who just joined the forums.

You have a point, but there were other threads like this but got deleted, not specifically about this... But yeah.
  • I wonder what Kabam's break even cost is for this game? We've got to be approaching the magic plug pulling figure.
This discussion has been closed.