Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shield wheeljack at megatron

Hi all! I recently played for megatron g1 against a wheeljack and I stole his shield. But the megatron still suffered damage. You can explain this error or just the developers didn't make it possible for the megatron to use the shield.

Comments

• It's not a bug, it's a feature. An armor is a kind of protection suit that the villain can wear on once stolen. But a shield is a scientist thing which requires knowledge for it to work. Megatron is pool educated so he doesn't have the knowledge. However, as we'll see in Act 5, he will learn how to use shield, which is part of the will-be-developed mastery "knowing is just half of the battle".
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    ep8mq5dz8b39.jpeg
  • I think you all are overthinking this. It's not part of megatron's kit, therefore he can't benefit from it. Same with energon shield. Since megs can have nano repair, crit, and damage buffs, he will benefit from stealing regen, crit, and damage buffs. Does megs evade when stealing bee's evade buff? I don't think so.
  • It's not a bug, it's a feature. An armor is a kind of protection suit that the villain can wear on once stolen. But a shield is a scientist thing which requires knowledge for it to work. Megatron is pool educated so he doesn't have the knowledge. However, as we'll see in Act 5, he will learn how to use shield, which is part of the will-be-developed mastery "knowing is just half of the battle".

Megatron needs to raise those intelligence points on his confidant list!
    He has to have an encyclopedic mind to do that kind stuff.
    Just enough to to play shogi!
    obznf8t9soxd.png

obznf8t9soxd.png

I feel like I may be the only person that gets this joke.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. An armor is a kind of protection suit that the villain can wear on once stolen. But a shield is a scientist thing which requires knowledge for it to work. Megatron is pool educated so he doesn't have the knowledge. However, as we'll see in Act 5, he will learn how to use shield, which is part of the will-be-developed mastery "knowing is just half of the battle".

obznf8t9soxd.png

yeah you are
  • Firebot wrote: »
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. An armor is a kind of protection suit that the villain can wear on once stolen. But a shield is a scientist thing which requires knowledge for it to work. Megatron is pool educated so he doesn't have the knowledge. However, as we'll see in Act 5, he will learn how to use shield, which is part of the will-be-developed mastery "knowing is just half of the battle".

obznf8t9soxd.png

yeah you are

For real!

obznf8t9soxd.png

yeah you are

For real!

Perfect reaction.

obznf8t9soxd.png

yeah you are

For real!

For real!
    Somebody flagged me for a joke about a game I've never played before!?
    Don't mess with persona fans, they will beat you up if you think Haru is best girl!

obznf8t9soxd.png

yeah you are

For real!

For real!
    Somebody flagged me for a joke about a game I've never played before!?
    Don't mess with persona fans, they will beat you up if you think Haru is best girl!

Well, I've never played it either, not 5 anyway.

Back to the topic at hand, this isn't a bug, this is normal. What KillMasterC and Bi1b0Baggins said are correct. That's... Basically all that needs to be said.