Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

An idea for Kabam: New bots with out having to make new bots!!!

So we all want new bots, butI'm guessing because of the financial investment required that is unlikely to happen. SO why not make the cassette bots (Ravage etc) that come out of Soundwave and Blaster's chests into fully fledged bots in their own right? They can still do their bit for the bigger buddies, but surely a good chunk of the character development is already done? I guess their non robot mode might need some work, but surely this might be a shortcut to getting new bots in the game without too much major investment???? Just a thought :smile:

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Don’t call me shirley is the only thing I can think of reading this post.
  • Fair point, but what I meant was: without having to make new bots from scratch - so the basic modelling work has been done already.
  • Do they make the bots from scratch? Oh wow.
  • Wow indeed! Seems people on this forum like to be deliberately awkward and don’t want to be constructive. I’m sure you are right, they probably reuse a basic 3D model that is then customised into the specific character. I was just thinking since the character had had at least some development it might be an easy way to bring in a new bot without doing ALL the work of developing a new bot. But I’m sure most of you understood that, but thought you’d try to be clever and take some cheap shots. Well done you guys. Good input. No wonder this forum is being shut down.
  • Wow indeed! Seems people on this forum like to be deliberately awkward and don’t want to be constructive. I’m sure you are right, they probably reuse a basic 3D model that is then customised into the specific character. I was just thinking since the character had had at least some development it might be an easy way to bring in a new bot without doing ALL the work of developing a new bot. But I’m sure most of you understood that, but thought you’d try to be clever and take some cheap shots. Well done you guys. Good input. No wonder this forum is being shut down.

The Kabam moderators are gonna have a lovely chat with you if you have that type of attitude.
    Yelling out that you want new bots to Kabam is translated to "I want this thread to get closed/deleted".
    It's not our fault we want new bots, it's just that we've stopped trying.
  • It was just an idea... sorry it seems to have cause so much negativity.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I always thought it would be a cool idea to make rewind as a playable bot but he would need completely new animations..
  • I hadn’t heard of Rewind before, but yeah it would have been fun to have a whole shelf of tape bots! Rumble could have had an awesome animation of the ground breaking. Laserbeak could have been fun too... super though it would be challenging to make the tape modes work well - although possible I guess.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited October 2020
    Wow indeed! Seems people on this forum like to be deliberately awkward and don’t want to be constructive.

You’re right, my comment about “shirley” was not constructive to your original post. But neither is making a post about something already addressed by the game team. Literally, the first result when you SEARCH the forum for “new bots” is this post below from Kabam Miike stating that Kabam has no plans to introduce new bots. However, I understand you think using an existing bot is not the same as a creating a new bot. To be constructive to your comment on that aspect, I will say this much. Using an existing bot in the game to then be a different, playable bot does in fact require game developer time and resources. Search the word “reskin” and learn that Kabam does in fact require resources to make a bot like Thundercracker and Nemesis Prime.

xny1ztj7ylc9.jpeg

But I’m sure most of you understood that, but thought you’d try to be clever and take some cheap shots. Well done you guys. Good input. No wonder this forum is being shut down.

Again, it seems my “shirley” joke struck a nerve for you. I’m sorry that happened to you. However, don’t slander an entire community by suggesting threads like this have led to the forum being archived as read only — that’s a nuanced difference. What we are losing with the forum archive is the ability for players to communicate with each other and Kabam. That communication is shifting to other places such as Discord. We also have Facebook when it comes to outlets that are being managed by Kabam. Now go and spend time in those places before accusing the forum community of having poor input or taking cheap shots.
  • Hi Jimmy, thanks for the clarification.

I think if you read my original post and later entries you will find I stated it would require some development time. I may be wrong, but I am guessing that It is because of the huge amount of development time required for a new bot, that that is why they might not be too keen to make them. I am also aware of the the many posts demanding new bots and of people being told to stop asking for new bots – all to no avail. That is why I thought it might be worth pointing out that just possibly, building on some work that had already been started might be a way to satisfy people's desires for a new bot without having to do all of development work from the beginning.

I certainly didn't mean to slander the entire community, but having been a casual reader of this forum for some time now, it does seem that people often get shot down in flames and the conversation becomes needlessly childish and personal, admittedly not by all, but by some. This game is meant to be fun and I guess we're all fans so I think we should be able to converse without insults and being rude and dismissive.

Anyway, I now regret ever posting on this forum and really don't want to waste anymore time defending what I thought was a fun and harmless idea.