Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ininite streak not after 20 anymore?

See above, never had this match up before at 24 wins qqcf1etk5tuv.png

Comments

• i've seen it twice now as well in this arena. now to scramble for alphas to rank up my r1s
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    With the introduction of masteries, it has changed the both the total team pi requirement as well as the needed bot composition just enough to screw with the usual matchmaking.

3x r1 4* bots will always get you a hard matchup once on infinite streak.

You need to blend them in, use 2x 3/30 3* and one r1 4* if you want to see easy matchups, or a 2/20 4* with a 3/30 3* and hen an r1 4*.
  • i have been running 3 r1 4* for pretty much every arena in the last two months and have not had an issue with them being hard battles. I'm not sure what the variable is this time but something is different.
  • I agree (as do a lot of players) that the streak has been tuned. Three 1/4 will definitely not work before 20 wins and may still meet hard team after. And oddly enough many of us came across this "SgtSlaughter" with an insane Motormaster.
  • this is the exact set of teams I've came up against 3 times now in this arena while trying it so it seems funny that everyone would get the same streak killer.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Same groups I came across as well. With 2/5's I had no issues, 1/5s same three teams popped up. Whatever its fine I will just be a ninja then
  • For battles 16 to 20 it's tuned up as well. Anything 3* under 3 rank fours brought sgt slaughter. Before I could use three rank threes over 3500
  • It just sucks because I could grind top 5 without spending energon before this.
  • Well (and I'm not saying that it didn't work before), but if they aligned it to more like the MCOC calculator then you wouldn't have expected an r1 4* to work. You would need max ~3*s x 3 in total PI (there's a threshold just below). To use 4* you'd need an equivalent, so at least a team of 4* 2/20 rather than rank 1s. That would have been cool if r1s did work (wish I knew that, everything else was so familiar I already assumed even trying that was a waste of time :P). If rank 2s work then you know for sure they just adjusted to ~ 3* 4/40 with a threshold across the board (which is what I would have thought in the first place).
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    @Supraliminal 3* 3/30x3 is the threshold for infinite streak
  • It isn't the masteries... it is the people getting T2A from the Last Knight challenge.

The way it works is based off what bots the community is bringing to arena. Whenever there is a shift like this, where some resource becomes more readily available, you will see an increase in what you need to bring to avoid hard matchups.

It has always been that way in MCOC and we have seen it here so far in TFTF. The last one was the T3B in raid, and before that, when they added T1A to raid.
  • @tekkn1kal you mean if the overall performance is increased, the game itself will adjust automatically (without the team tuning anything)? T2A isn't ready for everyone, it's for maybe 1% of the community, and it's one single T2A to raise one single Bot to 4/5, adding about 500PI to an arena team. Could that be enough to be instantly felt by all of the Arena grinders?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    dont use 3 4* rank 2.. it will definitely cause this to happen.

I've tried on 2 4*s rank 3 + 1 3* it works normal. 3 4*s rank 3 works too without breaking easy streak.

4*s rank 2 and below (all in a team) is definitely no no.. likely Kabam's decision so ppl don't lowball for the sake of getting points. You do realize 4* wins give much more points right? It's likely a way to balance things at Arena.
  • @tekkn1kal you mean if the overall performance is increased, the game itself will adjust automatically (without the team tuning anything)? T2A isn't ready for everyone, it's for maybe 1% of the community, and it's one single T2A to raise one single Bot to 4/5, adding about 500PI to an arena team. Could that be enough to be instantly felt by all of the Arena grinders?

Progression in the bots people are bringing to AM. Think of it in terms of each individual arena battle and not the whole community. What I mean by that is, if a guy loads in for 400 arena fights he is influencing with his roster 400 times. Especially in the case of someone who is refreshing and loading the same team over and over.

Now, when you look at the types of players that really play hardcore arena, they aren't really necessarily the same people who had finished RoK and are doing high level AM. However, now they basically released a full T2A to a bunch of upper-mid level grinders who previously had very little access to T2A. Certainly I understand not everyone is capable of finishing the challenge, but it is far greater access to T2A than before.

In any event, yes, it is enough to drive up the minimum threshold to avoid hard matchups.
  • I have played to streak 17 but the enemies don't goo easier......
    I think the 'Easy Matchups After Streak 15' is a lie...
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Kabam changed the rules to make it harder for non paying $$$ players, that why they don't answer to any topics addressing the arena issue, don't blame the masteries my lvl is 50 & I used all my masteries but still getting hard 16th fights when I use 3* 3/4.
    So the new way is to use 3* 4/4 or higher for fights 16-20 then you can use 2600 teams.

5l5wq48j29be.png
    hg0na2grps86.png
    yn0rqn83osjv.png
    kb4o1csie89i.png
    v8cknb2z28d2.png
    0axogk2kel5c.png
    th46nfoyiuek.png

• Manthro wrote: »
    @Supraliminal 3* 3/30x3 is the threshold for infinite streak

IF it is identical it isn't exactly that either, it's more like some line that may or may not be surpassed at 3/30 depending on base PI of the bots you picked, so you'd want rank 4 to be 100% sure, but yes. In any case main point was just based on expectations I would never have thought 4* r1 was even worth trying, shame I'm only hearing that it worked after a post saying it no longer works. Then again... I'm not sure that it matters TOO much with only rank 1-5 getting bots and all. Would probably have removed an entire rotation to get all milestones though if I had known.