Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Missions: Power and Madness

Commanders!

Shockwave proved a worthy adversary and boss in Alliance Missions, but the struggle for control of the Decepticons has brought a new challenger to the throne of Alliance Mission Boss. The deranged and power hungry Galvatron is here!

Remember! Alliance Wars are now on a 4-Day on, 3 day off schedule! They will now start at 5am Pacific Time every Thursday morning!

Map and Node Changes

Forgotten Ruins:

The Forgotten Ruins map is only seeing a small update, with Shockwave being replaced by Galvatron (with a Defensive Power Gain buff), and Megatron taking the place of Ramjet as the miniboss, with a Synergy node that will let him place extra Impair Charges.

Shattered Lands:

Similar to the Forgotten Ruins map, Ramjet will be replaced by Megatron, also with a Synergy buff that will grant him a chance to Stun opponents upon placing 20 impair charges. Starscream bows out as Soundwave and his Heavy Attack Stun buff move down to the 2nd Miniboss space. Taking Soundwave’s spot as the last Miniboss will be Shockwave, with his Synergy buff granting him the ability to passively generate Energy Charges.

Milestone Changes
Since we are now moving away from the 5-Day schedule of Alliance Missions, we’re reducing the points needed to achieve Milestones in Alliance Missions. The rewards haven’t changed this time, but remember that you’ll also be able to score Featured Bot chips from Milestone Rewards on weeks 2 and 4 of the month!

x2jaz66syloy.png

That’s it for this new iteration of Alliance Missions, commanders! There’s lots of new things going on in New Quintessa, and it’s all coming on October 5th! Prepare yourselves!
Tagged:

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Awesome! Megatron's gonna be a pain and so will Soundwave like always but Galvatron will be a fun fight hopefully and not a heavy spamming, bullet reflecting lil bully like Soundwave haha
  • Are the path bots staying the same or changing?
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Are the path bots staying the same or changing?

Those have not been updated this time around.

Thanks, any news on am completion rewards being increased or not?
    Totherkins wrote: »

Thanks, any news on am completion rewards being increased or not?

I just answered this in another thread, so please pardon the copy and paste!

I've talked to the team, and they have not changed the Completion this time around, but are going to be keeping an eye on this. This is our first time doing the 4 Days/3 Days and we want to know more about how people play before we make any choices regarding Map Rewards.
  • It's fine just saw your response after making my comment....was gonna edit out my comment. But thanks for the help!
  • Commanders!

Remember! Alliance Wars are now on a 4-Day on, 3 day off schedule! They will now start at 5am Pacific Time every Thursday morning!

Map and Node Changes

5AM? WTH? Who is supposed to be up at 5am to start these things? Even for east coast it is 8am, right in the middle of folks getting ready for work/school. I know, in my alliance at least, that many days we are scrambling to get folks to finish the last 2 hours of the run to complete Shattered Lands maps 100% and now that will be impossible since you’re talking about the hours of 3am-5am.

Thanks for killing the possibility of completing Shattered Lands 100%.
    I was pretty pleased when I started playing TFT and found the 5pm start time. That meant that many folks were or would be available at start time or shortly after, not like the 12pm start time of MCOC where many were in the middle of their work/school day. Now with 5am I can think of maybe 6 out of 18 in my alliance that will be available anywhere near start time and the last 6-7 hours of AM being completely dead.

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    It’s run for 24hrs how are you not going to complete? People just will start slower and finish stronger where before it was other way round

And I’m not thrilled with start time either but completing should not be a concern
  • Grandaddy313Grandaddy313 Posts: 75
    edited October 2017
    @kabam Miike Is the reset date for donation is going to change or will stay on Sunday as is?
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    @Zahngril , don’t forget players come from all over the world. It’s always 5am somewhere...

It doesn’t really matter when it starts or finishes as long as your team play at roughly the same time as each other. Regardless when it begins, you’re always gonna be asleep for some of it, at school/work for some of it, whatever. This only changes which part of the map you’re up to in the morning/evening
  • @kabam Miike Is the reset date for donation is going to change or will stay on Sunday as is?

We're discussing this right now actually, but since this next week is once again a free week, we haven't discussed it much yet.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    We're discussing this right now actually, but since this next week is once again a free week, we haven't discussed it much yet.[/color]

Possible to change the reset to Wed before AM starts, thus giving us time to ensure all donations from AM gold rewards are in? Thank you.
  • Please check milestones 15-18. I think you've got a typo since 16 gives more items than 17.
  • KingOfPain wrote: »
    Please check milestones 15-18. I think you've got a typo since 16 gives more items than 17.

I think you're right... On it!
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You’ve always gotten the 100 t3 and 100t2a then next milestone is only t2a
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    I think the reward need a big reworking plz kabam make the rewards more worth it for the ams I dnt mind using health pack for high levels if the rewards are worth it but right now there a far cry from it in my eyes plz think about making the am reward better.
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    @Zahngril , don’t forget players come from all over the world. It’s always 5am somewhere...

It doesn’t really matter when it starts or finishes as long as your team play at roughly the same time as each other. Regardless when it begins, you’re always gonna be asleep for some of it, at school/work for some of it, whatever. This only changes which part of the map you’re up to in the morning/evening

Very true Trailfire, gaming is international. I would be interested to know if there was any player activity research done by Kabam. Even my European players think it is a bad time to start. 5am is 2pm in many parts of Europe when folks are at work or school...

I don’t fault Kabam for changing times if the current isn’t optimal for the majority but I fail to see how this particular time is an improvement rather than an obstacle.

• Faithz17 wrote: »
    We're discussing this right now actually, but since this next week is once again a free week, we haven't discussed it much yet.[/color]

Possible to change the reset to Wed before AM starts, thus giving us time to ensure all donations from AM gold rewards are in? Thank you.

Great suggestion +1

• TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited October 2017
    Zahngril wrote: »
    Very true Trailfire, gaming is international. I would be interested to know if there was any player activity research done by Kabam.

Mike said just yesterday that they did this based of analysis of player activity. I wouldn’t call it “research” exactly, I’m sure they just look at login/AFK times in aggregate from their own servers, found the hours when the highest number of players were playing, and timed it to coincide. Or possibly the opposite - found the 6hrs when fewest ppl played and synced it to that

But ultimately, a 24hr event doesn’t *really* matter what time of day it begins. It still takes up the same parts of every day.

What I think they really looked at, was which days of the week are more and less popular
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Time of day does matter a bit. If someone cannot play within a couple of hours of start or end then they may end up losing (burning) energy with a limit of 5.
  • I was probably a bit hasty yesterday with my post, I’ll admit that...I did start as a MCOC player of 2+ years after all...that is what they do there, see a change and scream about it...lol. Hoping this pans out, so far starting out decent but still a bunch of time & map to go and then the weekend days. Will keep my trap shut until there is more real data to talk about.