Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

THE PREMIUM CRYSTAL SHRAD PROBLUM

Hi NOT the one you buy with energon but the one with shards OK i never pull eny thing it should be called to premium 2 star crystal inightskys the youtuber that plays your game made a video of him opening 80 crystal premium shards ALL HE GOT WAS 2 STARS NOT A SINGLE 3 OR 4 STAR HE MADE ANOTHER ONE HE GOT NOTHING EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE RATES OF THIS CRYSTAL ARE FREAKING LOW PLEASE TELL ME KABAM

Comments

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    formatting aside, he has a point, the rates for PBC shards definitely seems to be different from pure PBC. I've clearly seen it comparing my own and from countless videos of streamers.
  • True.
  • ha6gchsq7xyq.png

Lol you say it as I pull a 4star from a shard prem. It would stand to reason shards have less chance of s good pull as they are much easier to collect than full crystals
  • I opened 30 crystal shard pbc’s and Got all two stars... (Also what’s a shrad?)
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    edited October 2017
    I have also never pulled a 4* from a "premium" anything and I've been playing since launch.

I assume the chance is something like 0.1% - 0.4% in the crystal and 0.01% - 0.04% in the shard (misplaced decimal maybe?).
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    One of my guys a beta player just finally pulled his first 4* from pbc recently

So yes odds are extremely low but he has plenty of 4* from earning the 4* shards

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Elsie123darcey

I think this may be the case as well. I've only gotten about five 3 stars from shard premium crystals total. Crystals I got from the Shockwave and Galvatron specials yielded much better results.
  • Ive gotten 1 4* from pbc and been playing since the launch not the beta but it was Mixmaster lol of course you guys will make the worst bot a higher chance of getting lol all good though a 4* is a 4* I'll take it. I do like Mixmasters special attacks since you mafe changes to him a while back but he needs higher basix damage and so does ratchet sorry to get off topic thats another discussion
  • Basically saying premium crystals are a joke i would never use energon on them
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    11pmls3dvn31.jpeg
    They should be called 2* crystals
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    so far gotten 3 4* from the pbc and a few 3 * in 6 months or so
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    the shard crystal should be renamed, because with the same name it's misleading as people will think they have the same rates, but they don't.

That or the rates are bugged.
  • I've pulled a 3* star Megatron, Motormaster, Barricade & Grimlock this week from PBCs (with me getting Megatron & Motormaster last week or so) and these are my first 3 star guys since most of the things I gotten from PBCs were just dupes or mods before I gotten them. And I played this game since this first released.
  • CringeCringe Posts: 26
    Quit whining and learn to spell please, the chances are Random, just keep playing and earn 3* crystals yourself.
  • DatBoiLivesDatBoiLives Posts: 60
    edited October 2017
    Yeah I don't get alot of good stuff very often from Premium Bot Crystals.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    The reason is that the 4 stars are all at the begining where we cant get it so by the time it rolls we get to the 2 stars
    Theyre at the very very begining where nobody can get it and there are random 4 stars hanging around
  • Steelbane wrote: »
    The reason is that the 4 stars are all at the begining where we cant get it so by the time it rolls we get to the 2 stars

No, that's not how crystals work. The crystals are preset. Or in other words; rigged.

RIGGED.
  • I stoppend being deluded by the crystal opening the exact moment I decided to keep my 2 stars bots for arenas, and starting to collect shards for 3 and 4 star crystals.
    This way, I'm okay with any bot I got, because if it's a new one, it's great, but if I got a double, I power up the bot, plus I get extra resources.
    thats what im doing too and im waiting to get dupes so i can upgrade the sig ability and forge it into other bots to get shards
  • Ive gotten 1 4* from pbc and been playing since the launch not the beta but it was Mixmaster lol of course you guys will make the worst bot a higher chance of getting lol all good though a 4* is a 4* I'll take it. I do like Mixmasters special attacks since you mafe changes to him a while back but he needs higher basix damage and so does ratchet sorry to get off topic thats another discussion

try shooting to get your opponent on burn or acid debuff. Your Melee should then see a significant damage.

• xJamesss wrote: »
    i didnt pull a 4* from any premium or special crystal, only from 4* bot crystals and i play since April

This is it right here.

I was just thinking about this thread this morning before knowing it was made. If we are paying money or energon for the special crystals...(AND HOW I HATE THIS LOOT BOX STYLE OF REWARDING PLAYERS) then please make the drop rate of a PREMIUM robot a higher. 2 stars are not premium. Lets just get that out of the way now. They are useless and serve no purpose once you get past a certain level, and that level is very easy to achieve.

I opened over 20 "premium" crystals and pulled no 3 or 4 star. Since I began this game I think in April, I only pulled 1 four star and 4 three stars...out of I have no idea how many crystals.

The "Special Character Crystals" are just as bad. Why for the love of everything holy, why are the drop rates so high for a two star bot in something that we pay for? It is disgusting. and I thank the lord I have not actually spent money on the energon I used to open those crystals, or any crystal at all.
    i didnt pull a 4* from any premium or special crystal, only from 4* bot crystals and i play since April

This is it right here.

I was just thinking about this thread this morning before knowing it was made. If we are paying money or energon for the special crystals...(AND HOW I HATE THIS LOOT BOX STYLE OF REWARDING PLAYERS) then please make the drop rate of a PREMIUM robot a higher. 2 stars are not premium. Lets just get that out of the way now. They are useless and serve no purpose once you get past a certain level, and that level is very easy to achieve.

I opened over 20 "premium" crystals and pulled no 3 or 4 star. Since I began this game I think in April, I only pulled 1 four star and 4 three stars...out of I have no idea how many crystals.

The "Special Character Crystals" are just as bad. Why for the love of everything holy, why are the drop rates so high for a two star bot in something that we pay for? It is disgusting. and I thank the lord I have not actually spent money on the energon I used to open those crystals, or any crystal at all.

I completely respect and agree with absolutely everything you said.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Now we wait for a response.....but don't hold your breath. These comments are very well written and make a damn good point. My argument has always been if j get good stuff I spend more, but if I get garbage, I spend elsewhere (ie not in a game)

This is it right here.

I completely respect and agree with absolutely everything you said.

Thank you sir. I know I am not the only one that feels this way and I am glad I am able to help bring the frustration to light...even if the executives do not care and know they are still making money by their current business model.
  • I empathize with everyone’s frustration, but... DON’T FORGET FORGING. Getting a 2* when you’re hoping for a 3* or 4* is definitely frustrating, and I won’t try to say it isn’t, but forging can make a bot more powerful than you may realize. Plus, remember that you get 3* crystal shards when you forge a 2*!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited November 2017
    I did pull 2x 3* Mirage out of PBCs, so it's just basically dumb luck

But the main thing that makes me hate PBCs is the 'deceptive' spinning animation, at the beginning of the spin, you can only see 3/4*s and only a few 2* bots but right when they're stopping, 2*s will appear suddenly OR sometimes it gets worse, you land on a 2* bot right between 3 or 4* bots. It's like the game is trying to trick you into wasting more and more energon
  • I’ve been playing since April and have never pulled a 4* from a crystal that wasn’t a 4* crystal. I will no longer spend money on the bundle deals or spend energon on featured crystals.
  • redshift9 wrote: »
    I empathize with everyone’s frustration, but... DON’T FORGET FORGING. Getting a 2* when you’re hoping for a 3* or 4* is definitely frustrating, and I won’t try to say it isn’t, but forging can make a bot more powerful than you may realize. Plus, remember that you get 3* crystal shards when you forge a 2*!

But then you run into the conundrum of not being able to participate in the arena fully. You have no bots because they were forged...you have to wait for "energy to regenerate" before you can battle in the arena again with your strong bots...

It is a vicious cycle.

One thing I think would ease the pain is if you forge your bots, and the bot you happen to be forging is the same bot of a lower class, and has already unlocked the special ability, the bot receiving that lower class bot should get some more of a bonus. Maybe something along the lines of a program just for that particular bot to awaken the ability and a program to strengthen the ability, all depending on the level of the ability the lower class bot has.

It is very annoying to ALWAYS get duplicate two star bots. That is the biggest issue. Always getting duplicate two stars. Pulling a two star is fine, pulling massive amounts of duplicate two stars is not...from a crystal that is supposedly "premium."