Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Do u think this is worth the effort for 1-2% arena ranking?

Tell me.. What u think for all that effort?Scored 995k pts in Asia server if you're wondering. Imo personally am demotivated to do a second round with such a score just for 1k chips. 3xqactqyhelv.jpeg

Comments

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    @Kabam Miike no idea why u think removing the 4* shards is a good move? Just for 1k bot chips? Srsly? When a 4* Galvatron costs 100k chips?
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Such a low payout.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    this would be ok if there was still maybe 300-400 4* shards for top 1-2% and maybe 100-200 for 3-4%. Theres enough ways to get the Galv chips I can live with that amount but overall very weak rewards for the effort
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Davien wrote: »
    Tell me.. What u think for all that effort?Scored 995k pts in Asia server if you're wondering. Imo personally am demotivated to do a second round with such a score just for 1k chips. 3xqactqyhelv.jpeg

If you're going to post numbers to state your case, you also have to be accurate as well. You also forgot to mention the 2250 chips that you received hitting all the milestones, along with thee energon as well.

You knew going in what the rewards were based on placement, did it suprise you that the rewards didn't change?

If you don't like the rewards, you don't have to play the arena..but if you add up the chips earned x4 days of AM (3260), that's 13000 chips in just 4 days (if you place in the 1-2%) for just playing something that you like. Not a bad deal if you think about it.

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    @Davien How many matches was that for you?

Im not a fan of this games Arena system in ANY way currently, and while I agree with your frustration to a degree, the fact is, is that the next highest Rank Reward you could have possibly gotten (which would have been ranks 1-10) would have only netted you an additional 500 Galvatron Chips and 2 Arena Crystals. Would those 500 extra chips have really made you feel like all that work you did was 'worth it'?

So, you knew going into this arena that the Rank Rewards were already pretty 'meh', and you still grinded out the arena anyways. Its a little hard to feel too much sympathy for you in this specific situation given the underlining circumstances.
  • I think that the main concern why Kabam did this is they want to spread out the load of the rewards within the game. So that every aspect of the game will be played as well, specially RAIDS.
    For some players, they tend to grind Arenas to be able to get new bots, gold and Energon.
    The shards present in previous Arena rewards will eventually result to a 3*/4* crystal.
    But now, we are just focusing on getting this singular bot.
    Which you can only dupe right away is by buying the Feature crystals.
    Gold farming is still a bit on the downside since we are only getting a limited number for Arena crystals.
    Energon, although you can get it now during a Bot arena, none of this is present in other Arenas.

So yes, the rewards are really low to be putting that much effort into it.
    Better just hit milestones and your done.
    It might work for someone but not everyone.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    I agree with milestones. Too bad all the arenas do not have milestones.
  • That is a joke thats why i barely put up many points and still got 500 chips
  • Il take the 500 for 2 play throughs
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    It was a but low but I did it anymore. Made the top 3% which is not easy for players at my overall level. 700 chips I didn't have earlier though.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    It was a but low but I did it anymore. Made the top 3% which is not easy for players at my overall level. 700 chips I didn't have earlier though.

But the difference between the 5-7% bracket and the 3-4% bracket is only 200 Galvatron Chips. So, the real question you have to ask yourself is, was working that hard to get into the 3-4% bracket really worth it when you probably could have done 100 less fights and only received 200 less chips. And do you think its worth doing another 100-200 fights to get into the 1-2% bracket where you would have only gotten 300 more chips?
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Don't bother with arenas, Kabam ruined them.
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »

If you're going to post numbers to state your case, you also have to be accurate as well. You also forgot to mention the 2250 chips that you received hitting all the milestones, along with thee energon as well.

You knew going in what the rewards were based on placement, did it suprise you that the rewards didn't change?

If you don't like the rewards, you don't have to play the arena..but if you add up the chips earned x4 days of AM (3260), that's 13000 chips in just 4 days (if you place in the 1-2%) for just playing something that you like. Not a bad deal if you think about it.

I'm referring to the rank reward. Not milestones. Kabam could do better instead of just 1k bot chips and some arena crystals. Once again those on their side will say it's just business. Either pay out or grind more. You might think this is acceptable but I don't.
    Slight improvements made to top 1-10%.. Appreciate kabam improving the rewards for feature bot arena.
    http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2172/october-update-discussion-thread/p14

ebga7wa8qb8q.png
  • Ray94Ray94 Posts: 41
    edited October 2017
    Still pretty crappy if you ask me. This arena and the raid arena are by far the worst. I will give Kabaam props for the others though. Two weeks of this a month is simply torture.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Nah they should have like 20000 shards for top 10 players and 1-10% get 18000 shards and so on
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Steelbane wrote: »
    Nah they should have like 20000 shards for top 10 players and 1-10% get 18000 shards and so on

Not sure if this was sarcasm, but... 20000 shards? Lol. Just lol. Sorry but, that's just an unrealistic expectation. If you want to have your opinion taken seriously, put forth a seriously realistic proposal.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    900 shards is nothing
    i'm happy with the changes.. look at it as a break from arena when you've bought both 3* and 4* Galv.. just aiming for that 10% for arena crystals.

as for crystal bounty arena that's a different story.. play it hardcore or lose out. You guys in EU and US have it easy.. try coming over to my place at Asia and see how high the scores are lol.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    The featured arenas are O.K, they have milestones and it's easy to get into 1-10%. All the other arenas are more or less worthless after they halfed the rewards.

As an example, you now have to put in double the effort for half the rewards in crystal bounty compared to the old system. That's just plain bad in every way.
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    @Davien I kept up with them before the split :smile:
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Was waiting for @Mallowman to reply...guy has only placed top 5 in the last 200 arenas lol
  • Lol @BOFAD I am around.