Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Game is down can't sign in

13»

Comments

• Options
    Davien wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

First, sorry for the late replies on this one. Secondly, the situation should now be fixed. If you are still experiencing any issues, please give it a few moments and try logging in again.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

compensating is really not the culture of Kabam huh? When there's so much rage going on here you guys should really consider it. For a downtime that will affect AM, Crystal Bounty Arena, and raids (where many are going for the 4* shards). Even some energon will make many of us here happy.

We don't start to even think about those kinds of things until the situation has been fixed. As you can see, there are still players having issues, so we're not even close to thinking about that.

Additionally, unplanned downtimes affect all players in the same way, especially since we've split the Arenas into timezones. Unplanned downtimes will happen from time to time, though we will try to keep them from happening.
  • Options
    cml007cml007 Posts: 38
    Hey Guys,

First, sorry for the late replies on this one. Secondly, the situation should now be fixed. If you are still experiencing any issues, please give it a few moments and try logging in again.

compensating is really not the culture of Kabam huh? When there's so much rage going on here you guys should really consider it. For a downtime that will affect AM, Crystal Bounty Arena, and raids (where many are going for the 4* shards). Even some energon will make many of us here happy.

We don't start to even think about those kinds of things until the situation has been fixed. As you can see, there are still players having issues, so we're not even close to thinking about that.

Additionally, unplanned downtimes affect all players in the same way, especially since we've split the Arenas into timezones. Unplanned downtimes will happen from time to time, though we will try to keep them from happening.

No they don't, you are only taking arena into consideration, how about raid chips, galvatron chips, and am timing?
  • Options
    I still can’t login (Europe time zone).
  • Options
    cml007cml007 Posts: 38
    Also most companies offer some sort of compensation for inconveniences like this, nobody is complaining about the scheduled maintenance you gave notice for
  • Options
    cml007 wrote: »
    Also most companies offer some sort of compensation for inconveniences like this, nobody is complaining about the scheduled maintenance you gave notice for

As has already been said in this thread, we can't start to talk about this until the situation is solved. Creating more and more posts on it doesn't help anybody, especially not you.

We are currently focussing on getting the game up and running.
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Kabaam Miike Please keep us updated because i cant join still
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Nevermind
  • Options
    Is everybody able to join now?
  • Options
    Kr_DCKr_DC Posts: 15
    I was able to join since 1.5 hours. Game was down for about 1.5 hours prior that..
    Asian time zone..
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Hey Guys,

I'm only suggesting it.. take it or leave it with a pinch of salt. Compensating or not doesn't affect me much anyway as I have 2k energon (bought earlier) and didn't crashed out/ lose out on those stated game modes. Just thinking on behalf of your company and the health of the game in the long run.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    A very popular and well known personality, not to mention one of the most viewed twitch streamers around, Kripp, recently made some comments about mobile games, he was referencing in general and applying it to another game, but it equally applies here.

It was very interesting.

He said:
    I have learned a very important and key aspect that makes all good mobile games successful, and that is when they (ahem) something up, they fix it really quickly and add some form of compensation that is extremely generous every time this happens. In, like, all the other mobile games that I play, if there's downtime unexpectedly or just scheduled downtime, "sorry for scheduled downtime, we just wanted to give you guys more content but you couldn't play the game for 4 hours, here's like 10 bucks worth of content."

The Nemsy Debacle is the video in question, well worth watching the entire video. There was lots of good commentary in it. I won't link it because the forums seem to have some sort of auto reaction to links.

One of other comments he made, about content was:
    Another thing to keep in mind, just in general, in the video gaming industry, you're selling entertainment, you're selling a positive experience. So, to deliver like a 50/50 would be a disaster. You do not want, as a company, as a developer, to spend time and money creating content that half the people will hate. If half the people like it and half the people hate it, you've done a bad job. Because, the negative experiences are going to be much more memorable than the positive ones. Who does it target? Existing players. What if a core of them stop playing because of it? See how that might be a problem if you spent time and money to actually make this happen? It would seem pretty dumb right?

I think it's a very interesting comment, who content is being made for and how many people are actually happy with it, like for example, raid milestones that no one can achieve, or taking away rank rewards from 3-10% and 11-20% and instead giving those exact same rewards to 3-4% and 5-7%.

Just some food for thought and a chance to grow and be successful.

Honestly, it seems a bit short sighted and kind of petty to be so miserly about not compensating for things that are categorically broken (like when there was no weekly alliance, or blitzes not during the raid event, breaking the raid event when it arrived) or the entire game servers going down. Like, what is the company afraid of by being generous? Or even not being generous but just being average? What benefit is there to taking a stingy stance on these things?
  • Options
    Is the game still down for some?