Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should there be combiners? If yes then why?

PrimeChampionPrimeChampion Posts: 16
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Self explanatory, just put a reason and how they would do it if you put yes

Should there be combiners? If yes then why? 28 votes

Yes, there should be combiners
89%
French_BakerLordLJW7621Micheal1075TrailfireDaviennomisuNightmareFurnoDevastator71Gunz0Promethium1Moses328xiJetfireMnicely80WunWun420Drake6401Its_yo_boy4Username819273943ViralintheFrayShockwaves_jdjcjdjx 25 votes
No, there shouldn’t be combiners
10%
ManthroHalloweendmKittenPrime 3 votes

Comments

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    edited October 2017
    It would be a challenge to add combiners to the game for a few reasons. First, the main deal with combiners is similar to how Earth Wars did it. Collecting all of their component bots. The problem here is that this game's characters and much more unique in comparison. I highly doubt Kabam wants to stick every Constructicon into the game as they all look about the same, in G1 especially.

The best way I think combiners would work is through special alliance missions. Since there can be 6 players per battleground, each player fights through their own path to reach the end. Doing so obtains one combiner part of Devastator or Superion. If everyone finishes, each player gets to fight the opposite combiner with the one they made. Victory from each player will individually award alliance points.

Five bot combiners might also appear as a backup plan in case not all 6 members join or finish.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Okay well my comment got deleted, fantastic. Lets try this again, but quicker.
    I think combiners would be difficult to add into the game through standard modes we have now. The main deal with combiners is that you need to have all of their parts similar to what Earth Wars did. However, the characters in this game are much more unique in comparison. I highly doubt Kabam wants to add every constructicon to the game, especially since they all look about the same.

Here's an idea I have that might work. Combiners could appear in special alliance missions. Since 6 members can join a single battleground, each player fights through their own path to collect one part of Devastator or Superion. If all members finish the track, they form their combiner. Each player will be able to get a fight with the combiner against the opposite one. Victory awards points for each individual success with the final combiner fight.
  • Yes, there should be combiners
    For me, one way they can do it is by having characters be around specific parts of combiners, that can mix and match with other characters that they have, like we can have OG optimus prime as body, Mixmaster as the left leg, Ironhide as the right leg, Bone Crusher as the right arm, prowl as the left arm, and maybe shockwave as the gun, they can use the areas that have been established in Combiner Wars, RID 2015, and Power of the Primes; and those that don’t have a form, they can make them be a weapon, torso, or limb. You can give them special missions or events
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    MCOC has some huge champs, it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, combiners and the teams that make them are such a major part of Transformers. And they'd make great bosses at the end of special event missions themed around the team.
    Using combinerwars or g1 devastator as an example, I’ve always thought it’d be a nice change up to the game if the bots were released normally like current bots but special 3 wouldn’t unlock unless all were collected. Once all we’re collected, then it would be unlocked after all bots were leveled up appropriately. Collecting/leveling up would take a while but would create an exciting challenge to work for. Computron, devastator, bruticus, menasor, superion, defensor, 31 bots...could fill up over a years worth of collecting plus!
    The special 3 would be a cut scene of the bots combining and dealing a massive hit.
  • CwaCwa Posts: 1
    Combiners add that extra difficulty of having to collect the full sets to function and will mame for great mission
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    oh yessssss combiners would be great especially in story, spotlight missions (or even RoK i imagine)

besides most of the non bayformers in this game (aside from those from titan returns series) are combiners, e.g. OG Prime, Motormaster, Prowl, Mirage etc.

also. Sharkticon combiners would be cool too (with s1000 as core unit)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    More content=more money for Kabam
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    No, there shouldn’t be combiners
    How about.... Work on the 999 things this game needs to iron out before introducing more stuff that will add to the already poor performance due to lag and bugs.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    Hey what if they added the knights and you would need to collect all 12 knights. And they all have to be having the same amount of stars.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    question should be .. "If Yes then HOW to do it?"
  • No, there shouldn’t be combiners
    Or they could just make a separate game that lets you brawl with your combiner against the other combiners. Putting them in this game just wouldn't make sense since a combiner would be able to just step on or kick any non-combiner and that bot is done. Scale/power in this game is already as messed up as the original G1 cartoons, adding combiners into the mix would be like the ship in Spaceballs going from hyperspeed to ludicrous speed.

Even then, how to handle the combiners? Its almost impossible, without spending a lot of money and/or having an awesome amount of luck, to get the bots you want now, how on earth could anyone reasonably expect to collect all the members of any combiner team? Muchless get all of them at the same quality (3 star, 4 star, etc) since I'm guessing that Devastator wouldn't work with four Constructicons at 3 star, one at 2 stars, and another at 4 stars! Or would you just have Devastator with an overly powerful left arm and pitifully weak right leg?

Earth Wars did it, but that game isn't even like this. That's just throwing your bots at someone's base and hoping your numbers are better than theirs.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Just make the combined version a separate bot. Done.
  • MarkusKaineMarkusKaine Posts: 71
    edited October 2017
    I think they could be available, but only as special mission.
    If you have all the bots for a combiner (for example all 5 the Stunticons, or the Combacticons) you can unlock a special mission where you play, instead of 5 single bots, the combiner, with a power level calculated by the sum of the power levels of the single ones.
    I'm still thinking if this could work the best if you must have all the five bots with the same number of stars (all 2 or all 3 stars, for example) or if you just need the bot.
    Maybe a stat boost if they're all from the same star level could be fun.

Also, maybe this thing could work only with 5-bots combiners (Bruticus, Superion, Menasor and Defensor, to name a few) so you can actually play the whole team in regular missions too, if you want, while Devastator could be the boss for the special mission.