Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3-4* awakening “offer” offensively over valued

The price for this 3-4* awakening “offer” is so far beyond a joke it’s actually offensive

500e to awaken a 3* bot (wtf needs that? It’s effectively worth 11 4* shards, which is what you get for per sig level when you forge a bot)

Then what was it, 2,500 or something to awaken a 4* bot? But it’s not *any* 4* bot, it’s a bot of a random class! A fair price for this deal would be 50 and 250e, not 500 and 2500.

This sort of gauging just enfuriates the player base and encourages people to walk away from the game

Whoever makes decisions about prices in Kabam should be fired, and whoever replaces them should study what the current person has done as a perfect example of how to minimize profits by obliterating sales and alienating customers
Tagged:

Comments

• You should take it as it looks like : a joke.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    And yet... Players are buying them.

I don't understand how anyone thinks 3000 energon is a good deal. An ACTUAL 4* bot, when offered in store, comes with some rank up resources and it sells for the price of a grimlock energon bundle... And you are getting exactly what you are paying for, not random class.

So.. the price of awakening is marked up by 100% more than a direct purchase (yup, because you have to buy the 3* offer before you have access to the 4*), and you roll the dice on which bot class you are awakening..

Lol.

Whoever bought this has more money than sense. You can do a lot more with 3000 energon than this ridiculous offer.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    One more thing, I’d say the announcement’s lack of an indication about the random class nature of this deal amounts to a breach of consumer law.

This is becoming a pattern for Kabam and it’s seriously worrying. Especially for fans who don’t want this company to be sued into bankruptcy

Where in the message does it say I can’t chose which bot I want to awaken? That’s the implication of the message here, but it’s not whats actually on offer

pzau5t8wkzhp.png
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    There must be a higher possibility to pay among new players who have a 4* bot in each class and want to catch up.

They're milked.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    I have been waiting months to dupe my 4* Barricade and was VERY excited to hear about the awakening program with the last update. But when I saw that you had to spend 3100 Energon to even have that ability and on top of that it was random class (it does state "Awakening Program in 1 of 6 classes").

So Kabam wants $99 for a "random" chance at awakening a bot signature? Ridiculous as they should understand that they're dealing with educated adults who can tell value vs ripoff.

Now I'm sure that there were some people that bought this deal but Kabam totally missed the boat on getting more of its consumer base to be interested. By far and away, the best deal that they did recently was the 4250 Energon deal. Why? Key word in that sentence is "deal".

If Kabam responds, it will be the generic "We are always monitoring and analyzing" blah blah blah. Stop insulting the "adults" who are paying your salaries.
  • woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    I bought the first bundle for the sake of archiving the images that came with it.
    zk3vjuho8nzv.jpg

If anyone actually bought the 4-Star bundle, I would appreciate it if someone shared this type of image for the 4-Star Awakening Crystal.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I did ... got Tech program ... all my Tech 4*s are already duped ...
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    $100 to unlock a random class sig is pretty silly.

But.. the fact that people actually thought that was good value and bought it.. Kabam must be pretty happy with themselves.

Shame they can't see the forest for the trees.

Based on experience, with everything that keeps happening lately, this game will probably sunset in 12 months or less, unless there's a dramatic turn around and some new management.

Makes me quite sad too, I thought it had a lot of potential and it's my favourite Transformers mobile game so far. Such a shame and such a waste of a good game.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited October 2017
    Dunno about that man. It's steep yes, but it's better chance than buying $100 worth of Feature Crystals in hopes of duping Starscream.

Initially it's always high. Then later it's not. I've bought an Alpha spark the first time they were on sale. That wasn't cheap either. Now they're rotting in the stash.

And sure I didn't get what I wanted, but next tech bot that comes around gets an instant awakening. That's nice too.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    Price and offer is exactly same as when they were first introduced in mcoc.
    they will come down over time.
    Basic economy, supply and demand limited supply means higher price. If you don’t like the price then don’t buy just like any product or sale you would value.
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    If you don’t like the price then don’t buy just like any product or sale you would value.

You can bet I won’t be. The problem, as I mentioned, is that this sort of gauging is so brutally unreasonable that it sours peopleon the game in general.

I’ve spent about $800 on this game, maybe a bit more. I’m totally fine with that. This is just rude
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    If you don’t like the price then don’t buy just like any product or sale you would value.

You can bet I won’t be. The problem, as I mentioned, is that this sort of gauging is so brutally unreasonable that it sours peopleon the game in general.

I’ve spent about $800 on this game, maybe a bit more. I’m totally fine with that. This is just rude

Brutally unreasonable? That's hilarious...it was 80$ for a t1a. And no-one screamed highway robbery. Micro-transaction games always have things that are expensive. Clearly kabam doesn't want to make more money or else they'd lower the prices.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I had to ask for my 500 energon back once I saw the price of the 4 star awakening package and that I didn't even get to pick the class program.

This was a horribly conceived promotion for a more horribly conceived price.
    Totherkins wrote: »

Brutally unreasonable? That's hilarious...it was 80$ for a t1a. And no-one screamed highway robbery. Micro-transaction games always have things that are expensive. Clearly kabam doesn't want to make more money or else they'd lower the prices.

At that time, getting an early t1a was a gate to being at the top of the pack. It kept people in top alliances. I think I even bought one at thy price, although it came with 3,100 energon as well (and even then I was quietly sour about it tbh)

A random class awakening is not that tier of a product, it’s something that lets you use the full potential of a bot You already have. It’s worth less than the original bot, and it’s sure worth less than a t2a is now. It’s probably on par with a t3b at most

That said, the pricing in general is gauging. Just because you think it’s common doesn’t mean the whole industry isn’t participating
  • Depends duping features is expensive. So some of the top whales bought it to save money. Which is their idea of thinking. I'm not sure I will, tbh.
  • I bought in hope of a demo kit. Even if I didn’t get one I would use it for a feature bot that I would like to awaken in the near future. With the new system, it’s easy to get the feature bot (first copy) IF you hoard your crystals. Photos of how the kit works and which bot I chose to use it for.
  • I bought in hope of a demo kit. Even if I didn’t get one I would use it for a feature bot that I would like to awaken in the near future. With the new system, it’s easy to get the feature bot (first copy) IF you hoard your crystals. The normal way of duping the feature bot would have to be through buying crystals which can amount to more than a grim for second copy. In the old system if you can’t make TOP 5, it’s guraenteed more than a grim for 2 copies of the featured bot. Photos of how the kit works and which bot I chose to use it for.
    sppt37y1cy9r.png
    3qxob4ve6ph5.png
  • Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that a lot of you aren't happy with the Awakening Offer we'd put out. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to share your thoughts with us about it as this is really important to us in looking at future offers.

Though I can't say what, we will be having other offers regarding Awakening Programs. I'll make sure I share your thoughts with the team on all of this and appreciate any other feedback y'all may have about it.
  • @Kabam Vydious
    I'm not sure how your team decide on the pricing. I see two trends in current market. You can choose McD method, lower the base price, more accessible to more buyers or Apple ways, expensive and rich can buy.
    You can check your account records, which one generate higher income.
    Of course you have to factor if too easy to get, no challenges, you will lose people interest fast.
    But we feel ridiculous with current energon required. This is just my opinion.