Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

A thank you is in order

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Everyone, here's some math for you, tell me what you see:

9x3 = 7

9x4 = 36

9x5 = 45

9x6 = 54

9x7 = 63

9x8 = 72

If the first thing you said to yourself was "9x3 is wrong" instead of "5 of those are correct", stop and consider for a moment...

There's a lot of good stuff kabam has done on the most recent update. What sparked me to think about this was the recent offerings in the raid store.

Did anyone notice there has been 600 easy energon offered in the past two weeks?

A big thanks to kabam. It seems they are listening and trying to do right as best they can while keeping their business model intact so the game can remain profitable.

They may not come out and say "hey look everyone, we're putting the stuff you're complaining about us shorting you on in rewards and other game modes, hope you're seeing this"

Sometimes we are very quick to cry foul... Don't get me wrong, we should (and will) continue to point out issues.

I know I've tried to change my tune and be a little more constructive in my criticism, as I'm one of those players that often rips into the decisions made by the kabam team.

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to let them know their efforts haven't gone unnoticed.

Comments

• I agree.... raid store has improved a lot
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    The t2a was awesome I must say!
  • I’m with you. Nice post
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I saw lots of numbers and skipped directly to the words.. what does that mean? xD

For me, the best thing about the update has been the removal of crash on load penalties.

As a person that would stay on top of recharge timers, trying to consume all my energy, raid tickets and AM energy would result in multiple crashes before I was finished. Changing modes in particular would guarantee a crash after a fight or two.

It's such a huge stress release just being able to focus on playing and not be scared of losing a huge chunk of health unfairly.

Another thing, kind of small, I like how Galvatron is an ambush enemy in spotlight. Reminds me of old school games where the boss would show up early and bully you and then disappear in a huff and vow to deal with you later when you're more worth it. It's a clever little design thing that deserves a nod.

The raid store changes are good, I'd like to know if it's random or a set schedule. If we can make a calendar for it, that would be awesome.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    I saw lots of numbers and skipped directly to the words.. what does that mean? xD

I did the same thing. In my case, it means “I just ate dinner and I’m in ‘full belly/brain off’ mode”. :)

Anyway, I agree with @Manthro wholeheartedly. It’s too easy to be a whiner. We should remember to appreciate the good things, while giving mature, useful, constructive criticism when necessary.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    More often, customers satisfied do not speak up. That's why. It does not necessary mean it's "too easy to be a whiner". It's just that there's no need to throw "I'm satisfied and thank you" every time, like I don't if I appreciate my pack of cigarette.
  • More often, customers satisfied do not speak up. That's why. It does not necessary mean it's "too easy to be a whiner". It's just that there's no need to throw "I'm satisfied and thank you" every time, like I don't if I appreciate my pack of cigarette.

Good point!
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    I agree they been doing a much better job I must say and it does not go unnoticed and hope people are seeing the improvement's they been making its a step in the right direction. Imo
  • Here’s my take: Kabam are often seen as fiendish/unsupportive bunch by many players. But they are often discredited. Whenever kabam makes a good change (and or adds a good feature) players often don’t pay attention and often just “shoo” it off like it’s nothing. But whenever they add a bad change/feature EVERYONE (well maybe not “everyone”) But the majority of players attack Kabam viciously, unmercifully and are faced with pure hatred. I respect kabam, i am greatful Kabam is trying to keep the game alive for as long as possible. This game is like the gift that just keeps on giving. (Keep in mind this only an opinion) (Feel free to address any ignorance/flaws in a respectful manner below)
  • Yes, I must agree..... Raiding has become amazing due to the incentive changes
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Wow, a positive post. Good to see.

Raids have improved as a whole with the daily rotation. Arena's are a little less productive on gold and energon but I feel like they're better. More variety in awards and the 24 hour cycle means it's a lot easier fight for the top rank. This is better for those with busy schedules because they can take advantage of free days and rank well. The old 3 day system demanded constant dedication or you missed out. It's also less wait time if the current arena doesn't interest you.
  • Ray94Ray94 Posts: 41
    edited October 2017
    Past month we saw 600 energon, a full t3 spark, 2500 t2a essence and 1000 4 star shards in raid which all were easily attainable. Nice work indeed Kabam! Would love to see gold crystals (maybe 5 limit per day) put in there as well as a permanent stay in raid store.
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    Good post op - credit where credit is due.

The raid store is something to look forward to every day and has had some very high tier rewards as well as energon, which is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!
    Maybe @Kabam Miike if you want another thank you, you could have the t3 basic essence in raid store? :wink:
    Maybe @Kabam Miike if you want another thank you, you could have the t3 basic essence in raid store? :wink:

T3b is in raid store wow! Our Kabam overlords have answered our prayers! Thank you lol!
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789

T3b is in raid store wow! Our Kabam overlords have answered our prayers! Thank you lol!

Quick, ask for a million (real) dollars. :p
  • TechTech Posts: 15
    The raid store has been really fun with the addition of t2 alpha, t3 basics, and emerging and I look forward to see what surprise is in store every day.

The change to arena is a mixed bag for me. On one hand... I like not having to worry about grinding for most arenas and I think this will add longevity to the game for some players.
    The downside of the arena changes is that if I need gold it used to be a place I could grind for it. Also, since I find myself not playing arena much it essentially has taken away a game mode.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Great post @Manthro I am enjoying the game a lot right now and like the changes they have made. After all I've spent the better portion of the past 4 years playing Kabam games and will continue to support them as long as they keep releasing good content. Good job guys!
  • T3 is in!! Time to upgrade that 4* Galv
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    I wish the T3 are permanent because i dont got the time to grind that much just to get 2,000 spark essence
  • Agree with @Manthro the changes deserve some gratitude to kabam they get slated when things go wrong but hardly ever get praised for good additions to the game. Nice job Kabam
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I agree..I'm digging the raid store thes days...just wish arena chips for gold wasn't taken away. That being said... the trade for say...the t3 in the shop today is an absolutely fair trade:)
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    The raid store and event missions have been great. Still not sure how I feel on the arena system until I give it some more time. The lag can still be pretty catastrophic on high difficulty. Overall I’m happy with the game as it stands.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Nah, I'll be the one to say it. None of this means a crap if they keep punishing us after the game crashes and we lose a bunch of health because of it. This is THEIR FAULT, not the players'.
  • Good job Kabam!!!!! The raid store has actually become an exciting hit
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    Nah, I'll be the one to say it. None of this means a crap if they keep punishing us after the game crashes and we lose a bunch of health because of it. This is THEIR FAULT, not the players'.

Exhibit A... 9x3 = 7

Yep, the crashing is still a problem and they are working on it, probably should have had it solved by now, but...

The irony of the health penalty is that the players actually did bring it upon themselves by using an exploit in game to rematch when they had a bad round.

So, while the crashing I suppose is "Kabam's fault", the health penalty is not.

Either way, it doesn't necessarily make all the other good stuff they've done on the update worthless. Look at all the other players that are voicing their overall content with the game at this point in time.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I volunteer at elderly homes at weekends. Teach kids as a day job and donate to many charities and give to the poor when I’m shopping. Also occasionally murder someone every other week. Keep telling people to focus on the good but they’re not buying it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Dircules wrote: »
    I volunteer at elderly homes at weekends. Teach kids as a day job and donate to many charities and give to the poor when I’m shopping. Also occasionally murder someone every other week. Keep telling people to focus on the good but they’re not buying it.

Dexter? Is that you?
  • Lol to be honest, I didnt even catch the mistake until you stated that 9x3=7 was wrong @Manthro
    Terminal wrote: »

Quick, ask for a million (real) dollars. :p

@Kabam Miike a million dollars? (Pounds for me, I'm English). Haha jokes aside t3 knights in store, wow this is good!