Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

4-day AM with a 5-day Window

@Kabam Miike, this is something that I brought up in another thread a few weeks ago, and it seemed to be an idea that raised some eyebrows, but it never received much attention since it was buried in a different topic...

Could the dev team consider giving us a 5-day window to do AM with a max of 4 AMs opened during that window? This seems like the perfect solution, as it would allow alliances to start AM on a schedule that works for them, and still leaves Kabam with 48 hours to perform maintenances or tabulate scores, etc.

Something like Weds-Sunday would allow teams to choose if they wanted to do AM mostly on the weekend or mostly during the week, while also allowing them to decide what time of the day works best for their own alliance.

Is there really any downside to a rotation like this? Seems like it might save a boatload of players from quitting, just because the current AM schedule is bad for them.
Tagged:

Comments

• SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    that can help alot
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    In a similar vein I would like to be able to start the next 24h round of AM after all 3 BGs have finished 100%. This way we can be done on Saturday and have sunday off which also solves a lot of my problem with the current schedule.
  • That will help my alliance immensely cos the bg with USA players always want us to begin AM 4hrs after start time, this in turn affects the alliance adversely making the last day a big rush
  • Dircules wrote: »
    In a similar vein I would like to be able to start the next 24h round of AM after all 3 BGs have finished 100%. This way we can be done on Saturday and have sunday off which also solves a lot of my problem with the current schedule.

I wouldn't want to convolute things if this was difficult from Kabam (from a score tabulation standpoint), but I agree, this would be amazing if we could do this too!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I like this idea to give alliance more flexibility in when they want to start AMs.

It would nice to also change it so BG2 doesn't have to wait for BG1 (same for BG3 waiting for BG2 to fill one spot). They should just all be open when AMs are started.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    CoolAsice wrote: »
    That will help my alliance immensely cos the bg with USA players always want us to begin AM 4hrs after start time, this in turn affects the alliance adversely making the last day a big rush

Your USA BG is incredibly selfish to demand starting late... you only take maximum 16 hours to complete AM, the other 8 hours are for sleeping...
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    CoolAsice wrote: »
    That will help my alliance immensely cos the bg with USA players always want us to begin AM 4hrs after start time, this in turn affects the alliance adversely making the last day a big rush

Your USA BG is incredibly selfish to demand starting late... you only take maximum 16 hours to complete AM, the other 8 hours are for sleeping...

Are you missing the point here? The whole idea is to make this so each alliance can select their own starting time.

I've got a couple international guys that end up having to wait on US guys to log on while they're playing time ticks away, and then they get about 4 hours of solid gaming time at which point they have to sleep. Then they wake up and we are finished.

The AM schedule affects people across all time zones, not just snobby US players. That said, the whole point of this idea is that there is NO perfect time for every alliance, so why not create a system where every alliance can choose for themselves?
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I agree it would be awesome if we could pick our start times and have it finish 24hrs from that start time vs making the last day a rush. That would benefit everyone in every time zone and also make it so your bgs could be aligned timezone specific. If Kabam set a cutoff time of say 8PM EST on Mondays and you start at 9AM on Thursday you would still complete at 9AM. But if some bgs prefer to have all players awake you could start at 12PM, against using EST as the timezone. Its not selfish at all it makes perfect sense.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    JKL wrote: »
    I like this idea to give alliance more flexibility in when they want to start AMs.

It would nice to also change it so BG2 doesn't have to wait for BG1 (same for BG3 waiting for BG2 to fill one spot). They should just all be open when AMs are started.

The solution to this for now is to swap BG assignments so that all your players in BG3 become BG2 and they no longer have to wait for the American players...

I know, I just exploded your mind.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Manthro wrote: »

The solution to this for now is to swap BG assignments so that all your players in BG3 become BG2 and they no longer have to wait for the American players...

I know, I just exploded your mind.

Thanks but we're already setup that way. It's just that not everyone gets in always at the same time every single AM to open the next BG. You could be stuck finishing a mission, raiding or real life. If Kabam is going to implement a big change like this, might as well add more freedom to have all BGs unlock at the same time.

I agree with the thread starter on the original idea, to give 5 day window for 4 AM, so alliances can choose if they want to play more on week days or weekends.

While that is being discussed, based on the current system now with fixed 4 day window, it doesn’t make sense for the US players in CoolAsice’s alliance to demand later start times. It just gives everyone 4 hours less for the final alliance mission. For example, for Asia, starting promptly when AM starts allows Asian players to go in, use up energy then go to sleep. But if they delay start time for the US players, most of them will be asleep when AM starts and can only start in the morning.
  • He didn't demand anything. It's just a fact... You aren't gonna drag people out of bed at 5 AM to play a mobile game, and that's when AM starts for many US players. This results in the first 4 hours or so usually being dead time for many alliances.

That said, unless you run a primarily Asian alliance, you would typically benefit by having your US players starting at efficient times for using their energy, since since they tend to make up the majority of the players.

Having an Asian minority have good start times really only helps those players and not so much the alliance.
    We have an Asian/ Aust BG, Europe BG and US BG. So we are pretty international.
  • 4 days of AM spread across 5 days is a great idea. While I am probably the only person that feels like the new AM schedule is perfect it doesn't blind me to the reality of the other 99.9% of the playerbase. I get my AM started and open up BG1. One of my officers opens BG2 almost immediately after and BG3 drags a little but that's why they're in BG3...lol. If Kabam would do this and eliminate AM gold costs, AM would probably be in a good place.
    For our US BG, it doesn’t really matter whether we start at the start time or 4 hours later. Even though they only join when they wake up 2-3 hrs later, they will still finish first within 12 hours. So doesn’t really matter to them. But it does make a diff to the other regions.

Back to the main thread, there’s a lot more to do before AM is seen as a key focus in the game, like having decent rewards. Having more flexibility would also be a step in the right direction.
  • From a rewards standpoint, I agree with you... but since it is the only competitive mode in the game, it really is the whole game for a lot of us. I for one would have zero interest in this game without it, which is why I'm personally on the brink because of how the AM schedule lines up with my own schedule.

@Kabam Miike any thoughts on this suggestion?
  • Hey, still hoping to get some response on this idea. Much like everything else, people will use their voice but eventually just quit or continue to be frustrated with the game.

However, just because the complaining stops doesn't mean you have happy players.

I feel that the AM timing is still a great source of frustration for many players, they're just at the point of being jaded now. That doesn't bode well for the long term potential of this game.
  • Hey y'all!

Just wanted to swing by and let you know I went ahead and shared your suggestion and feedback with the team. :)
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Hey y'all!

Just wanted to swing by and let you know I went ahead and shared your suggestion and feedback with the team. :)

@Kabam Vydious can you provide some insight for us? You or Mike or someone else from the Kabam team takes an idea and shares it with “the team”. How many people are involved in implementing or improving an aspect of the game? Are we talking about 2 or 3 people and then they tell the programmers what to do? Or are we talking about an idea going from one person, then to another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another?

Ok a bit much but you get the idea :smiley: