Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

[BUG] Can't select bots while raiding (occationally)

Don't know why, but when raiding sometimes can't select bots, it happens every 2 raids, the only solution I can do is to close the game and restart. Can this be fixed?

Comments

• iSunny wrote: »
    Don't know why, but when raiding sometimes can't select bots, it happens every 2 raids, the only solution I can do is to close the game and restart. Can this be fixed?

When you say 'can't select', do you mean you can't scroll your Bot list or is it something else? The scrolling lock is a known issue we're fixing in the next update.

• Having the same problem. Can't select as in the game highlight the initial recommended bot of the 3 bots in your party and no matter how much you tap on another bot won't let you select that bot.

I'm on Nexus 6. Android 7.0
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Seen this on my iPhone as well during raids. The middle section where it would normally show numbers in between the two bots just never appears.
  • iSunnyiSunny Posts: 20
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    iSunny wrote: »

When you say 'can't select', do you mean you can't scroll your Bot list or is it something else? The scrolling lock is a known issue we're fixing in the next update.

I mean "Can't select as in the game highlight the initial recommended bot of the 3 bots in my party to another one“, I normally use iPad to play.
  • I have the same problem probably 3x a day. The bot that is selected automatically is the only bot I can use to start the raid after I start a path. E.g. Start raid, pick path, game picks a bot by default, I can't pick one of my other 2 bots unless I quit the game and relaunch it. Been his way for about a month on a SG8+
  • TCK6909TCK6909 Posts: 17
    edited November 2017
    I have the same issue as well. It happens numerous times a day. I also experience it during solo missions. The only fix is to completely close the game and restart. I have tried exiting the matchup screen and then stepping to the bot and trying again. I have tried going back to my base and then re-entering the raid/mission. Additionally, I have tried entering other game modes such as arena/alliance mission and then returning to only have the same issue. It is very frustrating and it is definitely not an isolated incident. Numerous members of my alliance have reported the same issue to me. I am certain that if you guys play a few raids/missions you will experience the bug.

Device: MGH52LL/A iOS 10.2.1 & SM-G955U Android ver. 7
    Both used on WiFi
  • This is an old problem. At least 3 months. Since 2.0 I think

You can’t change the bot selected to fight out of the 3 bots in your team. The only way to fix it is rebooting the app.

I thought Kabam was well aware of this one
  • Oh really? I just noticed it since the last update and I've been playing for about 5 months give or take. Regardless...I hope they take a look at it and fix it because rebooting during a "timed" event is not something I wish to keep doing. Especially when I only have a certain number of raid tickets.
  • I don't know if this helps, but the bug just happened to me during the raid I am doing now. Maybe this time stamp might help with your logs. I am typing this immediately after closing the app and I will restart it as soon as I post this.
  • The bug happened again immediately after the fight that I just restarted for. Maybe you guys can check my logs. My name is the same in game. Thanks.
  • And it just happened for the 3rd time within 3 raids. The other frustrating part of this is when we raid we are trying to build up enough chips to buy items. If we are constantly having to restart and waste time, we are going to get raided and lose chips. Which will then put us behind our goal. This will cost energon to buy more tickets in order to make up for the loss. Please look into this Kabam!
  • edited November 2017
    Bobnfloyd wrote: »
    I have the same problem probably 3x a day. The bot that is selected automatically is the only bot I can use to start the raid after I start a path. E.g. Start raid, pick path, game picks a bot by default, I can't pick one of my other 2 bots unless I quit the game and relaunch it. Been his way for about a month on a SG8+
    TCK6909 wrote: »
    And it just happened for the 3rd time within 3 raids. The other frustrating part of this is when we raid we are trying to build up enough chips to buy items. If we are constantly having to restart and waste time, we are going to get raided and lose chips. Which will then put us behind our goal. This will cost energon to buy more tickets in order to make up for the loss. Please look into this Kabam!

Does anyone have a reliable 100% reproduction case for this? If you do, please provide device details for us and we'll take a closer look. It seems most of you are seeing it in raids, but I think it exists in missions as well.

If this happens, you will have to restart the application to make it go away until we can get a fix in.

It looks like this first started appearing with 3.1.4 in late September, but it doesn't occur frequently and any help in tracking it down is appreciated. :)
    Hi Kabam team,

Any one of your team can just play the game for a while then you will see it. If you keep raid a few times, I'm pretty sure you will meet once, when this bug happened, you will see there's no bot detail loaded below the bot's name in the middle, it will be just a whole black area there, so I can very easy to identify this bug show up again and I will just close up the game and restart the app. Yes you are right, it's not just in raid but also in missions, maybe because in raid mode we are more often to select bots that's why we complain more in raid and also because in raids we have the time limit.

So I think it's not that difficult to repeat this bug, just play a few raids and do some changing bots then you will definitely encounter one or two times.

@Kabam Kavs
  • edited November 2017
    iSunny wrote: »
    Hi Kabam team,

Any one of your team can just play the game for a while then you will see it. If you keep raid a few times, I'm pretty sure you will meet once, when this bug happened, you will see there's no bot detail loaded below the bot's name in the middle, it will be just a whole black area there, so I can very easy to identify this bug show up again and I will just close up the game and restart the app. Yes you are right, it's not just in raid but also in missions, maybe because in raid mode we are more often to select bots that's why we complain more in raid and also because in raids we have the time limit.

So I think it's not that difficult to repeat this bug, just play a few raids and do some changing bots then you will definitely encounter one or two times.

@Kabam Kavs

Thanks iSunny! I play on a iPhone 6S and have been raiding a lot on my personal account today (gotta get that T2A!) and I don't hit this at all. I saw it in a mission once, but haven't seen it in weeks. It might happen more on certain devices, and it might happen with a certain flow or if you do something too fast or too slow. What device are you on?
    I normally use iPad to play, I also found that with iPhone it's quite rare to having this problem, and another scrolling bug.

But with iPad, en~~~ this happen quite often.

@Kabam Kavs
  • I have found this happens on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge mainly when I change a character on the fight screen and start the fight before all the bot info and character models load. if I slow down let everything appear before starting the fight it tends to be fine.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    It happened on my iPhone 7+ today. But I didn’t bother to restart the app cos the loading times are so long. I just do right thumb raids anyway. :D
  • JamesJames Posts: 3
    edited November 2017
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    Does anyone have a reliable 100% reproduction case for this?
    DeePrime wrote: »
    I have found this happens on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge mainly when I change a character on the fight screen and start the fight before all the bot info and character models load. if I slow down let everything appear before starting the fight it tends to be fine.

Hi Kabam team,

The way DeePrime said is absolutely the cause of the bug. I encounter this bug everytime I start the fight b4 bot info loaded. This bug has existed for several months, and it kept annoying me.

Hope you can fix it soon, and it would be great if there will be graphic quality options in game.

Thank you.
    @Kabam Kavs

I snapshot a picture while the bug is happening. The loading page will show like this while I can't select the bots.

826z7ks74zqc.jpg
  • Thanks everyone for the added information and for that screenshot! I'll make sure we have the team look into this further. :)