Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Want to fix arenas kill the infinite streak and make it more fair

Topic pretty much states it all its hard enough to compete in arenas with guys that have full roster of duped 4s so why is it that they are also given the unfair advatage of maintaining an easy mode infinite streak after 15 wins with there full roster of max 3s and rank 2+ 4s.

Thats where the real problem lies in easy mode shards and rewards.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2017
    Not really. After 5 wins, a 4* gives you 10k-15k points when a maxed 3* gives you 8k tops and 2* even less. Then it's a matter of how many 4*'s you have. That's the reality. Fixing the infinite streak? It will affect everybody. Those with tougher roster will still go further down the streak gaining more points.

When there's no fixed income, you're at the bottom of the food chain. The problem is the removal of milestones, as discussed many times before.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    We all had to go through it till we got better bots and your no different..
  • I actually tried the infinite streak to see what all the fuss was about and mine apparently doesn't work. For a while it did give me easy level enemies but by fight 24, it gave me maxed out 4 stars against mt rank 1s. I prefer to just stick with the traditional method of going until all my 4 and 3 stars have fought and throwing the next fight with two losses and one 3 star win. It got me to the top 1% last crystal bounty so it still competes with whatever other methods are used.

I'm actually kind of mixed on whether or not it should be removed. The last bounty landed on a perfect free day for me so I don't apply this time, but many are rather busy and don't have the time to play the arena every 4 to 5 hour. This streak thing allows them to continue their streak without having to reset the cycle and grind to the 3x multiplier all over again, saving a lot of potentially needed time.
  • The multiplier stays at 3x only if you maintain the streak so the stronger the bots you take to the fight the faster the arena will get tougher. After 15 ~ 20 streaks the game would get really tough and a loss would reset the multiplier so they restart the series and at 1x a 4* bot only gives 4000 points.

Can't complain about high ranking players who put in a lot of effort to reach the level they are now nor is it fair to let everyone else reach the top ranks just like that. However please give the new players an option to grow and milestones in arenas are a simple but suitably welcome option.

The suggestion to bring back the Milestones have been made several times but still KABAM refuses to comment on this request. Its not like we are asking something for free. When we has milestones we could atleast be sure of getting a small bite of the pie. Now the situation is such that each week the points needed for getting some descent rewards keep going higher and higher and we as players who want to grow have to keep playing and playing and hope for a descent prize.

So KABAM if your are reading this then please bring back the milestones in Arenas.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    The win streak is only there to save time once you establish it. I can generate more points resetting my streak and using my 2* bots more often so the point you make about getting rid of the streak to make it more fair is incorrect.
    As an example I can run 10 teams during the win streak generating 250k in points each run, but resetting I can run 18 teams generating 300k in points but it takes 20 extra minutes to play the first 8 rounds.

So please do not change the arena mode. Time is precious.
  • The point of the game is to Level Up and Rank Up your bots. The more bots you have on your lineup, will definitely mean more Arena time spent. Which will result to more points. Getting your streak up to max 3x and running just the higher Ranked bots will gain points in a much shorter time. I think there is no issue here. It is just a matter of separating arenas entirely, which was already done via regions. If Kabam finds another way to segregate players then I am all ears.
  • LordLord Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    I actually tried the infinite streak to see what all the fuss was about and mine apparently doesn't work. For a while it did give me easy level enemies but by fight 24, it gave me maxed out 4 stars against mt rank 1s. I prefer to just stick with the traditional method of going until all my 4 and 3 stars have fought and throwing the next fight with two losses and one 3 star win. It got me to the top 1% last crystal bounty so it still competes with whatever other methods are used.

When on the infinite streak you can only use 3* 3/30 bots or better. Use bots below that will break the streak.
  • The 3* timer and 4* timer actually nerfed the infinite streak already (as compared to mcoc which has or at least had a 2 hour timer for both when I retired). Posters are correct, you can actually score more points NOT doing the infinite streak right now, especially if you have a nice handful of rank 1 4*s that can't be used during the infinite streak but get lots of bonus points during the buildup... then you get a LOT more not doing the infinite streak (though each rotation is much longer).