Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Waiting for decent deals got me like... Ughh

Trying to explain to the community my biggest problems. And that is saving a little side cash in order to purchase something. A rank up deal, 2x energon, energon card. Etc etc. I think for average spenders and heavy spenders we can all agree. The timing seems skewed.

For example last month we had a great 30 bucks 4k energon card. So as such I expected again to be available for dinobot... Nope

Before that I was hoping to see a 33 % megatron crystal deal... Nope

Then I figured a rank up deal would of happend at the start of November... Nope

Then I was certain a t2a or t3b deal would... Nope

So I guess in my circumstance we all try and look for what we want to see in a purchase deal, instead of what the devs have created.

Can anyone else relate? I mean you try to put your eggs in a basket that mever shows up. Or you have a little extra cash to spend only to wait for something else 2 months down the line and something took that money due to life and such.

Idk just rambling. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I've bought the energon cards when they first appeared in the game and the Grimlock crystals and that's it. That was about $11 total and I don't ever intend to spend another dime as I don't see any real value anymore. I'm not planning on quitting or leaving the game anytime soon but I don't feel the urge to own anything right away. Eventually I will have an opportunity to get that certain character.

My advice is hold on to your money until around the holiday's I'd bet there would be some bundles that grab your attention.
  • Options
    Im not really sure why they have stopped doing good deals for this game. I remember buying the 15 crystals for 1000 energon deal a couple of times when they offered that - but I havent seen a similar deal like that for at least a couple of months now... and I also purchased the Energon card deal they did last month as well. That was a really great deal and I sort of thought that might have been the start of them realizing that they could entice normally free players to spend a little money by offering amazing deals...but, havent seen anything since then thats been anywhere near as good or worth spending money on.

Really though, this game should be having good and even amazing offers WEEKLY. How about some good bundle offers for Alliance Mission revives and repairs? Where are the bundle offers for Energy refills? So many options and really, theres no reason why they should not be providing new offers to us on a regular basis.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I hadn’t given it much thought, but I am of the opinion that more offers is more betterer
  • Options
    $30 for 4k energon was unprecedented, and I would not expect to see that again any time soon.

There was a $20 Megatron crystal already, back in July or August.

As you may have surmised by this point, the offers are all very random. Given that Black Friday is coming up, I would not expect to see any mega deals until then, because they are going to probably load up on that day.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2017
    With a T3C at 99$, they really ruled out the 'rich get richer' trope and save you a lota trouble completing ROK. But top tiers will also buy it...
    49$ for a t2a and a t3b is cool for beginners.
  • Options
    @KillMasterC
    I’m sure quite a few who beat RoK spent over 100 bucks in potions and revives. I keep hoping for g1 prime to drop for me
  • Options
    Stitch626 wrote: »

Really though, this game should be having good and even amazing offers WEEKLY. How about some good bundle offers for Alliance Mission revives and repairs? Where are the bundle offers for Energy refills? So many options and really, theres no reason why they should not be providing new offers to us on a regular basis.

One problem is when they do send out these offers, they always seem to put it in a form that really isn't useful. AM repairs are the prime example. I never want team revives or repairs for AM, but I often want individual bot revives / repairs. But they don't sell these. I have no idea why they aren't sold, but the fact that they aren't sold just means I find a way around using them. If single revive / repairs were available, I'd spend a couple of dollars on one (as long as it gave me say, 3,000 health) whenever I needed it, beacuse I'm not about to leave my team without 100% completion, am I. But I'm not buying a repaid for 150e or something for a team revive when I've got a bot left - I'll just play damn carefully with my remaining bot(s)

This kind of deal that doesn't actually help the player is endemic
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    One thing that bothers me, and I know it's not entirely up to Kabam with how app stores price offers... Is how off base the exchange rate is for Canadian players.

The Canadian dollar is at about 80 cents US at the moment, yet the price for the t3c offer is priced at $140.

I just won't buy at that price, even though I know a good chunk of that is the VAT imposed by the Play store.

Put this app in the Amazon app store, and the prices for the Canadian players would drop to a proper rate, making it a reasonable buy.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot whoever said there haven't been enough good deals recently... after the last week's string of awesome deals I completely blew my budget and I totally blame you! :'(
  • Options
    Yup, and Black Friday and Cyber Monday are still looming... :0