Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Death by lag vs waspinator is not fun.

The stuttering and lag freezes in game truly need to be addressed, as it feels like they are there to simply force spending on tough content. I know this is not the case, just voicing my displeasure.

Something needs to be done, because players will spend when the content is challenging, but not when the game itself feels like it is conspiring against you at the most inopportune times. Simple solution is to make wasp unduped so he doesn't have his Sig ability, even though I know that isn't gonna happen.

4 times in a row, I had the game freeze after waspinator revives, yet the AI can continue attacking while the player cannot. He hits me with a volley of ranged I can't avoid because the game is frozen, and then I just bleed out. It's not fun having the next screen you see as your dead bot:

4ksk43jg4oil.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Freezing is Kabam most valuable Sig ability, they are doing there best to improve it every single update.
    I know it is ruining your game & mine but who cares?
    Be a good player & buy kits $$$.
  • Lag has been a pain for me as well. Your bots stop completely, even in a combo, but the enemy is still moving. I've even seen them get out of special attacks in mid action when the game lags.

Whenever my game lags even the slightest bit, it turns on auto fight. As you can imagine, auto fighting bots don't fair too well in these situations. A few days ago, I only got the Sea of Rust map for the whole day. It's a cool looking place from FoC but it lags often, causing delayed controls and the same random auto fight switch.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I've had the usual lag for the past few months, but it only feels like in the last week or so that this type of lag Manthro is describing has started up.

Before I'd get the occasional hitch that would screw up a combo here and there, but now it lags up so bad that the whole game will just freeze up or a few seconds (which doesn't sound long but it feels like an eternity).

I have to try and quickly hit pause to try and salvage the fight before I start eating combos, but even having to pause the game so much throws any rhythm off that you have. Really hope a fix for this can be put through and soon.
  • The fact that most of these posts don't seem to be addressed or even acknowledged, makes me think this is a known issue at best, and a purpose-built feature at worst.

After gaming for decades, I'm conditioned to think they tried to build the very best and most fun games that they could. The fact that you can buy your way through obstacles makes me lose faith that when building the game, the encounters are all on the up and up.

I'm a software developer by trade. Humans make mistakes when writing code. I get it. It's hard. People aren't infallible. Even when you try to fix all the bugs, sometimes they pop up in dumb places (I'm sure nobody meant for the brawler class filter to be broken or the alpha spark filter to not work).

There's no good reason why a game that used to be buttery smooth at low levels acts up so sporadically at higher AM levels and spotlight missions. We keep making excuses for them that the AI code is more complicated or whatever, but I just don't believe it any more. When the stutters and pauses consistently happen at the worst possible time it really makes me wonder. I think it's just part of the encounter now.

Even after trying nonsense like putting your phone in the freezer for 5 min to make sure your state of the art phone isn't overheating, these problems still happen to me. And I've basically got a close to best in class phone with no background apps running, plenty of free disk space, and a solid network. Even tried wiping all of my cached game data once or twice since I thought my install may have gotten corrupted.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    edited November 2017
    try using mirage his shielding is great. It makes me last way longer. However, i can also understand your lag issues.They happen quite frequently and im using an Lg w android
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Steelbane wrote: »
    try using mirage his shielding is great. It makes me last way longer. However, i can also understand your lag issues.They happen quite frequently and im using an Lg w android

Did you not notice I'm using mirage? Had nothing to do with anything except extreme lag
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    The fact that most of these posts don't seem to be addressed or even acknowledged, makes me think this is a known issue at best, and a purpose-built feature at worst.

After gaming for decades, I'm conditioned to think they tried to build the very best and most fun games that they could. The fact that you can buy your way through obstacles makes me lose faith that when building the game, the encounters are all on the up and up.

I'm a software developer by trade. Humans make mistakes when writing code. I get it. It's hard. People aren't infallible. Even when you try to fix all the bugs, sometimes they pop up in dumb places (I'm sure nobody meant for the brawler class filter to be broken or the alpha spark filter to not work).

There's no good reason why a game that used to be buttery smooth at low levels acts up so sporadically at higher AM levels and spotlight missions. We keep making excuses for them that the AI code is more complicated or whatever, but I just don't believe it any more. When the stutters and pauses consistently happen at the worst possible time it really makes me wonder. I think it's just part of the encounter now.

Even after trying nonsense like putting your phone in the freezer for 5 min to make sure your state of the art phone isn't overheating, these problems still happen to me. And I've basically got a close to best in class phone with no background apps running, plenty of free disk space, and a solid network. Even tried wiping all of my cached game data once or twice since I thought my install may have gotten corrupted.

Oh, theres a reason...

Did you play MCoC? Same deal. AM and wars played horribly while everything else was silky smooth. If you played MCoC in the early days you used to be able to fight when your internet connection went down and when it came back up the game would credit you for the victory. In those days the game ran absolutely perfect.

But... People cheated. Right around the time they nerfed leadership they also changed the game to depend more heavily on their servers. And it's been all downhill since.

So basically that's my guess... Yeah of course some people's devices lag because the installed freepronmalwareXXX.exe or because it hasn't been rebooted in a year. But most of the problems though come down fo bad netcode and servers.

Hey look tomorrow and see how well the game runs after server maintenance and you'll see what I mean.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Steelbane wrote: »

Did you not notice I'm using mirage? Had nothing to do with anything except extreme lag

Sorry i didnt notice lol because my phone was lagging i couldnt see the image
  • edited November 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    The stuttering and lag freezes in game truly need to be addressed, as it feels like they are there to simply force spending on tough content. I know this is not the case, just voicing my displeasure.

Something needs to be done, because players will spend when the content is challenging, but not when the game itself feels like it is conspiring against you at the most inopportune times. Simple solution is to make wasp unduped so he doesn't have his Sig ability, even though I know that isn't gonna happen.

4 times in a row, I had the game freeze after waspinator revives, yet the AI can continue attacking while the player cannot. He hits me with a volley of ranged I can't avoid because the game is frozen, and then I just bleed out. It's not fun having the next screen you see as your dead bot:

4ksk43jg4oil.png

Hey Manthro, can you provide specific details on your device model and OS? If there is a problem with your device and specifically Waspinator revivals, that sounds like an easy thing for us to profile here and take a look at.

There is nothing intentional about any lag or hitches in our content. We're trying to stomp them all out to ensure a clean, smooth experience and have no interest in intentionally sabotaging your fights. Reporting specific situations like Manthro did and providing device information helps us a lot in fighting these issues. :)
    @Kabam Kavs

Sure... I'm using a Moto Z (not play or force droid model... Just a regular Moto Z) running Android 7.1.1

Honestly, more lag and freezing happens the higher the pi of the opposing bot is. It feels like the AI is working hard to overcome the player, and it bogs down the device.

Rarely happens in parity battles.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited November 2017
    @Kabam Kavs

Sure... I'm using a Moto Z (not play or force droid model... Just a regular Moto Z) running Android 7.1.1

Honestly, more lag and freezing happens the higher the pi of the opposing bot is. It feels like the AI is working hard to overcome the player, and it bogs down the device.

Rarely happens in parity battles.

sounds dated.. get a new Android phone (if possible Android Oreo OS 9) or iPhone 8/X. And yea those Android phones best be latest model with lots of good RAM, CPU, and graphics processor for this game to run smoothly.

Devs still fail to optimize their game for lower spec devices. Is as if forcing them to get newer hardware just to play this game lol.
    edited November 2017
    Moto Z is far from dated, lol. Might not be the most powerful phone, but it's no slouch... And Android 9 doesn't exist yet, haha.

I know you're being sarcastic but it's still funny.

Only very select devices can even currently update to Android 8.

And I'll never in a million years touch an Apple product of any kind. I just don't like their UI on any platform.

Besides, it seems like more users are having issues running this game on new iPhones than any other device.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Moto Z is far from dated, lol. Might not be the most powerful phone, but it's no slouch... And Android 9 doesn't exist yet, haha.

I know you're being sarcastic but it's still funny.

Only very select devices can even currently update to Android 8.

And I'll never in a million years touch an Apple product of any kind. I just don't like their UI on any platform.

Besides, it seems like more users are having issues running this game on new iPhones than any other device.

Im on iphone 8 plus. Recently changed from Android. No regrets ever since best game play I ever had. Yea agreed hate the interface on iOS, difficulty of transferring files, etc but I can live with the shortcomings if my games plays better over here.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    in my case its not like i hate iphone but rather most of my apps are already on play store (more than half are paid apps)

anyway back to topic.. its really adding insult to injury , lag + wasp pwned all my 3 bots (albeit all started with low health) in AM just now..
  • Davien wrote: »
    Im on iphone 8 plus. Recently changed from Android.

Probably placebo. It probably seems better jsut because it's a newer and ore powerful phone.

• Kabam Kavs wrote: »

4ksk43jg4oil.png

Hey Manthro, can you provide specific details on your device model and OS? If there is a problem with your device and specifically Waspinator revivals, that sounds like an easy thing for us to profile here and take a look at.

There is nothing intentional about any lag or hitches in our content. We're trying to stomp them all out to ensure a clean, smooth experience and have no interest in intentionally sabotaging your fights. Reporting specific situations like Manthro did and providing device information helps us a lot in fighting these issues. :)

I'm on iOS 11.1.1 installed on an iPhone SE. I can't narrow down a specific mode this happens in because it's happening in all of them. Would recording each fight help?
  • The lag is so bad now like truly ridiculous especially in AM
  • This just happened to me today. Wasp teamkilled my bots. Every single bot had a near perfect round, then after the revive there a pause where everything is still then I see myself getting pounded, often with a special.

Honestly this is probably the last straw for me. I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back and will make me quit.